Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Disturb 50 Crows

Rey_512Rey_512 Member Posts: 1,620

Although I finished this Tome Challenge in 2 games, I’m curious as to why the devs thought this would be a good addition.

No, it’s not hard but it doesn’t contribute to your goal as a survivor or killer like the rest of the challenges do.

Why do you guys think the devs made this a challenge? Variety? To make people upset?

Comments

• Terra92Terra92 Member Posts: 583

I did it in one match and pipped. I guess it's all in how you view it. And what map you get.

I think the concept of the Archives is fine, but it certainly leans more towards doing an objective and not caring about surviving or making sure your teammates survive. Which just screws everyone over in the end.

• brokedownpalacebrokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,009

Why would anyone be upset? You accomplish it by walking around the map doing everything you already do. It's also one of the few universal challenges between survivor and killer. I think those are a good thing because they give you more choices.

If you're literally not doing anything except running at crows for 5 minutes then yeah that's dumb, but there's no need to do that.

• KingFrostKingFrost Member Posts: 3,014

You disturb a LOT of crows being chased/while chasing.

• Awkward_FiendAwkward_Fiend Member Posts: 687

It more or less is about traversing the map, and certain killers, like deathslinger, can easily achieve those in one game. It's also one of the few challenges that both roles can complete, so I'm fine with it as long as it's not a master challenge.

• Rey_512Rey_512 Member Posts: 1,620

Guys, I already said it took me 2 games to complete. I’m NOT saying it’s hard... just pointless (because there is no benefit to disturbing crows as killer or survivor).

I’m asking why you guys think this was added as a “challenge”. Just seems like they added it for the sake of variety.

• JawsIsTheNextKillerJawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,139

I wish I'd taken a screenshot of the screen that told me about the ONE crow I managed to scare because I thoughtlessly picked Wraith for this challenge.

To this day that crow gets laughed at by his friends.

• IamDwightIamDwight Member Posts: 236

I'm actually satisfied with little challenges like this. It's not difficult to do, but is something "extra".

Although, I do wish that you could complete multiple challenges in a single match, like Fortnite let's you do.

• 53nation53nation Member Posts: 677

At least this can be done relatively quickly. I played at least 6 survivor matches last night and only ended up with 10/15 cleansed totems. My fault tho. Teammates were rough and i had to play hero nearly every game. All this for a whopping 15k bps? Im too easily distracted i supose.

I still like doing these challenges. Even though aiming for them seemingly gives the opposition a bit of an edge.

• LycidasLycidas Member Posts: 958

Honestly I prefer the challenges that ask you to change (just a little bit) your gamestyle

Having all challenges like "Repair a total of X generators" or "Hook X survivors" is not really interesting..challenges which require you to go a bit out of your usual path will be always welcome in my opinion

• GhosteGhoste Member Posts: 1,574

I honestly like the challenge. It doesn't require me to use a perk or play a certain way to get it. I can play how I want to and still get it done naturally. I get why you'd think it's boring though.

I would prefer specific challenges like use Deliverance and escape the trial... or mori someone with Devour Hope at 5 stacks. THOSE would be more interesting as far as changing your playstyle (if you don’t use those perks).

• WaffleyumboyWaffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

It's easy to finish so I would just accept the free bp and fragments and move on.

• MegaWaffleMegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

Spies from the Shadows would like to know your location.

Honestly it was probably just a "filler" idea tossed in or perhaps they figured people would start running Spies to shake things up? No idea.

• BeHasUBeHasU Member Posts: 830

Well, in the last days i saw a huge amount of people just running around on the side of the map, scaring crows.

• CardgreyCardgrey Member Posts: 1,420

The only reason is variety I mean you can only have so many pallet stuns and hook objectives.

• TheRockstarKnightTheRockstarKnight Member Posts: 2,105
    edited May 2020

I think the Disturb Crow Challenges are fun :'(

I also don't see how this could make anyone upset. You don't HAVE to complete challenges as fast as possible and if you want to this one in one go, it is as easy as playing Hillbilly on Blackwater Swamp.

It was probably added for variety/fun. So that the next couple games you chuck a Hatchet or take a swing at a crow you see as you patrol the map.

• SnakeSound222SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

It was for variety. It’s really annoying that some maps have like two crows on them though.

• Stitch7833Stitch7833 Member Posts: 632

Anyone still curious you can go to hawkings as well, there are crows in every single corridor and room, you can even have crows so close to gens you will constantly disturb them as you work on it. i personally hit 50 within one match without aiming to do so, hawkings also has 15-18 pallets as well if you need stuns or pallet breaks as killer

• joker7997joker7997 Member Posts: 899

It's just free blood points and rift shards. Why are you seemingly complaining about it? This community is something else.

• KharKhar Member Posts: 627

I thought it was fun. I used Deathslinger and shot the ######### out of the crows.

• OicimauOicimau Member Posts: 897

Maybe, variety. And not all challenge need to be a real challenge.

I agree...

But perk challenges would be more fun and engaging. For example, run For the People + Empathy and heal a survivor with the perk. There’s so much the devs could do (easily) to make the challenges more interesting.

• QuolQuol Member Posts: 694

They are easy filler challenges that both sides can complete and I don't mind it.

In Tome 3 we have 7 challenges tied to specific perks, while only 1 which asks you to scare 50 crows, so they are kinda doing what you said?

If it’s just for variety’s sake, so be it. Perk combo challenges would be my PERSONAL preference, but if people actually enjoy the crow challenge that’s completely fine too.

• HellDescentHellDescent Member Posts: 4,505

No they reserved those for level 3 and 4 where you gotta hide next to the killer for 60 seconds and hit 5 survivors during 1 frenzy

• DwightOPDwightOP Member Posts: 2,328

Last time I picked Hillbilly and zoomed around the entire map the whole match. Sucks for the survivors but that's not my fault if those useless and stupid challenges exist.

Oh ok so you were talking about strictly perk combination challenges

Those could be fun as well I believe, personally I treat the perk challenges as they were perk combo as you said, because if I have to vault 3 windows while using Dance with Me you can bet your ass I'll slap Lithe or Windows of Opportunity in the build

I'd be a bit upset tho if they end up making a combo challenge with a perk that I have and one that I don't have

Yeah, it’d be unfortunate for those cases... but many of the challenges are already tied to paid DLC (play as Legion, Jane, etc) so the devs obviously want you buying these characters and expect you to have the teachable perks.