Home Crafting Contest
We're currently investigating an issue impacting rank resets on all platforms. Thank you for your patience and stay tuned for more info!

Killer's Basement Hook (Metal)

• For this contest I decided to recreate the Killer basement hook. I chose this prop as it is in every match, and thought it would be a fun challenge to make with metal. This medium is fitting as the basement hook in game can never be broken, so a strong medium like metal seemed fitting and durable for the project. This piece took many days spent in my garage, from measuring, cutting, welding, grinding, filling, and decorating to make the hook as proportioned to the in game hook, while bringing it down to scale that it could be kept on a desk as a good memory of this anniversary contest.
  • All of the material came from custom scrap metal that I've fabricated, and a few filled down nails for the sharp hooks. The picture taken from my phone does not do the sculpture justice, as the depth and dimensions aren't captured as well as I'd like them to be. So I've included a edited smokey image to portray the scary basement scene and also include a clearer picture simply to appreciate some of the detail of this piece.

My Instagram: @fbxart

Please let me know what you think of it! :) Best of luck to all other participants, and let's keep the DBD community strong! 😀

Comments