Home Discussions General Discussions
The 4.3.1 Bugfix Patch drops today. For release times and patch notes, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/201738

Hex Perk Adjustment

Over the past several months, Hex perks have been nerfed repeatedly, either directly, like Ruin, or indirectly, like with the Detective's Hunch buff and the introduction of Soul Guard. There is also the issue that BHVR promised to improve totem spawn locations, and have only changed a small portion of them, while some of the most ridiculous spots remain unchanged. Hex perks are largely no longer worth using.

To compensate for these repeated nerfs, we could ask for buffs for specific Hex totems, but that process is messy, so I suggest a simpler approach. When a Survivor cleanses a Hex totem, they are cursed with that Hex totem's effects for the rest of the trial. There will need to be exceptions, for example Haunted Ground and Retribution would not work like this. Perks that generate tokens will have those tokens applied to the cleanser, but no additional tokens will be awarded afterwards. If you cleanse Devour Hope at 3 tokens, you are Exposed, but the killer cannot get more tokens to use the perk to mori you.

This will create an interesting dilemma and change the dynamics of the trial as totems are cleansed, forcing survivors to change up their playstyle and think on the fly, depending on what hex they cleansed and their personal strengths. For example, if Devour Hope has 3 tokens, you cleanse the totem to protect your team, but in exchange you are now burdened with the effects. This would cause most survivors in this example to play safer and less aggressive. Another example would be Hex: 3rd Seal. Players who are aggressive on unhooking may find it necessary to instead focus on generators.

Comments

• emptyCupsemptyCups Member Posts: 1,256

I'm not even asking for that much... just a Bp bonus that works even if its destroyed

Like BBQ or something. Otherwise I'm just not going to use hexs on killers... they don't last.

And its sad that its like 1/6 of the perks and they are so freaking useless

• LALYTHIALALYTHIA Member Posts: 1,657

"To compensate for these repeated nerfs" ...the only 'nerf' you listed was Ruin.

Hex perks are still used with frequent regularity, so your argument that they are "no longer worth using" seems incorrect.

In addition, totem placement was changed quite a bit. While over time it becomes somewhat predictable, it has gotten a lot better.

I think this is an interesting concept, but I don't think Killers currently need this level of buff. Hex totems are higher risk, higher reward for a reason.

• chase131119chase131119 Member Posts: 842

Horrible idea.

• ReinamiReinami Member Posts: 850
    edited May 31

Best way to fix hex perks is to make them not "one and done" Hexes should be at full power with 5 dull totems up, and everytime a survivor cleanses one, it weakens all of the hex perks you have equipped by 1/5th (obviously haunted/retribution/noed need slight changes)

This solves 2 problems.

Problem 1: Hex perks get cleansed instantly and become completely useless

Problem 2: Hex perks don't get cleansed the entire game and become too oppressive.

This softens the RNG element of Hex perks for both sides and evens them out a bit more, it won't feel as bad if you can't find that last totem as a survivor because the perk is only 1/5 it's power, and the killer won't get their perk immediately removed from the game due to RNG.

• immortalls96immortalls96 Member Posts: 4,166

You really suggested overcharge? Lol jokes aside they arnt much reward most of them but a ton of risk..

• RydogRydog Member Posts: 2,644

Ruin needed the rework, and I believe the game is better off for it.

Hex perks are meant to carry an element of risk. Anecdotally, I've found that Retribution and Haunted Ground can be BIG pains for survivors, especially in an all-Hex build. And Devour Hope is like, a top 5 most hated perk for me these days.

• oh_0koh_0k Member Posts: 587

The problem is a majority of Hexes don't give a good enough effect to warrant the risks

• oh_0koh_0k Member Posts: 587

Well if you actual read what I said you would see I said "a majority" not all