Home Discussions General Discussions

Can We Get A Rift Extension?

Exxodus21Exxodus21 Member Posts: 263

When the rift first came out we were told completing the tomes would be enough to finish the rift. I've finished the 2nd tome and I still have 3 rift tiers to go and probably won't have enough time to finish them.

Some of those challenges are really grindy too so I've put in a lot of games just to finish the tome, and to need to grind more exp just to get the last few tiers isn't fun at all.

Comments

• MiloMilo Member Posts: 5,961

I really wish they somehow fix how many fragments the challenges give you...

• Exxodus21Exxodus21 Member Posts: 263

It really is too much. It hurts even more when the games are so short you don't get full exp.

• BeHasUBeHasU Member Posts: 635

They said playing an hour a day would be enough to finish the rift, jokes on them...

• CheersCheers Member Posts: 3,426

Although I do think they need to fix challenges, it's more 10-15. Matches, which still isn't great, but just want everyone to be informed.

• NICK714NICK714 Member Posts: 173

I completed it in tome 2 xD

• BeHasUBeHasU Member Posts: 635

You need 8k xp for one tier, in this meta, games don't last more than 10 min to get the maximum amount of xp (610 i think?), so it will take an enormous amount of time, including queue times.

• IhatelifeIhatelife Member Posts: 4,747

It would be cool. But I wanna see the rift of tome 3 :D

• SnakeSound222SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 3,651
    edited March 30

An hour?! Is that including queue and loading times?

I feel you there. I would have to throw games just to get these challenges done and it sucked. Did you have BT for that challenge? Makes it a whole lot easier as it guarantees a safe unhook. I'm almost done with the entire Tome and I'm only at 48.

It seems like they said it during a live stream when it first came out. Even if that isn't exactly what they said, they definitely implied that casual play would be more than enough to complete the rift, and it isn't.

Regardless, the idea that the Rift should be available until the next Rift releases makes more sense. I've only played one other game with a "battle pass" system and that's how it worked.

• Aven_FallenAven_Fallen Member Posts: 6,687

They said that with 1 hour per day and the completion of the Challenges, you should be able to get to Tier 70. This is not really possible.

I am fine with the Rift System how it is currently.

• SrxErick4SrxErick4 Member Posts: 28

Estaría bien que den el doble de fragmentos por partida en los últimos días de grieta, para los jugadores que no tienen tiempo de completarla y los que les falta poco y ya terminaron el tomo.

• rharha Member Posts: 154

They actually said this, in the status update that announced the tome 1 level 3 changes:

When we originally planned the Tome and Rift, we had designed it in such a way that you would earn enough fragments from Player XP to finish The Rift by the time you complete all the challenges.

For the second tome, you had to earn slightly less than 3 shards per challenge through gameplay to finish the rift with the last challenge (assuming you got the 600 XP first game daily bonus every day). I reached tier 70 last Wednesday when I had finished the second last challenge, but I played normally (mostly, the "10 protection hits" drove me crazy in the end) and did not "optimize" my gameplay to finish challenges super fast.

• EradikEradik Member Posts: 63
    edited March 30

Hope not, as that would delay the start of the next rift. I just bought the last 15 I needed this morning. Give me rift #3!!

Plus, I want the tier 70 reward to be harder to get, so there's less of them out there. Yes, I'm still salty about losing my Dweard and want to get as many rare cosmetics as I possibly can. :)

I can't think of a reason it would delay the release of the next rift. There's a sizable gap between one rift closing and the next one opening.

• GoodBoyKaruGoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 5,298

My iPad hates me and won’t let me edit the above comment, so may I clarify I spent ~25 hours, not ~25 days, grinding this.

• HakuHaku Member Posts: 553
    edited March 30

I really don't understand how I was able to finish the last rift just by doing all the challegens and I even still had some left. Here I am almost done with the challenges missing just the get 10k emblems kind of challenges and I still have one full page left ....

• EradikEradik Member Posts: 63

Correct. I did buy it, because I was kind of busy this month and didn't get to finish all of the challenges. I like having rare cosmetics, and if that means buying it, I will buy it. The longer the rift is out, the more chance people have to get it.

See, I do agree. The challenges are boring as [BAD WORD] and cause burnout. I hate them for the most part. I hope we see more variety and more fun ones, rather than "30 hooks" or "12 rescues." I hate those types, and there are plenty of ones that would make it fun and engaging. Or at least, break it up a little bit. I also think they should bump the rewards a smidge.

I fully understand that some people don't have the time. I work 40+ hours a week, which is why I did end up buying some. I wanted the L70 cosmetic, I knew the rift was ending, so I paid for it. I get there are heroes out there working right now and they are run to their limits and they are tired and can't play. I am so thankful for them, but they too have the option to buy it if they want the cosmetics.

• RobMeister88RobMeister88 Member Posts: 351

R.I.P. casual play 2016-2016

• DreamnomadDreamnomad Member Posts: 2,821

If I'm a dev then what I'm hearing from you is that we didn't make the challenges "grindy" enough. Are you sure that you want to proceed with that argument?

• GoodBoyKaruGoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 5,298

So you want people fighting tooth and nail to fight off a pandemic to buy tiers in a rift, each of which costing 100 cells, and spend more of their money on something they should be able to grind for free? Making the rift even more of a cash grab, infuriating the community more.

Plus, these skins aren’t rare. They’ll be put onto the store in ~6 months. The only exclusive, rare thing about the rift are the charms, and they’re not worth that much anyway (personally my favourite are the Primus coins... that you get frm completing the challenges, not even from the rift).

• BabyClaudetteBabyClaudette Member Posts: 109

How often do you play? Because I got to tier 70 before level 4 even came out.