Home Discussions General Discussions

Bright clothing vs dark clothing? Matters?

killdekillde Member Posts: 53

I personally try to avoid bright clothing as a survivor to blend in more with the environment.

How much of a change do you think it makes?

Comments

• MegMain98MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,600

People who run bright clothes are probably more confident in their ability to survive. They don’t care if you see them. Seeing a Neon Nea you know she’s probably not going to care if you chase her, she WANTS to be chased. That Blendette is going to crouch in a corner and not wanna be seen though.

Personally I like bright clothes on my characters. They’re the cutest.

• Dito175Dito175 Member Posts: 234
    edited May 2020

I wear bright clothing all the time and i'm not a "pro" but i don't think it makes much difference.

• OrionbashOrionbash Member Posts: 545

Id say it matters in the early to mid stages of your DbD career when you're just learning how to loop the killer. Im not afraid of the killer now and know its my time to loop when my spine chill lights up so I dont bother anymore. I just wear what i want.

• QuolQuol Member Posts: 685

They make a big difference. For example neon pink are a lot easier to see/chase in corn and it's impossible to hide in Yamaoka Estate bamboo when your bright yellow.

• Stitch7833Stitch7833 Member Posts: 632

Well PS claudette is a ghost, honestly stupid how dark the clothes become. personally i go for the clothes i like or just mix them up, for example i often run what i like to call golfer dwight. i will say the people that tend to pick darker clothes seem less confident in skill/looping ability. im no sure of your skill but thats what i notice on xbox atm, i suppose if you need to do more stealth do it, but relying on it will hurt you in the long term.

• HippieHippie Member Posts: 415

For me, it's more of liking the outfit itself rather than the coloration of the outfit, but I just happen to like brightly colored outfits more. I don't really care how stealthy I look, because I WANT to be good at looping and wasting the Killer's time -- so I don't mind getting into chases to improve my skill. And Killers sometimes enjoy mori-ing "stealthily clothed" Survivors (looking at you, P3 Claudette) so I do avoid darker colors for that reason as well.

I also kind of want to intimidate the Killer with my look as well so they'll be more likely to chase me, so I enjoy wearing the bright blue pigtails on Nea and the mask on Meg. I feel more confident in my gameplay when I'm wearing clothing that stands out.

• OwlzeyOwlzey Member Posts: 438

Personally I don't really care since I'm not super stealthy anyways. I just wear outfits I like.

• Aven_FallenAven_Fallen Member Posts: 7,247

Does not really make a difference since the game is bright as hell (with a few exceptions).

• MilordMilord Member Posts: 265

I feel like, except Blendette, it doesn't really matter. No one's gonna blend their way out with David or Jeff, so might as well wear whatever you want.

• PigMainClaudettePigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

Darker clothes certainly help against killers, but it depends on their screen type.

I recently went to a high-def LED LCD tv, and Claudette's jacket went from brown to red-brown. Easier to spot. Like, a LOT easier to spot.

Also, a good set of headphones is fantastic at finding people like Jane since I can hear her from half a map away without Stridor and I've picked up in killer sounds that people in the room haven't on the TV.

• IkalxIkalx Member Posts: 66

It makes a big difference imo. Also the size of the character you play.

This discussion has been closed.