Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

This map rework patch has been completely useless...

As a main survivor it's as easy as it was before. No difference, gen rush and loop killers to infinity and beyond!

As a rank 10-8 killer I am gen rushed at the same pace as before. NOED is mandatory and be happy if you get 2 kills and a black pip(cause this is the dev's purpose, to black pip as a killer), cause in every God dang match you get at least 1-3 survivors who are rank 1 and demolish you!

How to waste 2-3 months for an update like this and the only beneficial thing are the nerfs to the windows on the Ironworks of Misery and Rancid Abbatoir maps, that's it. 2 months to add 2 vaults next to them windows...Talk about waste of time and proper management...

When will we get a proper matchmaking? A matchmaking that won't put me with players further than 3 ranks away from me? A matchmaking that can actually feel like you're playing with people around you. In 10 years of hardcore gaming I've never encountered a more disastruous matchmaking than the one in this game. It's a joke!

When we will get a proper update to make killers actually look like killers and not just a bunch of toys you're toying around with?

Oh yeah, never! But hey, we will still play this freakin' game cause we're addicted to it and spend money on DLC's and new skins and whatever. I really hope a serious assymetrical game contender comes around. I am stuck to a game where I'm enjoying half the content, and not the one I'd like to enjoy. I'd like to enjoy playing as a killer, having matches where you could sweat for your win and matches that would take 10-15 minutes and actually feel rewarding for both sides. What I get is 5 minute matches of extreme bullying. And on the opposite site, 5 minute matches as survivor where I bully killers to the point I really feel sorry for them and I feel ashamed for hurting them in such a state...

Comments

• WaffleyumboyWaffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

If you feel sorry for them, why bully them?

• Mister_HoldoutMister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

They didn't even remove all the god windows lmao.

• Steel_EyedSteel_Eyed Member Posts: 3,369

Really? I noticed a difference

• GoodBoyKaruGoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 18,726

I mean, as a solo survivor I've noticed games have gotten harder. Rank 1.

As a killer (rank 1/2) the maps I struggle most on are yamaoka (because ######### yamaoka), mothers dwelling still because of the sheer size of it, and gas heaven. The reworked maps (except dwelling) are now really easy to play on and my best advice is to literally play better. Learn when to chase and when to drop, when to find a gen lock and keep it; the only gen that matters is the last one.

Also, don't use noed. This isn't because of some entitled survivor main death to noed reason, but because it sounds like it's actually becoming a crutch perk to you like it was to me. Take it off before you become too reliant on it- I managed to get to rank 4, removed noed and found myself playing at rank 10 levels again. For the bettering of your killer experience in the long term, don't use that perk. It's a short term solution.

• HuffHuff Member Posts: 1,480

No, NOED is not mandatory. I don't use it and I "win" all the time.

I'd be willing to take the post more seriously if it wasn't complaining about rank. I hate to sound like I'm replying just to disregard what you say, but rank really has nothing to do with skill in this game. Trying to say that you'd do better if players were within 3 ranks of you is just simply not true. Even if you were to get red rank/rank 1 players, they still could be just as easy as facing rank 15s. You never really know what kind of players you're going to get in your game, no matter what their rank is.

• BigBrainMegMainBigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826

As a survivor, I feel there are more pallets everywhere.

As a killer, hmm...It's been the same. Throw hatchets, down people, some gens get done.

• MdawguMdawgu Member Posts: 394

“As a main survivor..” and you lost me.

• Fres0c0Fres0c0 Member Posts: 100

The patch wasn't ment to fix gens it was meant to fix loops the update fixed some and succeed on what they were fixing the update was a success because it fix what was being worked on

• Speshul_KittenSpeshul_Kitten Member Posts: 1,861

+1 OP statements, the queue times haven’t improved for survivor, as a high rank killer I can conclude that other killers don’t believe this patch is enough. It is a step in the right direction but it will need more work.

• SurviveByDaylightSurviveByDaylight Member Posts: 720

This is a joke right? Killers ez 😂

1) it’s near impossible to not get at least 2 kills every match. (and I main plague - she’s purple rank but I see red rank survivors EVERY MATCH)

also, I think killers at high ranks shouldn’t suffer pip for not getting 4K when survivors don’t have to escape every game to pip. That part seems broken to me. That’s where the inequality lies and maybe people won’t be as upset about the lack of balance if this were the case. Where’s the fun in dying every game? There isn’t.

• SoylentPixieSoylentPixie Member Posts: 1,078

The new changes were not made in order to make the survivors hop onto your weapon. You still have to put the work in.

The update wasn't put in to stop 'gen rush' that's still your job as the killer, survivors are doing theirs. It was implemented to give you more time at the start of the match.

It has already been stated that more maps will be changed later. It would be the height of assumption and stupidity to change ALL the maps at once without first testing how these currently changed maps affect the gameplay outside of PTB over a longer period. If it ended up a disaster, they would have to change all the maps again, and considering it took this long to do 2, I'd rather wait a little longer. And map changes were not made in order to stop looping but to end chases earlier, if you are having trouble utilizing those changes....that's really not on the devs.

I'm not opposed to changes in the game, heck add another survivor objective if it helps. But when there ARE gen slow down perks, and there ARE plenty of killers that are adapting well while survivors are finding it a little harder (not impossible, which seems to be what some people want, but harder), then i just can't take stuff like this seriously.