Why did we get Quentin and not Nancy Thompson?

LukeThe13thLukeThe13th Member Posts: 13

Does anyone know why we got Quentin from the remake instead of Nancy Thompson? I don't know how Quentin represents the a elm street franchise.

Best Answer

Answers

  • GicheGiche Member Posts: 753

    Remake's Nancy neither.

  • MisterCremasterMisterCremaster Member Posts: 243

    Simple answer is likely the cost to license the character, and all parties to agree. Its an old franchise, so its likely harder to even track down everyone who would need buy-in on using Nancy.

  • AlexAnarchyAlexAnarchy Member Posts: 424
    edited August 2018

    The devs themselves were asked this the stream after, and they pretty much said they found Quentin to be the more unique and interesting character from the remake movie, plus let's be fair..if it had'nt been for Quentin, Nancy would have been freddies plaything forever...

  • LukeThe13thLukeThe13th Member Posts: 13

    @AlexAnarchy said:
    The devs themselves were asked this the stream after, and they pretty much said they found Quentin to be the more unique and interesting character from the remake movie, plus let's be fair..if it had'nt been for Quentin, Nancy would have been freddies plaything forever...

    stop moaning

  • Toxicity23Toxicity23 Member Posts: 97

    My question exactly. Why QUENTIN?! Why NOT NANCY?!? WHY THE [BAD WORD] IS IT THE REMAKE?!??!? WHY NOT THE F#CKING ORIGINAL????

  • NekoGamerXNekoGamerX Member Posts: 204

    well it should of been from the ORIGINAL not the remake anyway not like they use the remake for halloween Michael Myers and Laurie Strode and we all must agree Nancy Thompson from the Original elm street was a bad ass.

  • thesuicidefoxthesuicidefox Member Posts: 2,160

    Because Quentin is precious .

  • PigNRunPigNRun Member Posts: 826

    Quentin is best.

  • Aari_Piggy66Aari_Piggy66 Member Posts: 704
    edited January 11
    I'm not going lie if we talking about the remake Nancy really didn't do crap.

    Kris did most of the work until she died and then it was pretty much Quentin doing most of the work
  • NekoGamerXNekoGamerX Member Posts: 204

    @Aari_Piggy66 said:
    I'm not going lie if we talking about the remake Nancy really didn't do crap.

    Kris did most of the work until she died and then it was pretty much Quentin doing most of the work

    true I didn't care for the remake to much.

  • katergameskatergames Member Posts: 42

    i kinda wish they had done original franchise Freddy (Robert Englund) because the remake is trash. costs too much to license them though. I also would've preferred Nancy from the original, but mostly Freddy is the one I'm disappointed about.

  • PigNRunPigNRun Member Posts: 826

    Honestly, honestly, there is no difference between Freddys. Its the same guy with charred skin and striped shirt.

  • ArrozArroz Member Posts: 210

    Quentin is A W E S O M E

  • DelfadorDelfador Member Posts: 1,133

    Look at Quentin's face, would you want that to happen Nancy?

    Glad she didn't get obliterated.

    I wonder why every single DLC survivor looks absolutely terrible. I understand the license thing for real people, but they could create better faces.

  • NekoGamerXNekoGamerX Member Posts: 204

    @Delfador said:
    Look at Quentin's face, would you want that to happen Nancy?

    Glad she didn't get obliterated.

    I wonder why every single DLC survivor looks absolutely terrible. I understand the license thing for real people, but they could create better faces.

    i give you Quentin's face lol but Laurie Strode don't look that bad.

  • ArrozArroz Member Posts: 210

    @Delfador said:
    Look at Quentin's face, would you want that to happen Nancy?

    Glad she didn't get obliterated.

    I wonder why every single DLC survivor looks absolutely terrible. I understand the license thing for real people, but they could create better faces.

    *Quentin clothing.
    And yeah Kyle Gallner didn't give the perm to use he's face..

  • ArrozArroz Member Posts: 210

    @NekoGamerX said:

    @Delfador said:
    Look at Quentin's face, would you want that to happen Nancy?

    Glad she didn't get obliterated.

    I wonder why every single DLC survivor looks absolutely terrible. I understand the license thing for real people, but they could create better faces.

    i give you Quentin's face lol but Laurie Strode don't look that bad.

    Just look a laurie's hair...

  • NekoGamerXNekoGamerX Member Posts: 204

    @Arroz said:

    @NekoGamerX said:

    @Delfador said:
    Look at Quentin's face, would you want that to happen Nancy?

    Glad she didn't get obliterated.

    I wonder why every single DLC survivor looks absolutely terrible. I understand the license thing for real people, but they could create better faces.

    i give you Quentin's face lol but Laurie Strode don't look that bad.

    Just look a laurie's hair...

    well she got two and I always used the light ver which I find ok but maybe that just me.

  • ArrozArroz Member Posts: 210

    @NekoGamerX said:

    @Arroz said:

    @NekoGamerX said:

    @Delfador said:
    Look at Quentin's face, would you want that to happen Nancy?

    Glad she didn't get obliterated.

    I wonder why every single DLC survivor looks absolutely terrible. I understand the license thing for real people, but they could create better faces.

    i give you Quentin's face lol but Laurie Strode don't look that bad.

    Just look a laurie's hair...

    well she got two and I always used the light ver which I find ok but maybe that just me.

    I find quentin ok, just the face..

  • NekoGamerXNekoGamerX Member Posts: 204

    @Arroz said:

    @NekoGamerX said:

    @Arroz said:

    @NekoGamerX said:

    @Delfador said:
    Look at Quentin's face, would you want that to happen Nancy?

    Glad she didn't get obliterated.

    I wonder why every single DLC survivor looks absolutely terrible. I understand the license thing for real people, but they could create better faces.

    i give you Quentin's face lol but Laurie Strode don't look that bad.

    Just look a laurie's hair...

    well she got two and I always used the light ver which I find ok but maybe that just me.

    I find quentin ok, just the face..

    well he meant to look sleepy I guess, most likely would of happen to OG Nancy too

    ps it funny how bad ass that Nancy was even her actor came back in new nightmare which I also like her in.

  • OnionthingOnionthing Member Posts: 208

    Because this Freddy is from the remake, Nancy in the new Universe isn't at "Dream Warrior" status. She never will be due to poor handling of writing (no one wants to see a franchise based on a pedo.)

    Nightmare on Elmstreet would need to be rebooted AGAIN and left ambiguous over the motivation his (Freddy's) child-killing like the old series, and thus Nancy's power/usefullness could scale accordingly... Nancy was borderline useless in the new universe because shes supposed to be the lil vic in the tower. Boring. Quentin had the smarts and the skills to survive, Nancy was just meat.

Sign In or Register to comment.