Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Spirit should have a flashlight counter

If Wraith and Hag do, why doesn't Spirit? She kinda works in the same way. She "teleports"/goes invisible. Shining a flashlight on her fake self left behind when she phases should instantly remove the fake and reveal the real Spirit's location. No stun or anything.

Comments

• CheersCheers Member Posts: 3,426

This sounds good in concept, but it's very poor when you actually think about it. You have to stand in the spot to use it, meaning The Spirit knows exactly where you are as she's coming out of phasing.

• blue4zionblue4zion Member Posts: 2,423

I wouldn't hate something like shining a flashlight on a phase walking spirit will reveal them for as long as the light is on them, that would actually be pretty neat.

More use for flashlights, another counter to Spirit.

• OrionbashOrionbash Member Posts: 697

It's a risk, right? Just like attempting to flashlight stun a wraith or destroy a Hag trap. And you don't have to be standing where you are to know. You can make some distance and shine the flashlight to reveal her. She's also slower out of phasing.

• Aven_FallenAven_Fallen Member Posts: 12,220

I would rather remove the Burn from Wraith and Nurse. I dont know if Wraith is still bugged and stays cloaked while burned, but there is not really a reason why he should suffer such a long Stun. And burning a Nurse is not worth it at all, so nobody is doing it anyway.

So instead of adding this to Spirit, remove it from Wraith and Nurse. It is quite an early-game concept anyway and should not be present anymore.

• katoptriskatoptris Member Posts: 2,430

The trapper was affected by toolbox and saboteur until the recent update. Beside lightburn is an old mechanic plus some people if not little don't know you can shine the light on the traps or on these specific killers.

• xenotimebongxenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

So would shining a flashlight on the husk break Spirit out of phasewalk, or just make her visible in it? Either way I can see this being pretty annoying vs a SWF with one guy as the designated Spirit annoyer, flash lighting her every time she phases while the two others do gens. Kind of a niche scenario but I can see people complaining about it.

• OrionbashOrionbash Member Posts: 697

Then that's two people not working on gens. I love, love, looooove as a killer when I got one person following me around while I chase another for a flashlight save. Two downs for the price of one. That'll pull everyone off of gens and the ball is in my court.

• xenotimebongxenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

But it would also be the Spirit being repeatedly knocked out of her power. Whether people are doing gens or not is sort of beside the point, it would be a way for the survivors to delete your power with no way to counter it. They removed survivors’ ability to sabotage Trapper’s traps for the same reason - having your power rendered unusable by a survivor item is bogus. Having someone chase you trying for a flashlight save is fine because you can play around it. Look at a wall, turn around, bait the save, etc.

If the idea is that it would just make her visible while phasewalking then it’d be less of an issue since you could still use your power, just less unpredictably.

• MegMain98MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,824
    edited April 2020

That would be terrible. What makes Spirit different from Wraith and Hag is that Wraith can still control his body and can avoid getting lightburned. Hag has 10 traps and her traps aren’t extremely visible to survivors. Spirit has NO control over her husk once she starts phase walking. Getting repeatedly knocked out of your power with zero control over your husk would be a terrible design.

If you want some sort of counterplay to Spirit it should be similar to how old Freddy worked. When you were in the process of falling asleep you saw glimpses of where he was. That could be something implemented into Spirit while she is phase walking. This is a suggestion from Otz.

• C3ToothC3Tooth Member Posts: 4,855

I think if flashlight hit Phrasing Spirit (not her husk), that will stun her. However she will see where the flash light resource come from. Hows about that?

I think something like this is good for stronger killers, to give more counters.

• ALostPuppyALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

Would be like playing Luigi's Mansion against the ghost types that were invisible and you had to find them using the mirror or the projector lmao.

• immortalls96immortalls96 Member Posts: 4,652

Not a good idea..items should be boosters, never direct counters to killer powers..its a poor design and is easily abused that way

• MigrantTheGreatMigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 1,293

A lot of people aren't aware of this. but Spirit is blindable while she's phasing and Just like any other killer it pulls her out of phasing it's just hard to pull of though.

• ThatbrownmonsterThatbrownmonster Member Posts: 1,640

Why should an item ruin a killer power?

Hag traps shouldn't be destroyed by flashlights

• MadLordJackMadLordJack Member Posts: 8,815

That is the same argument as using perks to counter perks. It's a bad, bad fix. Especially since these items, in the occasional circumstance they are in the game, completely destroy the killer if they happen to be going against one of those specific killers. Using perks/items to soft counter specific killers is bad enough. Hard counters are absolutely atrocious.

It really is, I understand trust me.

Bring it to counter, never get em. But I get them when I don't have counters!

But it's something ig....