Home Discussions General Discussions

Need to grind like hell for perks

killdekillde Member Posts: 53

i'm level 68, and I barely have good global perks. I have very few.

I just hate the amount of grinding, usually I fixate on one killer throughout many matches.

Anyone else like that? And I'm a purple killer, yellow survivor.

Comments

• DelsKibaraDelsKibara Member Posts: 2,042

Yep, everyone hates the grind, but it is what keeps us playing the game.

I've just finished levelling up my Pig to Prestige 3-50.

She's my fourth character I've Prestiged to Prestige 3 (not Maxed out). Want to know how many hours I have in the game?

• Dr_LoomisDr_Loomis Member Posts: 2,717

Sometimes I've got all the way to level 50 without Self Care or even Inner Strength.

I'm not saying they're essential in ever Survivor build, but it's nice to have one of the healing perks handy.

• NursesBootieNursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159
    edited May 2020

Got all perks on four characters rn. I'm just grindin man.

• OldHunterLightOldHunterLight Member Posts: 1,802

This might help a little, level up leatherface for bbq and level up David for we are gonna live forever, imagine how I feel, I just switched platform and have to redo everything lol

• cheetocultleadercheetocultleader Member Posts: 1,029

Yeesh, that's unlucky. I've had 1 survivor turn out that way, think it was Quentin.

At this point I've got 1 survivor left to level to 40+, and only 1 killer to 40. Trying to be as optimal as possible so I can get at least 1 survivor and 1 killer maxed out before I think of doing it to any others. That's taken me 324 hours.

It's like... I'm not mad about the grind, but there are ways BHVR could shorten it a bit. Removing tiers. Upping survivor gains some how. Making "We're Gonna Live Forever" a little more worth wild to take. So on and so forth. It's gonna be a good while before I have that Prestige 3 survivor with all the perks, and even longer for killer. The only reason I put killer off for so long was so I could have at least one half of the game completely unlocked.

You might want to start playing Killer more often because Survivor has more perks, meaning you have to grind much more to get every single perk in the game for a single Survivor.

I play survivor more because I got this game for my husband and I. So, it made more sense for me to focus on the side where we could actually play together. And besides, I'm getting close now to being able to prestige one!

• GhostwithafaceGhostwithaface Member Posts: 594

Funny you bring up we're gonna live forever. They are going to add a secondary effect to that soon. What sort of secondary effect? No idea. Yet it will get one soon.

Good luck with that! Getting a single character to maxed out Prestige/Perks is going to be quite the BP Dump. I would know, I did the math on it.

It will take several days, or even weeks to get one character to Prestige 3-50, not even maxing them out. Especially on the Survivor side since, again, they do have more perks and their BP gain is much lower to Killers.

• DrDeepwoundDrDeepwound Member Posts: 1,307

1500 hours and I am nowhere near complete most killers are p3 now working on survivors

Yup I was apart of that discussion at one point! It's still daunting, lol. I mean, I've spent since Feb getting this far though, so I'll just have to be patient and try not to focus on it. They really should do something about the grind however, because it's only going to get worse with each new chapter, and it already deters some potential players.

• ShocktoberShocktober Member Posts: 678

Considering 95% of the perks in the game are junk, and survivors are essentially skins, I don't know why people insist on having every perk on every character.

Stock david king / bill already come with almost the best survivor builds in the game.

You can have full meta builds with 2-3 characters to 40 on both sides.

True, prestiging one and having all the perks is more than enough. I want to be able to mix and match builds, play around with anything I want on a whim, and so forth. I've rarely run meta builds yet, because either the character I'm leveling doesn't have them (I try to use up the yellow-green offerings then move on to the next) or I like to experiment with what I got. Still managed to get to rank 3, for whatever that means. Fun just outweighs it for me though.

So I'm not sure if I'll ever prestige again after the intial survivor and then killer, but... What else is there to do with those points once you've unlocked everything? And nada wrong with feeling a sense of achievement from doing it, either.

• will_i_am_14_85will_i_am_14_85 Member Posts: 480

Call me stupid if this is common knowledge, but I only stumbled upon it the other day, but if you missed any of the previous Tomes, you can go back and complete the challenges for the bonus blood points, might help with the grind.

• IrisoraIrisora Member Posts: 553

it was worse in the past, there wasn't any daylies and the archives to give you more BP, also the bloodweebs was more expensive and you could only pick 1 perk per lvl. Im telling you this because DBD is not a game where you can get everything in 100 hours.. Its a game that can give you hundreds and thousands of hours, and even more if you prestige.

If you want to have fun take it slow and don't try to rush because it's a very long trail to get everything.

• Dead_by_GadflyDead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,774

Cross progression is coming, if waitings an option maybe you should

• ChriskoChrisko Member Posts: 219

Bhvr needs to rework the whole perk/item cost/bp situation. With the massive amount of survivors and killers in the game now, the grind has become daunting to newer players. There are a lot of good suggestions posted regarding how to fix it. I feel ya

• JHondoJHondo Member Posts: 562

Almost 400 hours and I've only p3-50 the doctor. I still have Deathslinger, Demogorgon, and Freddy to get to lvl 40 and Steve, Nancy, Quentin, Jeff, Zarina, and Ace left to get to lvl 40 all while getting every perk in Nea because imo after getting doc to p3-50 and doing one prestige on a couple other killers and Survivors prestige is pointless

• xChrisxxChrisx Member Posts: 917

My grind is over but i still play the game, dont worry about perks and points, just enjoy the game and have fun

• riotangelriotangel Member Posts: 176

The blood web design honestly makes it feel more grindy than even World of Warcraft. So many bonus rolls and still not getting the actual gear I want. 😄

• FibijeanFibijean Member Posts: 8,340
  • PredatedPredated Member Posts: 738

Depends, just focus on just having 1 survivor being loaded out with all the perks so you wont have to spend too many bloodpoints kitting out other survivors and only focus on the teachables you want first(if there are multiple teachables on 1 character, go for that one first, even though Dead Hard from David might be a very good single perk, but having Inner Strength and Fixated from Nancy has more reliability). I got 1 survivor kitted out to p3(prestiged it in the beta days, when the only skins you could get were prestige skins) and have all the perks available on that character. I have someone like Kate at level 41 with terrible perks, so I never play her, yet, because its not worth dumping BP into her untill I unlocked all the perks. The only reason I'd say to avoid kitting out every single survivor is that one day, you'll have all the perks on every character and then that prestige option gets very tempting. So try to avoid maxing out characters unless you are 100% certain you never want to prestige.

So in short, you would want 1 survivor kitted out completely, and the rest just level 40 to unlock all teachables.

Then all the remainder of your BP should go into killers you think you will enjoy playing and leveling the rest to 40. Since Killer is a more diverse role by default, that means you're gonna have at least 2 people you want fully kitted out. So focus the majority of your BP into leveling killers.

Then, make sure to check out the shrine of secrets weekly, its fairly easy to get 6000 iridescent shards per week, so that means at least 3 perks you wont need to level a character for(saving BP) and if they are all perks you already own, you can convert shards into BP, which is a smart thing to do, unless you want to use the shards to unlock characters and skins.

It's not that much. If you use the Entity in your favour, you can level up a character from level 1 to level 50 with 1.7 million bloodpoints easily(I've leveled up Claudette from 1 to 50 with about 1.2 million BP because I dont care about what she does and doesnt own, I only care for the prestige). Which, using BBQ on killers, is about 27 games. Ofcourse this will include ignoring purple perks as much as possible, which is fine if you just want to unlock the teachables. Then you can also focus on prestiging the character first fully(which is what I did with my prestiged survivors), only going for the cheapest possible way of leveling up. So if you only care about prestiging, that's about 3500 killer games total(including the Silent Hill DLC) using only BBQ. Including Survivor Pudding/BPS that drops it to 2250 killer games(assuming you have one of them at least every 4 games). Having some random BPS from survivors every 10 games(averaging 0.2 bps per game) drops it to 2000 killer games. But for every 580 games you play, you earn about 26000 iridescent shards, which can be turned into 2 million bloodpoints, reducing the amount of games needed even more. Meaning you, in total, need to play about 1250 killer games to get every single character p3.

Then comes the grind of actually getting all the perks, which is probably gonna cost you about 4-5 million bps per killer, which is roughly double the amount you already invested. Which still is "only" 2500 killer games. Considering the average game lasts about 7 minutes(its actually 8-ish, but its easier for the maths) and the average queue time for killers is about 3 minutes(at least, in my experience), that allows for 6 games per hour, which means that in 420 hours, you should be able to have all characters maxed out, not accounting for time being AFK.

Now, the issue is ofcourse that offerings cost BP to get and you need to refresh your blood page to get new offerings and addons. So that is going to crank up the time a bit. But all things considered, if played smartly, it isnt thát much of a grind. Like I said, the biggest problem is actually ignoring a perk if there are cheaper options available. Getting 2 perks for 6000 bp each would be a dumb move if you have 2 brown offerings/addons worth 3000 bps each and you're focussing on prestiging. Doing that for 10 levels in a row would already save you 60k bloodpoints alone. Let alone that you'd essentially have to ignore all pink and purple icons as much as possible. Spending 6-7k when you could be spending 3-4k is just a dumb move. You're getting your first pink icons around level 15, and if we assume 1 pink icon per bloodweb, that's 105k bloodpoints saved at the very least. If you can somehow avoid all green icons too, the total amount of bloodpoints you can theoretically shave off that 1.7 million total is about 500k, especially if you constantly use the entity to block out as much as possible whenever you can allow it.

• MadArtilleryMadArtillery Member Posts: 826

Ya the grind is an absolute nightmare. Trust me, even when you pass lvl 100 you won't feel any better about your perk availability. Probably still be frustrated at double that. It's cancer.

• OldHunterLightOldHunterLight Member Posts: 1,802

Crossplay is coming, cross progression not yet, that is what the devs said meaning they have to talk with sony, nintendo etc in order to add crossprogression