Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Is it really rational that KYF doesn't get any bloodpoints while SWF gets full bloodpoints?

DehitayDehitay Member Posts: 1,723

I'm not saying that KYF should get full bloodpoints; maybe 25% of a normal match would be rational. But at the same time, for similar reasons, I think it's ridiculous that SWF gets full bloodpoints for playing the game in a much easier mode. If SWF can get full bloodpoints, why can't KYF get any?

Comments

• MojoTheFabulousMojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,012

I don't play KYF but I like the idea of getting points for playing it, even if it is reduced.

• PerskuleBenenerPerskuleBenener Member Posts: 43

It would be easily exploitable to get blood points from kyf, and I don't see any reason why you would get less bloodpoints from playing swf. That's definitely not the problem of swf, survivors get quite less blood points compared to killers anyway

• GRT_AlkalineGRT_Alkaline Member Posts: 224

Most games with a custom game mode you dont get any progress or what not, for example look at Call ot Duty you dont raise your rank in the customs. So the kyf thing is best just looked at it like that.

Not to say i don't get where you're coming from with swf getting full points and kyf getting none, i do. But it's just so you and your mates cant just farm up bloodpoints (even at a reduced rate) without it affecting your "rank"

• luka2211luka2211 Member Posts: 1,433

25% of a normal match would be rational,very. It's only 8k bp,doubt anyone would farm when you get that small amount so I don't see a problem with it. Ofc if bp offerings don't work.

• LALYTHIALALYTHIA Member Posts: 1,656

If course ppl would farm it. Zero queue time. Quick matches. No BP cost for items. No headache. It would be immediately abused.

• SaltedSnowSaltedSnow Member Posts: 304

It takes what, 10-15mins to farm 32k BP in a game, but that gets reduced to 8k. At that point it's literally more efficient to join a game, do 1 gen, 1 unhook and like 2 totems for equal BP in a similar timeframe.

• LivUndeadLivUndead Member Posts: 69

{insert Mad Max that's bait meme}

• luka2211luka2211 Member Posts: 1,433
    edited May 2020

I said that cause of what @SaltedSnow said. At that point the bp gain would be really small so it'd be better to do 1 real game than 4 kyf ones.

• Aven_FallenAven_Fallen Member Posts: 11,512

How is SWF the easier mode compared to KYF? You get unlimited ressources in KYF, have access to every Perk in the game without spending a single BP on it and you know all other players (including the Killer).

But I think giving BPs in KYF is not that bad, even tho, BP multipliers (like BBQ or WGLF) and BP Offerings need to be disabled/not giving any BP Bonus and it should be quite a low amount so that farming is not worth the time, but there is some little reward for playing a few friendly custom games.

• GraveHunterGraveHunter Member Posts: 328

I dont mind really. The grind is already brutal as is, so if people want to farm the 25% of normal bloodpoint gain, be my guest.

• DwightOPDwightOP Member Posts: 2,328

Let them "exploit" farming then? It's not like they can get 100k per match, it's still limited. Besides the fact that we eradicate farmers from public matches.

• Dr_TrautsDr_Trauts Member Posts: 704

i dont understand your logic behind any of this? ######### can be farmed, and was, so it shoudnt get any. and swf should get full because theyre playing the normal game?

• DehitayDehitay Member Posts: 1,723
    edited May 2020

I meant much easier compared to solo survivor or killer. Voice comms for survivors are more powerful than any item, addon, perk, or offering in the game.

It's weird to see so many people complain about farming for KYF but not SWF. If people are so concerned about people using the ease of KYF to farm (even though that would be ridiculously inefficient at 25% bp gains), then shouldn't the same people be concerned about people using the ease of SWF to farm? It's a annoying double standard to say that KYF doesn't deserve any bloodpoints but SWF deserves full bloodpoints. If you're that concerned about easier farming, shouldn't SWF get 75% bloodpoint gains or something?

• NMCKENMCKE Member Posts: 8,050

To play Devil's Advocate, 25% isn't efficient since getting 32K in KYF would give you 8K. If farming is the problem here... Couldn't you add a daily limit to how much BP you can earn in KYF? Let's say 50K! 😊

• PeanitsPeanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 6,663

This is true, but to play devil's advocate again, if you only get ~20k BP by the end of the match and lose 75% of that, is it really any better? That's about one node on the bloodweb at that point, you're hardly making any progress. It's not too different from getting nothing at all.

Though even still, assuming you come up with an efficient way to farm points, seeing as how you could completely skip the matchmaking and lobby portion, quickly starting a match and farming points could actually be faster than a normal public match.

• Aven_FallenAven_Fallen Member Posts: 11,512

Playing in an SWF is not a guaranteed high outcome of BPs. It is not even a guaranteed win (and people who say that should maybe think a little bit ahead of "Bruh, SWF is unfair"). But playing in KYF is a guaranteed BP-Gain, therefore it should be low.

• DehitayDehitay Member Posts: 1,723

Actually, something and nothing is a HUGE difference. If you do the math, 1 is an infinite times bigger than 0.

There is pretty much only one reason people don't play KYF: it's a complete waste of time when you need bloodpoints so badly when you don't have a group to play with. Having reduced bloodpoint gains would change that completely and make the mode significantly more popular. A lot of people including myself would much prefer to play with 5 people for a friendly game rather than having to risk deal with the stress of a chance at ebony moris or 4 man flashlight squads. However, you're not always going to be able to do that and if spending any time doing so completely holds you back when you're not doing so, you're less driven to play KYF.

• MegaWaffleMegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

Actually if you use WGLF and stack that up then you would be getting the equivalent of a full match worth of BP.

Also if you wait an average of X minutes for a regular lobby yet you can insta queue KYF it may actually still be more beneficial to KYF then play a regular match.

I'm also on the Devils payroll. ^.^

• LirulinielLiruliniel Member Posts: 3,007

Survivors should always have less bloodpoints than Killers. The moment it's close or even consistently than a large portion of the game will jump to survivor.

• EvanRavenEvanRaven Member Posts: 194

In other games playing a custom match gives you no exp or levels, so why should it be any different in dbd?

• EvanRavenEvanRaven Member Posts: 194
    edited May 2020

It's actually easier then you think to farm bloodpoints. Slap on we'll make it or borrowed time and we're gonna live forever. (bring a flashlight if you want it easier) go for flashlight saves, bodyblock. Easily get 4 stacks.

For killer just bring bbq and play doctor.

drop some party streamers in there too and you'll be swimming in bp

• IceCreamPrincessIceCreamPrincess Member Posts: 226

It would be justifiable to earn bloodpoints in KYF if you didn't have access to everything, but since every character you own is unlocked, as well as all perks maxed and all items, people who play kyf dont need the blood points.

If you have 5 people, KYF is the only option anyways, less than that you might as well do a normal SWF, or a KYF with less people

And finally, the penalty would have to be so low as to not allow people to just farm ot, it becomes almost negligible in the amounts you earn, so its pointless.

Groups of friends don't not play KYF because theres no reason since you don't get bloodpoints, its either because its not 5 exact people, or they dont want to play it in the first place

• VolfawottVolfawott Member Posts: 3,875

It's quite possible you could put a div after the amount of blood points you earn in kill your friends.

You will only earn 25% or 30% of the blood could you make in the match this will make you kill your friends farming nowhere near viable enough for people to just spam it out.

If you don't want to implement that type of restriction you could put a daily bloodpoint cap on kill your friends meaning you can only earn x amount of blood points that day from kill your friends.

Both of these options will allow people who just want to have casual fun matches or tournaments to actually earn.

It will also be good if you decide to show your friends some of the ropes of the game that they could at least have a chunk of blood points in their pocket from it

• Bravo0413Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,631

if you can just farm constantly with friends, how do you think that would affect the game it's self? 8k per match with no wait times and not having to deal with what is "toxic"... it wouldn't be good for those who actually want to play the game.