Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions
We've been made aware of error messages when attempting to purchase the Rift pass. The team is currently investigating, and we'll post an update as soon as we have more information.

UPDATE: This issue should no longer occur. Players who were affected may still be missing currency and/or unable to spend Auric Cells. We are working on a solution to resolve this and restore missing currency, and will update you as soon as possible.

Why are we getting just trash perks in shrine for a while now?

DzeikorDzeikor Member Posts: 704

Is it really random or really rigged?There hasn't been a perk worth getting from there in months.

Comments

• tippy2k2tippy2k2 Member Posts: 2,224

According to BHVR, it is completely random (Peanits has specified they controlled it exactly two times; an April Fools and once because of a bug screwing something up).

• AkhatenAkhaten Member Posts: 122

@tippy2k2 i think they are also editing the shrine when they release tome challenges which require specific perks.

• YaiPaYaiPa Member Posts: 1,929
    edited June 2020

no way it's really random. Not only the tome perks in it demonstrate it (if they did it once, what tell us they did it only once?), but the meta best selling perks rarely are in it, the new DLCs perks come out on the shrine only after a long time (which, statistically it could happen sometimes that a new perk pops out on the shrine 2 weeks after was introduced, right?).

Have they ever actually said they do that?

It would be a weird and unlikely coincidence that Shrine happens to spit out for that challenge but Tomes are also active for over a month so it's not like it's 0% chance that the perk shows up.

I just find it would be such a weird thing for them to lie about. Especially since they could just not say anything like they do with so many topics. People are going to throw out the "it's rigged" argument regardless of what BHVR says so why bother answering with a lie when you could just say nothing?

• DzeikorDzeikor Member Posts: 704

I agree,its not random,they should at least stop lying about it.

My text above was replying to @Akhaten, either mine broke or the forum broke so quoting isn't working

• DzeikorDzeikor Member Posts: 704

yeah its not working,I just quoted you and it gives me an error lmfao

• LycidasLycidas Member Posts: 638

This has been confirmed by the Dev team, the reason why you only see "trash" perks in the shrine strongly depends on what you consider "trash".

This week shrine has been Predator, Technician, Dead Hard and Coulrophobia, and idk about you but I think that saying that Dead Hard and Coulrophobia are trash means you never used them (I get it, Dead Hard is not performing well due to Dedicated Servers, but it's still a pretty meta perk)

• C3ToothC3Tooth Member Posts: 3,887

Im sure that they're random, but some has better chance than other. Something like there are 80 Survivor perk, if split equally and minus 4 perks that locked for being already on the shrine. Each perk will have 1.32% to spawn on shrine. But Im sure some perk have 2% while other dropped to 0.5%.

• MadArtilleryMadArtillery Member Posts: 826

Honestly it's been a very good few weeks for shrine. The first month and a half I started it was litterally just territorial imperative level trash. Atleast the perks the past three weeks have like, interesting uses as opposed to litterally none.

• Mister_xDMister_xD Member Posts: 6,985

@tippy2k2 not entirely random, they did state that they will guarantee the perks required for the tomes to be there at least once while the tome is active.

@Mister_xD Yeah, I see that with that screenshot above.

I wonder if Peanits just mis-spoke when he stated that they only set it twice like that. Or maybe he assumed we knew that Tome Challenges do show up so he didn't bother mentioning it when he talked about the randomness.

All well! :D

• DBD78DBD78 Member Posts: 2,544

Just level up all survivors and killers. Will take forever to wait for perks in shrine. You can get all characters to level 40 in a couple of weeks if you play a lot.

• PeanitsPeanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 6,559

It is random. There's a few rules to it, but they're mostly to ensure a more even distribution. There's a list of rules for the shrine here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/kb/articles/163-the-shrine-of-secrets#which-perks-can-appear-in-the-shrine

The simple answer is because there's a lot of perks, and what you consider a good perk might be very selective.

• RydogRydog Member Posts: 3,203

You'd think this would be curated in some fashion by now.

• JacksonWiseJacksonWise Member Posts: 570

IIRC, don't you all manipulate the shrine during the mid-chapter releases of new archives? That way players have a chance to get perks relevant to the tome challenges?