Home Dead by Daylight Forums PTB Feedback Archives 4.0.0 PTB Bug Reporting
We have been investigating cases of distributed denial of services (DDoS) over the last week. We take these reports extremely seriously. We're actively monitoring the situation internally and with our partners to gather as much information as possible and identify trends.

We are terribly sorry to those who have been affected by these attacks- we understand the impact this has on you. We are taking every appropriate measure to ensure the safety of our players.

We encourage our players to report to us any cases of DDoS, as well as any other form of inappropriate or abusive behaviour in the game. In the meantime, we encourage you to stay safe and follow best practices for online safety.

UI Bug or intended?

EnigmaEnigma Member Posts: 42
edited May 2020 in 4.0.0 PTB Bug Reporting

So im playing on a 1440p monitor and the UI seems to have scaled and is now the same size as it would be a on a normal 1080p monitor. I couldn't find anything regarding this is in the patch notes, so was it intended, because i honestly prefer the smaller UI,

2 votes

Not a bug · Last Updated

The UI was updated to support resolutions up to 4k. It should now scale to be the same size as it would be on a 1080p resolution.

Comments

• MatmorcatMatmorcat Member Posts: 18
    edited May 2020

It's related to the changes they made to the UI to make it manageable size for 4k displays. Unfortunately the new scaling looks really bad on 1440p displays above 27 inches. I have a large monitor and it takes up too much of the screen. I would appreciate a toggle for original and new UI scaling modes or something like small (4k-ish size), medium (2k / 1440p size), or large (1080p size) like most games have.

• lacirmosaangellacirmosaangel Member Posts: 17

They've given the ui an overhaul, I noticed too that it's crazy big and zoomed in on my 1440 monitor too.

• TatariuTatariu Member Posts: 1,357

Yes, they now support 1440p, and 2160p displays. This is intended.

• ZensunimZensunim Member Posts: 114

1440p is now the normal size, but 2160p is zoomed out like it used to be in 1440p. On the killer's side, it doesn't make much of a difference, but as a survivor, it means smaller skill checks.

• rsxownesrsxownes Member Posts: 11

It is way to big now for 1440p. They need to add a scale option for the UI size. There are many people complaining about this change. Just search the forum for UI.