Home PTB Feedback Archives Gameplay Feedback
We're currently investigating issues with frame rate on PS4 after the most recent update. Thank you to everyone for bringing this to our attention, and for your patience while we look into this

Ok dbd, slow down

before I start this rant, I’m letting you all know I play on console.

To the developers of dead by daylight, with the new update you added to console, you added a dc penalty, that locks matchmaking for any player who disconnects. Dc penalty’s have been a thing in video games for a long time, and that’s a good thing, it stops players from leaving the game over something stupid. However, dead by daylight is a game where the killer has a natural advantage, so most of the time, you will see a survivor dc more than a killer, for a (usually) good reason. Now I’m not sure what the community is like on pc, but on console, it seems like Almost every killer plays like a total [BAD WORD], whether it’s tunnelling, camping, cheating, or unsportsmanlike behaviour. So before you even THINK of adding a penalty to players for disconnecting, think of why the player base is, and fix THAT first. The only reason I disconnect is when I get a bad game from the killer playing horribly (by doing what I listed), and most other survivors do the same. Since this is what the game is like, you need to make the game fair to all players so it’s enjoyable, instead of reinforcing bad behaviour, which some perks do as well, like insidious. There has been an UNHEALTHY amount of killers who insidious camp the basement after hooking a survivor, forcing the survivor in the basement to usually die on first hook, which isn’t ok. You need to fix the concept and features of the game, before you start punishing people for wanting to leave and get into the next match.

Comments

• FeitenFeiten Member Posts: 204

Define cheating

And please cut that sportsman crap out. This isn't some E sports game. Killers job is to kill you. And im sure there are plenty killers like me that bring the last one to the hatch if! They do not wiggle. You wiggle you die.

• FibijeanFibijean Member Posts: 8,331

Player enjoyment is always important, obviously, because it keeps people playing the game, but not enjoying yourself is no excuse for quitting and ruining the match for everyone else. Unless it's your very first game, you knew what you were in for when you committed to the match by pressing "Ready", so to be quite frank, you deserve to be locked out of the queue if you decide to bail at that point just because things aren't going your way. I'm sorry if that sounds harsh, but that's why the penalties exist in the first place.

• The_Sadistic_LewisThe_Sadistic_Lewis Member Posts: 18

1.) Unsportsmanlike behaviour is literally a reportable option

2.) again, rarely any killers, especially at high ranks and very low ranks, give survivor hatch, but that’s not the problem. The problem is tunnelling and camping, which is further enhanced by jerk moves.

The penalties exist to stop toxic players for dc‘ing, however, most survivors don’t dc because of their toxic behaviour, but rather the killers behaviour. Also, yes, I expect killers to camp and tunnel, I’m aware of what happens when I press ready, that’s the problem, please read my post before you comment on it, I’m repeating the exact same thing I said before

• MagikazamMagikazam Member Posts: 133

Entitled survivor ahead! If you find a way to complain about tunelling and camping, I got words for you.

DS and BT

There, half your problem solved. campers? do gens instead of swarming hook, you will win, killer don't get any kind of reward camping hook, even with a 4k they risk depip and will just stay in rank 20 and you wont see them after a couple game.

That bein said complaining about tunelling is just survivor being salty cause the killer kill the fastest way possible, meanwhile survivor are opkay with ending game in 5-6 minute with genrushing.

half the killer aren't fun to play cause you somply need to tryhard with them due to the gens going to fast. The game about killer punishing survivor mistakes, if survivors don't do risky play or avoid mistake at all cost, killer can't play, and that what happend with genrush being the meta.

If survivor decide they are altruistic, good' I can have fun and slow the game. If survivor only care about gens and only unhook at last moments, I wont have fun. the game wont last long.

Survivor live in the best of two words, they can ignore camper and got perk to counter killer, doing their job by tunelling.

KIller can't ignore survivor doing gens fast and any way or tactics to slow down game depend on if survivor are potatoes or not.

• FibijeanFibijean Member Posts: 8,331

I read the entire thing. Just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't mean they weren't listening. If you're DCing intentionally, for any reason other than an emergency or a game-breaking bug that leaves you with no choice, you're knowingly ruining the match for up to four other players. It doesn't matter if you want to split straws over what counts as 'toxic' and what doesn't, that's why the penalty exists.

Yes, it would be nice if the game were more enjoyable all the time than it is. It should go without saying that that's something they're always trying to improve. But if they waited to implement DC penalties until every one of their millions of players was completely satisfied with the experience such that no one ever felt the need to ragequit, it would never happen.

1.) I’m a rank 1 killer, rank 3 survivor. I play both sides, I know what’s fair and not fair

2.) Both of those teachable can either only pop up in the shrine, or you have to buy the characters and level them up. To new players, or players that don’t want to spend more money on a video game, it’s not fair to them if the killer camps and tunnel

3.) Tunnelling is not a survivor being toxic, it’s a real thing that the devs have mentioned before, which is why they reworked ds. Tunnelling stops the player from being able to play the game, which as you may guess is really unfunny. The game should not be based off luck and AFK’ing, instead it should be skill based and have the killer attack multiple targets. Tunnelling can be a survivor being toxic, but most of the time it’s not.

4.) You DONT have to tryhard with killer, I get 4k and 3k all the time, regularly, just some killers don’t have as much map pressure as others, which is what killer perks are for. Not being able to control the map is not an excuse to make other people’s game time boring.

The core mechanics of the game would be fixed if the devs actively listen to the community, there have been a lot of good ideas on her and YouTube about reworks, changes, perks, and chapter ideas. It’s not like the game is helpless, they just need to try to get as much as the community in their minds as possible. And their is really not that much to rework, but if they aren’t and the killer chooses to ruin other players gameplay, it ruins the fun. And what I’m saying is that dc’ing is an ok thing if the killer chooses to play like a jerk because it is frequent behaviour in killers, if they changed the game to where it wouldn’t be (maybe camping/tunnelling penalties) it will help the game be more fair to everyone, instead of a luck based game of getting a humane killer.

''1.) I’m a rank 1 killer, rank 3 survivor. I play both sides, I know what’s fair and not fair''

Press X to doubt

''2.) Both of those teachable can either only pop up in the shrine, or you have to buy the characters and level them up. To new players, or players that don’t want to spend more money on a video game, it’s not fair to them if the killer camps and tunnel''

That so big of a strawman. Guess what it the same for killer. hell it the same for 3/4 of the perk in the entire game. Killer has to spend money if they want gen slowdown perk. hell, t hey need to spend money if they want any decent perk. base killer perk and general killer perk are relly bad and outdated, base survivor got way better option so survivor should'nt be complaining.

''3.) Tunnelling is not a survivor being toxic, it’s a real thing that the devs have mentioned before, which is why they reworked DS''

Good, they reworked it in a way that reward stupid play and that is more toxic than before it rework, they did a great job. Also the dev have a survivor bias when it come to balancing, Just look at the doctor rework/Ruin nerf patch note. Look at how they phrase thing in it. they did'nt nerf ruin cause it was op or something, no ''It was frustrating for survivor when they missed skillcheck'' God forbid a survivor get a downside when he miss a skillcheck.(And just to be clear, im not saying that the patch is survivor sided cause of the Hex ruin and the doctor rework, It just because of how they phrase the reason of nerf and how they basicly ignore the killer side of the issue. Like, if they reworked trapper in that patch they would'nt say ''oh we reworking him cause hi mechanic are outdated and kinda weak, clunky rng and boring'' They would phrase it like ''Were reworking trapper because survivor can't relly interact around his power that much and they have to wait after 2-3 gens are done'' It not that the change are survivor sided, it the fact they balance the game around the point of view of a casual rank 15 survivor who want fun whithout putting any skill in game.)

''Tunnelling stops the player from being able to play the game, which as you may guess is really unfunny''

Anti tunnelling seriously reduce the player ability from being able to play the game in a efficient manner, which as you may guess is really unfuny.

Fun goes both way. My goal as a killer is not to force survivor to play musical chair on the hook, my goal is to kill them. and guess what, the game punish me for focusing on the weakest link on the survivor team. You should'nt get protection because im doing my job, that unfair and unfun for me. Also guess what, you don't want the killer to tunnel you? maybe the unhooker can bait the killer , or at worst, body block and take a hit. If not they could also wait for the killer to be in a chase. To me, it just seem like anti tunnel tools are a patch that reward survivor for unhooking at the wrong time and not taking the correct set of action to prevent tunnel in the first place.

''Not being able to control the map is not an excuse to make other people’s game time boring.''

Not being able to know when to unhook or to know how to protect a teamate from a tunnel is not an excuse to make other people game time boring.''

1.) You can doubt it all you want, it won’t change the fact that I am.

2.) all the good gen slowdown perks are not hard to get for killer, a lot of the dlcs are free...

3.) you...literally just proved my point???

4.) you might not be a good and efficient killer if you can’t kill everyone without tunnelling, from they way you explained that it sounds like you are a tunneller which makes your opinion on this discussion invalid.

5.) you shouldn’t have to, though? The only time you are unhooking at the wrong time is if the killer is camping the basement, and it’s late game. Other times it’s fine and easy to deal with. Also that didn’t make much sense

''all the good gen slowdown perks are not hard to get for killer, a lot of the dlcs are free...''

Hex ruin, Hag Paid DLC. Pop, Clown Paid DLC Corrupt, Plague, Paid DLC Thana, Nurse, F2P Relly Killer dependant. Dying light, Myer, Paid DLC (It a bad perk anyway lol) Overcharge, Doctor, paid dlc (another bad perk) Hex Lulaby, Huntress free DLC, (work in gimmick build at best)

Thrilling Tremors, Ghostface, paid DLC (lol this is so bad) Surge, Demo,Paid DLC.

So that all the gens slowdown perk. There other perk that slow down the game but these are the only one that regress gens. and out of the 2 free one, Only 1 is viable and only on certain killer.

Considering we assume the killer is a f2p killer, he can only use Thana on Wraith and Nurse if he relly want it to be usefull. and I doubt they be playing nurse any time soon. trapper is late game killer and injured survivors are either in trap or being chased, Billy will be one shoting shoting survivor around so they probably wont be injured often and Huntress usually want to commit on a chase if a survivor is injured, unless she can get free hit on other survivors but that on survivors to do mistake.

Wow, Great option am I right, the 1 option of them.

You could argue that Nurse calling can slow down the game too, but it relly on the same thing as Thana so you still wont run it on same killer than thana.

''4.) you might not be a good and efficient killer if you can’t kill everyone without tunnelling,''

All im saying is that punishing killer for tunneling when they are simply doing the equivalent of gen rushing, but for killer is stupid, Imagine if killer had a perk that did the folowing

''If a survivor work finish a gen whitout stoping midway to complete another generator, the entity block the gen for 5 second and regress it to 50%, This can only trigger once per survivor''

You think any survivor would find it fun to stop working on a gen just because the game decided that ''genr rushing is no fun'' therefore you can't do your objective in the way you want. Who care if bringing 3 gens to 99% to pop them all at once is a better strat or not, you just want to be able to commit to something you started working on, you don't want to killer to come and kick it but you could'nt do anything cause if you finished the gen the killer perk would have said YOLO and regress it anyway.

This is litteraly the equivalent of tunneling, but for the survivor objectives. If the survivor get the choice to brute force and genrush, Killer should also be able to brute force and tunnel to kill someone fast.

I’m just going to stop arguing with you, it’s hard to win an argument against a smart person, but impossible to win an argument against a stupid person