Home Dead by Daylight Forums Share Your Work Media Lounge
We have been investigating cases of distributed denial of services (DDoS) over the last week. We take these reports extremely seriously. We're actively monitoring the situation internally and with our partners to gather as much information as possible and identify trends.

We are terribly sorry to those who have been affected by these attacks- we understand the impact this has on you. We are taking every appropriate measure to ensure the safety of our players.

We encourage our players to report to us any cases of DDoS, as well as any other form of inappropriate or abusive behaviour in the game. In the meantime, we encourage you to stay safe and follow best practices for online safety.

anyone see space coconut new video with xQc's new player experience?

13»

Comments

• thesuicidefoxthesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,227

False we don't even see their load outs for the first game. He leaves before that screen even comes up.

Also as @Dead_by_Gadfly pointed out, xqc isn't new to DBD either. He's been playing it for some time, he just sucks at it.

• Swiftblade131Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 1,959
    edited May 2020

All this banter.

It sucks to be a new player in DBD simple, survivor and killer alike. Hell, it kinda sucks to play in general most of the time.

It be like that.

• McLightningMcLightning Member Posts: 949

ACTUALLY, in certain situations, DS DOES make you invincible.

edited May 2020

Nintendo wanted the same thing for Smash Brothers. But Melee is a thing.

You can't make people play your game casually. If there is a competitive aspect, bet your ass that the most hardcore players will make it competitive. And developers are fools for ignoring these players because it's often the competitive players that bring the most money/attention to the game and keep it alive. Casual players couldn't give two shits, the moment the new COD or Madden drops they are on to the next one.

One specific situation actually. When the exit gate is open and they are crawling to it. But at this point you probably lost anyway as killer so whether or not they get away doesn't matter.

In 99% of situations though, DS does NOT make you invincible.

But let's not turn this into a DS conversation.

• immortalls96immortalls96 Member Posts: 4,652

Yeah that's just an issue the devs should fix as it's way too common

• OutcastEricOutcastEric Member Posts: 495

I honestly stopped taking space coconut seriously when he started giving terrible killer advice. He talks like his word is law yet is extremely boring and monotone and hag is extremely boring to watch nonstop in my opinion

• metalklokmetalklok Member Posts: 632
    edited May 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaLkgM7PItU at 18;36 you can see there perks and it looks like they are doing that cheat that lets you do multiple equips of the same perk and in the huntress game they do have all t3 perks. And to anyone saying that hes played this game before but he just sucks if you look his account is only lv 16 over a year of playing and its the same account in all the videos from the looks of it he just plays an hour or 2 every 3 months so its not like he would retain anything plus he tries out new character every match.

edit=Also are you really defending that in qxcs first game with huntress with t1 huntress perk vs 4 guys all running t3 Adrenalin,ds,borrowed time,self care that the survivors were new but just had all the meta perks unlocked and they just happen to all run meta perks

• The_Bootie_GorgonThe_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340

While i don't subscribe to his channel and don't agree with him 100% of time...just like a lot of streamers i watch...there are some good takeways.

I rotate through most of the killer roster...hag, huntress, and trapper are my least touched killers but I started throwing in hag because of sc.

• The_Bootie_GorgonThe_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340

How does BHVR retain incoming players?

• I hate that video, he goes on talking dramatically about the game, but ends up saying 'I don't know what the Devs can do about it'

He could have summed this up faster and I doubt him taking potshots at the developers even helps his argument.

• SunaIIanuSunaIIanu Member Posts: 540

We can't see Nea's Setup sadly, it's probably more meta.

But for the others survivors: Not all perks are on T3 and there are no teachables from other survivors. My first survivor had a similar loadout at 40, and it took me about a 1,5 months playing sporadically. So you can definitly have those loadouts and still be new.

I've heard that he played against actual Veterans in other matches and I don't doubt that considering how bad the matchmaking can be, but for this paticular match there is no indication that the survivors except Nea weren't new.

Not a cheat, just Kindred and Deja Vu looking similar.

• SonzaishinaiSonzaishinai Member Posts: 5,084

This is why i dislike SC video's.

A quick search of xqc on youtube shows him having video's of dbd from over a year ago so definitivly not a new player. I'm sure it's not intentional of SC but i constantly feel like i'm being manipulated while watching his vids

Nothing against the guy but the way he uses his viewers negative emotion to make them flock towards him gives me cult leader vibes and honestly creeps me out sometime.

On the subject at hand while dbd is not beginner friendly it's really not that bad gameplay wise

Yes dbd has a steep learning curve but the basics of it are not that hard to grasp and a game without a learning curve is jusþ boring

And while the tutorial in game is laughable in this day and age good ingame tutorial is a luxery. A quick search of dbd guides on youtube is all you need to get through the beginner steps of the game without much trouble

And yes matchmaking is horrible but the devs already adressed this and are working on it. Complaining about it now is just beating a dead horse

• Name_UnavailableName_Unavailable Member Posts: 407

This streamer aside DBD isnt friendly to new players, Maybe they should add 'new players league' when they have different rules, like less gens to fix more pallets faster bloodlust for killers

you can make them play with bots if theres lack of players in that league.

edited May 2020

There's not cheating, they have perks that look similar. Why would anyone stack an eyeball perk? If you are cheating you will see stacks of Leader or PT or something that would make you do actions faster.

Claud has the typical Claud loadout. Self Care, Empathy, and 2 free perks. Not all tier 3.

Feng has 2 Feng perks and 2 free perks. Also not all tier 3.

Bill has 3 perks, none tier 3.

They all look like newbies to me. Bill looks like he just did the tutorial and this was his second or third game ever.

Face it, this was a fair match. He got put against survivors he should have been put against. You've been duped by a video edited to make it seem like he got bullied by better players. Stop defending something that is clearly manipulative.

And if you are talking about the match after this one with Huntress... he had THREE DC's. Because he was WINNING against those players with meta perks. Plus they were all rank 16s. Again he didn't get bullied, he didn't lose, and the matchmaking worked as it should have (because how would it differentiate a rank 16 with a few perks to one with all meta perks?).

Sure if you guys say so i dont play survivor i only know what perks i see in red ranks. And you talk about the match with the 3 dcs he got because he was WINNING!!!1!!1, i just watched that match and it was not because he was winning that they dc'd they had i 2 gens left and the ash went afk someone unhooks the ash and xqc comes back and sees hes afk and kills him then it pops to 1 gen left and when xqc downs anyone else they just dc and he only got 3 hooks the entire game 2 on the ash. So i wouldn't say MATCHMAKING WORKED YOU BEEN MANIPULATIVE BY A OVER ARCHING NARRATIVE THAT SHOWS THE WEAKEST IN THE MACROBIOTICS OF OUR SOCIETY. if anything they were just trolling or got annoyed at the ash dc they had 1 gen left and only 1 had died an 1 hook on the other but they all dc after there first down with 1 gen left not even sluggin.

edited May 2020

Says they play at red ranks. Can't tell the difference between Dark Sense and Kindred. MUST BE HACKERS.

And as I said those players in the Huntress game were rank 16s. There is proof that xqc has been playing the game for some time. HE IS NOT NEW. Therefore these games are not representative of the matchmaking issues with the game. God forbid someone play against some that is just flat out better than them at a video game and lose. This is the same player that said the Doc was stream sniping him, as if he had any modicum of skill that would require such a thing. Reality is he's just not very good, and he gets beat by better players SOMETIMES yet still manages to 3k/4k most of his games.

in the first video a YEAR AGO he got to lv 12 then in his latest video last week hes lv 16 hes barely played anything if you read my comment i said that he seems to play this game for his stream for 1 to 2 hours every 3-4 months or so hes basically the same as a new player. And i already said i agree about the dark sense and kindred thing i said i don't play survivor and only know the perks i see in red ranks but its cool keep being butt hurt and dramatic im sure that will carry you to your next 7000 post lol.

• Hex_BoopTheSnootHex_BoopTheSnoot Member Posts: 151

FACTS. If personally knew QXC, I never would've recommended DBD to him. He literally just cannot handle it.