Home Discussions General Discussions

Iridescent heads addon is fine as it is

ThatbrownmonsterThatbrownmonster Member Posts: 1,578

I am tired of seeing all this posts asking for it to get nerfed

You survivor mains can handle dodging a full set of hatches, but as soon as you realize it's iridescent heads you can't?

Survivors should just "adapt" to the killer power and perks

If the huntress has iridescent heads you need to

-dodge the hatches

-avoid vaulting pallets and windows

-use walls as your ally

-use stealth

just stop asking for nerfs when you refuse to adapt and try to learn to counter it

Comments

• metalklokmetalklok Member Posts: 621

yeah and why should you only get 1 axe!

• CJ46CJ46 Member Posts: 50

huntress hatchets go through stuff half of the time i'd say 60% off huntress hatchets that "hit me" don't actually hit me, if the hatchet hitboxes are fixed then fine but until then they need to be nerfed

• DeadeyeDeadeye Member Posts: 2,852

It has a downside, you just have 1 hatchet ^^ the problem is the belt.

There is an easy fix, just make the hatchet count not stackable with other addons, done. Also heard the suggestion to add the minimum range like the Deathslinger has. That would also be fair and to be honest, I would even be fine if the addon then just gives -2 hatchets. In short distance you cannot dodge a hatchet, at least not as "reaction" to where the Huntress aims. If she releases at the right moment and aims well, you cannot avoid the hit.

And to your "adapt" comments: there is no adaption to this addon. It has the same counterplay as the base power. And you get hit during a match, which totally depends on the Huntress' skill.

• csandman1977csandman1977 Member Posts: 1,795

And yet billy and bubba instadown at close range. Billy can even get to you much much faster and doesn't have to reload.

Iri-head is scary. It's supposed to be. It's fine. No i don't use them.

• ThatbrownmonsterThatbrownmonster Member Posts: 1,578

thank you!

People will come here and start saying they can dodge hillbilly and bubba but can't hatches??I don't get survivors soemtimes

And as a huntress player, 11000 blood points for both iri heads and belt is rediculous. I would only run them in a kyf situation.

Personally, the yellow glove and the brown exhaustion are her best value add ons for me. 7000 BP for easy to get items. No crying postgame. Win win

• RaSavage42RaSavage42 Member Posts: 1,724

"Range"

Ha

Don't make me laugh

• brokedownpalacebrokedownpalace Member Posts: 5,659

You know what can save you from Billy and Bubba?

Windows and vaults.

Oops sorry. I forgot your advice is to stop using those things.

11,000 is ridiculous? Really? When killers can use BBQ and easily make 50k+ BP per match? You get 11k bp after playing for less than 5 minutes lol.

So not only do you think iridescent heads are fine balance wise, but you also think they are too expensive. 😅

yea….I am saying to counter the hatches you should avoid vaulting over windows and pallets

hatches, a power for the huntress

hell I didn't know billy and bubba had hatches!

• brokedownpalacebrokedownpalace Member Posts: 5,659

A good way to counter iridescent heads is to get into a locker and just never come out for the whole match. Completely nullifies the huntress' power. I hope the devs nerf this broken survivor strategy.

You know what the worst thing is? If survivors don't move they don't trigger Hag or Trapper's traps. It's broken. Can't believe it's been in the game for years and the devs do nothing about it!

• BovinityBovinity Member Posts: 1,522

An instant-down from range DOES seem pretty damn good. Granted, I don't play Huntress, so I've never had the pleasure.

That said - while addon synergy is fun - it probably shouldn't be able to be paired with another addon to negate the intended downside of such a strong effect.

• CashelP14CashelP14 Member Posts: 3,116

It is pretty broken. Instadown hatchets are like the old prayer beads. Certain killers wouldn't have the skill to use them effectively but when a decent or good player used them it was nearly unplayable.

Things like hatchet hitboxs and face camping just makes this add-on even more frustrating to face.

• HellDescentHellDescent Member Posts: 3,617

Because some people will actually heal against that and complain after instead of sitting on gens and getting out before she can get 3-4 hooks

• RespectfulnancymainRespectfulnancymain Member Posts: 1,815

I meant iri head with infantry belt has no down side since normally you would need to hit 2 hatchets out of 5 but with iri head and infantry belt you only hit 1 out of 3. Yes i agree thr synergy needs to be nerfed i probably should have mentioned iri head plus belt and not just iri head

I think 11000 bloodpoints for 1 game is too much, especially on a killer that doesn't need them.

I personally don't give a flip if they get nerfed or removed. I dont use them and like going against them, as it forces me to play in a different way, which in turn helps me increase my survivor skills.

The topic was they aren't OP. I agreed. I do however get tired of the coordinated attacks. Ruin sucks, Nerf. Nurse OP, Nerf. Spirit OP, Nerf. Map size, Nerf. Gen speed, Nerf. Now it's iri heads. Something that has been in the game for years.

And you can't argue that map changes sparked the iri heads campaign. It started almost the day after the ruin change.

I do think WGLF needs a change to help survivors get more points. Which has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

2 out of 5 is better odds than 1 out of 3. Just saying! 😜

• youarewronglolyouarewronglol Member Posts: 445

Iri isn't the problem really

It could be a fun all or nothing add-on i imagine

I've never seen someone run it without the pouch though, so it's just [BAD WORD] crazy

• SaltedSnowSaltedSnow Member Posts: 302

All that needs to be changed is to make them unable to work with the belt add-ons. Why does it take so long for a change like that to be made? It can't take more than 3 hours for someone to add to the code of the add-ons.

Because they are doing a full rework of her addons. So all changes will be made at the same time.

Of course last time they did an add on pass we got nurse Sooooo.

• ChiTenshiChiTenshi Member Posts: 739

The concept is fine, a glass cannon add-on where the Huntress only has 1 hatchet but it insta-downs. The issue is with the belts removing the downside.

If BHVR fixed that issue, then the add-on would be fine. Possible fixes could include:

1) The add-on reduces Huntress’ carrying capacity to 1, regardless of what other add-ons are in play. [Fixes the issue and keeps the vision of turning Huntress into a Glass Cannon].

2) Only the last hatchet the Huntress throws is puts a Survivor into the dying state. [More of a ‘Last in the barrel’ concept but still fixes the issue of carrying multiple insta-downs at one time. Adds a twist where Huntress Players have to consider holding onto the insta-down hatchet or reloading to full].

• SaltedSnowSaltedSnow Member Posts: 302

The huntress' add-ons are mostly fine, and why do they need to devote everything to redo all her add-ons anyways. I've never understood why they find it so hard to just mess with the numbers on add-ons a little every update. Get one guy to spend an afternoon reducing the duration of those exhaustion add-ons to 10s, for example.

It's such a damn easy thing to do, and if an addon gets nerfed too hard, who cares, they can just undo the bloody change in the next update. I'm not even asking for insane changes, just changing the value of '30' to '10.' I doubt it would be extremely difficult to disable extra hatchets on iri, they did it for hag teleport.

• AneurysmAneurysm Member Posts: 1,806

I play both roles the same way

and just because peanits is against something doesn't mean it will get nerfed