Home Bug Reporting
The 4.6.0 PTB is now available on Steam. For full details, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/231267

NEED COMMUNITY HELP | RANDOM DISCONNECT IN-GAME

Comments

• ShenaniganShenanigan Member Posts: 183

Xbox One

North America

This occured to me twice yesterday (Wednesday May 27th, 2020) when I was playing as a killer. The first time was when I was playing a player dropped a pallet on me and I was stuck. I could still look around and such so it didn't bother me too much Knowing I can be freed out eventually, but I couldn't look around anymore then my game froze and it kicked me out. And it said, "No Network Connection" when I was prompted on the title screen. After I logged back in the game I received a 3 Minute match making penalty. The second time I was playing another game as killer but this time I got kicked out of the game again after a few minutes in the game and I received another 3 minute matchmaking penalty.

• sliptteesslipttees Member Posts: 670
    edited May 2020

PS4 Pro

Ceará / Brazil

At least once a day. Sometimes 3 or 4

• AshInTheTallGrassAshInTheTallGrass Member Posts: 65

This has happened to me more than once at various times of day, but the most recent one was:

Platform: PS4

Region: Western Region of the United States (Nevada)

When: Saturday, May 30th, 2020, approx. 12:10 p.m.

What: Blue screen and then a message saying: An error has occurred in the following application. (CE-34878-0) Dead by Daylight

I was given a DC time penalty.

• AshInTheTallGrassAshInTheTallGrass Member Posts: 65

It literally just did it to me again. And I was given another DC penalty. I'm not even going to try to play again today.

This time it occurred at approx. 12:30 p.m.

(FYI, I emailed the devs about this before and was told to try uninstalling and reinstalling the game. I did that, and it didn't fix it).

• CatHerderCatHerder Member Posts: 1

Platform: PC

Region: US (Pacific)

Time: Several times over the last few days, last time at 12:08 A.M

Completely random disconnects almost every game.

• wussyboi2000wussyboi2000 Member Posts: 71

PS4

São Paulo / Brazil

6:50 AM

I was playing Deathslinger and suddenly I couldn't reload his gun and he started walking REALLY slow. Then the game crashed and I got the "Disconnection From Host" message. Got a 5 min ban.

Video proof:

PS4

São Paulo / Brazil

1:40 PM

Another crash, same day. This time I was about to grab a survivor doing a gen and the animation got stuck. Then the game crashed and I got the "Disconnection From Host" message again. Another 5 min ban for me. I'll stop playing now because I know it's gonna keep crashing until I get a ridiculous DC penalty (my record is 48h).

Video proof:

• rwbmachinerwbmachine Member Posts: 6

PC

Houston Texas

Started crashing at random. I have tried reinstalling the game. it has happened at least three times today

Playing killer all system monitors are showing proper temperatures. No overclocks on any of my equipment.

R7 3800X

gaming pro 470x

16GB ram 16-19-19-39 3600

970 evo M2

1tb drive rtx2070

hard wired ethernet

PS4

São Paulo / Brazil

9:25 AM

Happened again. I hit a survivor, the game crashed and I got the "Disconnection From Host" message. Another unfair DC penalty. I couldn't get a video this time because my PS4 didn't capture it for some reason, but it was basically the same as the other videos I posted.

• VSchmittVSchmitt Member Posts: 461

Guys, they really don't care. I've sent tickets, I've created a discussion, I've sent recordings of the gameplay, NOT A SINGLE RESPONSE from devs, from mods, from no one, just a big [BAD WORD] you. They're professionals at shifting the blame to the player's connection, even when we PROVE that our internet IS NOT THE PROBLEM. It's sad and it will kill the game.

• CREEPERGAMER138CREEPERGAMER138 Member Posts: 4

PC

Santiago chile

It is the 4th time that it happens to me at different times of the day. I do not know which file to send so that everyone will see it, but I will send the last one but I would like to not be penalized because I do not disconnect, I disconnect myself

PC

Santiago Chile

again it happened to me because this is happening to me

• SkyFreeSkyFree Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2020
    • Platform: PC
    • Region: North America
    • June 1st, between 10 PM and just short of midnight, Eastern Time
    • Logs: Attached, presumably.

Really hoping you guys can fix this shortly. I just dropped $20 on Auric Cells and was immediately unable to play the game. I have video evidence proving that I didn't disconnect, the server forcefully ejected me.

• DonleovDonleov Member Posts: 34

PC

São Paulo, Brazil

11:00 am Brasilia

It just happened to me.

• Mineiro11Mineiro11 Member Posts: 5

I'm being disconnected from nowhere and my internet is normal.

Date: 01/06/2020

Hours: 19:56

Region: São Paulo, Brazil

Please remove my 3-day ban

This is happening directly and my internet is normal

PS4

São Paulo / Brazil

5:15 PM

A survivor stopped running and I hit her, game crashed and gave me the "Disconnection From Host" message. Another DC penalty.

Video:

• SkyFreeSkyFree Member Posts: 2

Date: June 2nd, 2020

Time: 4:35 PM (16:35) Eastern Time

Region: North America (Boston)

Please. Fix this. I just want to play your game. I can not play your game because of these connection issues that aren't me. My internet is reading clear across the board, I'm having no poor quality issues with downloads, streams, voice calls, or other games. But about 80% of my games I try to play in DBD end up having a killer or survivor running away into a corner before I get the "Disconnected From Host" screen. There's no rhyme or reason to it. I just want to play your game. I've purchased all of the DLC. I've invested hundreds of hours into the game itself, and hundreds more watching various videos, streams, and memes.

Once again, I have videos of the disconnects as they happen due to NVIDIA Shadowplay. This past one I was running away from Tier 3 Myers after getting two pallet stuns and after I was getting ready to loop him at a VERY unsafe pallet, I watched him walk away in a straight line. Briefly thought he might have lost me so I pointed at him and just boom. DC. 15 minute ban. I don't want to keep playing and get a multi day ban for something out of my control and, bluntly, not my issue. If my internet was having a conniption that's one thing, but it's not. It's somewhere in the pipe between me and the servers, and while it might not be the server itself, it's definitely not me. Please find a fix somewhere in here I can't complete my tome like this.

• sizzl3sizzl3 Member Posts: 26

Date: June 2nd, 2020

Time 6:22 est

Platform: PS4

Region: North America

Game disconnects every time now. It happens and takes away actions while the music is still playing. Kicks me out to main menu and says I need internet connection. Occasionally says disconnected from host. I now have a 30 min dc timer. I want to play the game but can’t because I don’t want to risk getting banned.

PS4

São Paulo / Brazil

7:03 PM / 3 June 2020

"Disconnection From Host" + DC penalty

Video:

pc

Santiago Chile

It is the fifth time and I already have 15 minutes. Please help.

• NekrosNekros Member Posts: 1

PC

Argentina

Random disconnections since last week, every day. 30 mins to 1 hour bans.

• lostkqlostkq Member Posts: 162
    • PC
    • Florida, America
    • Around 9:34 (But it happens constantly.)

Sorry if theres anything above it, but i played a kyf against my friend after this <3

• ImLeslieKetamineImLeslieKetamine Member Posts: 119

PS4

NA (Illinois)

As for a timezone, it's been happening pretty much everyday ever since the map changes.

What will happen is that everything will be completely fine, and then suddenly the survivors will endlessly run in a straight line and ignore all my hits on them for around ten or so seconds before I am disconnected. I am given the points I had earned up to that point, but get hit with a DC penalty.

I am up to a six hour penalty now, and have no idea what could be causing this.

• DelsKibaraDelsKibara Member Posts: 2,042

PC

Western Australia

8:40 PM

Admittedly my own internet is unreliable, but it hasn't disconnected me out of the match before.

PS4

São Paulo / Brazil

2:27 PM / 4 June 2020

This time it crashed and said "No Network Connection" instead of the usual "Disconnection From Host". My internet was fine.

Video:

• PatBrutalPatBrutal Dev, Community Manager Posts: 567
    edited June 2020

Thanks a lot for you help everyone, I have forwarded all your information to the team in charge. I will poke you if they need something specific.

<3

PS4

São Paulo / Brazil

5:20 PM / 4 June 2020

Again, same day. Went to pick up an object from the ground, got stuck and "Disconnection From Host" + DC penalty

Video:

• lostkqlostkq Member Posts: 162

Holy [BAD WORD] [BAD WORD] bro this [BAD WORD] is so [BAD WORD] annoying i get banned DAY AFTER [BAD WORD] DAY BECAUSE OF THIS [BAD WORD] I HAVE A 48 HR BAN DUE TO THIS GARBAGE [BAD WORD] GAME

PC United states, Florida

Happened today at 6/5/2020 12:58

This error has Been happening to me since dc bans became a thing and ive not been able to play more then 4 games a day due to this , i get banned constantly therefore increasing the time every time i play, its so [BAD WORD] annoying bro i consistantly get 24 hr bans and now i have a 2 day ban. wtf is this [BAD WORD] man.

• felipao_brabofelipao_brabo Member Posts: 169

PC - Brazil/São Paulo

Had this issue in the beginning of the afternoon, but I have it all the time, I'm now banned for two days due to this bug.

• JewmanJewman Member Posts: 1

I keep getting this Quit game error, it forces me to quit the game, which gives me the penalty timer. Which i had up to 30minutes last week. I dont DC from the games, this freaking bug keeps forcing me to do so. SOOOO frustrating! I have validated my steam files just like it says too, and my steam files are good. this bug occurs about every 2 hours of non stop game play. Its hard to want to play the game or even play the game when I keep getting this error even more so when my brother is able to get on, oh, now i have to wait 30 minutes. t h a n k s D B D. Attached is a picture of the error i get.

This discussion has been closed.