Home Discussions General Discussions

I Decided to Continue Watching the Dev Streams So You Don't Have To

Comments

• supersonic853supersonic853 Member Posts: 2,462

Thank you always helping out you inspired others to do it in your absence! Your a great inspiration and just wanna help the community. Hope to see you back as trusted soon!

• ProfoundEndingProfoundEnding Member Posts: 1,737

I wish they would have answered why you can't mix and match Cheryl's other outfits. Because those aren't Legendary, they're Rare and Very Rare.

• The_Bootie_GorgonThe_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,181

Thanks for doing this Fibi!

I'm usually working when the dev streams happen. It's very helpful to have a summary with the level of details you put in, on the forums 🤟

• Cornpopers_EvanCornpopers_Evan Member Posts: 1,946

I'm so happy you decided to stick with the forums Fibi! I'll always appreciate what you do for us, as I'm sure many others do as well.

I'm thrilled to hear that a LOT of animations are being looked into and changed because I definitely think some need it. I know it might sound sadistic but I'm also happy to see that they are, at least, looking at adding more gore because some mori's could be so much more impactful with it but that's just me.

• BigBrainMegMainBigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826

I didn't see it at first. Until @Respectfulnancymain posted a comment and it made it to the front page.

Before that, I did not see it.

• MrPenguinMrPenguin Member Posts: 789

Thanks for the hard work you put into this, really appreciate it!

"Why does Trail of Torment reveal the generator’s aura? (from @Orion)

If this aura weren’t present, the survivors wouldn’t know that anything was happening."

Isn't that the point of a stealth perk? Ok then, guess that's going in the bucket.

• USELESSUSELESS Member Posts: 1,151

Still dont answered why you got jailed since you are very useful and i didnt saw any comment of yours that could be considered as a bannable thing

• SewerSwansSewerSwans Member Posts: 147

It's similar to how when you use Insidious, a flashing neon sign unfolds out your head and zooms around in the sky.

Wait...

• FibijeanFibijean Member Posts: 8,337

Sticking with the forums for posting stream summaries, at least. You might not really see me elsewhere on here anymore.

Obviously I'm not allowed to explain it to you here, but thank you, I appreciate the sentiment 🙂

• USELESSUSELESS Member Posts: 1,151

Feels really good with this, especially when in comparison of what i fell with BHVR...

• ElkElk Member Posts: 2,260

Thank you for doing these! I haven't been on the forums for a while now so i didn't say thanks when you made this.

• Cornpopers_EvanCornpopers_Evan Member Posts: 1,946

As long as I get to see you around in someway shape or form, that's cool by me! ^_^

• VolfawottVolfawott Member Posts: 3,720
    edited June 2020

I think the trail of torment answer was a little bit ridiculous.

None of the perks that give undetectable give an indication of it.

Dark devotion doesn't ping everyone in the general area to let them know it's active.

Tinkerer doesn't make the gen vibrate

Beast of prey doesn't like The Killers aura

Insert insidious Bubba joke here

I don't get why trials of torment has to be the only undetectable perk that gives away it's location.

The survivors have never needed an indicator before so I don't know why they need an indicator now.

As for their explanation about mixing matching that doesn't really explain why you can't mix and match Cheryl's green cosmetics these are not legendary cosmetics so I don't see why they have to go as a set however the reason is most likely Konami said so I'm not going to fight that too much.

Overall I really do hope they go back and redesigned some of the old models. Every character from Kate onwards as well as the cosmetic store has proven that they have gotten better with with their model design I just wish they went back and share the same love with some of the older cosmetics and models.

Touching up all the things to bring them in line with the newer models and cosmetic designs for example Min's default hair so it doesn't look like a coconut got stuck on her head or Meg's braids so they're not so stiff and weird looking.

Post edited by Volfawott on
  • GraveHunterGraveHunter Member Posts: 246

Tbh, most of the dev streams are boring. They used to be something I looked forward to every time, last year I just want to other stuff with my time then watch dev streams.

• RivynRivyn Member Posts: 2,276
    edited June 2020

Thanks for posting this, but man, does it make me salty.

The answers for Trail of Torment and the Clown. . . how how out of touch are these devs?

• SquirrelKnightSquirrelKnight Member Posts: 926

Waot that pig addon for blindness includes jigsaw boxes? The addon says it doesnt include boxes

• RaccoonRaccoon Member Posts: 3,777

The Clown answer was very depressing and, without sugar coating it, very ignorant of his current state given that it was coming from a developer.

• PoweasPoweas Member Posts: 5,873

Love you, @Fibijean! Ty for this!

• oh_0koh_0k Member Posts: 648

"If this aura weren’t present, the survivors wouldn’t know that anything was happening. They want to give survivors an indicator that the perk is active. The aura reveal can also be used to the killer’s advantage, as survivors may become needlessly cautious, or put themselves in positions they otherwise wouldn’t and be caught off guard while focusing on the generator."

This is so stupid why give this one perk an indicator but dark devotion, insidious, and stealth killers don't? And the whole part where they say the gen aura can help the killer is ridiculous as well

• RydogRydog Member Posts: 3,083

Welcome back!

• lazerlightlazerlight Member Posts: 356

They shouldn't hold a Q&A if they're not gonna answer questions.

If they can't answer some questions, put them on a "cant-answer" list in the description of the stream or somewhere in the forums, before starting the stream.

This Q&A was such a waste of time. They need to hire a new balance lead. Sick of the developers dismissing the experiences of actual people who put thousands of hours in their game and are very good at playing both sides. That guy really had the gall to say Clown is underrated, lmao Clown is so bad. That's what 90% of the player base has been saying for years and he says that we just "don't know how to use him properly." If someone doesn't "learn how to use them properly" after playing them for 500 hours...... I think the player isn't the problem...

I didn't see the Q&A section in the forums, but I am 100% they purposefully ignored some very relevant and important questions just to spite us.

Girls.... learn how to listen to your players and take notes on their ideas and suggestions. Cuz if you don't, you'll lose the few players you've got left.

• Kind_LemonKind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,496

Thank you for doing this. I don't think I would have been able to watch the stream without my brain breaking from the amount of incredulity I would have over the stupidity of some of the answers. It's nice that you took that all out in your post; it allows me to have some confidence in the future of the game's balance for a small while.

If someone doesn't "learn how to use them properly" after playing them for 500 hours...... I think the player isn't the problem...

That's literally exactly what Ethan was saying on the stream - that the main problem with Clown is that his full potential isn't obvious enough. He also said they're open to making more changes to the Clown in the future. And 90% of the community might think he's terrible, but if you ask an actual seasoned Clown main like @DudeDelicious, he'll tell you that what was said on stream about him being underrated was completely true.

• FGC_HELPFGC_HELP Member Posts: 108

This is amazing!

Watching things makes me bored so being able to pick and choose what I see and learn about makes me happy so thank you.

That's why I do it! I'm very glad it's helpful for you 😊

• Boosted_DwightBoosted_Dwight Member, Trusted Posts: 2,930

Thank you Fibi! I'm glad too see you're still helping the community a lot!

• DWolfAlphaDWolfAlpha Member Posts: 836

I'm probably late to the game, but it seems they finally pinned your post. Was worried they weren't paying attention to you anymore.

• GoodBoyKaruGoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 5,814

Remember he said he was underrated, not fine and needs no further changes.

Quote from @DudeDelicious, the forum's BigBrainClownMain(tm), is that Clown is in a weird spot where the devs can "very easily make him overpowered," and once you learn him properly "his only weakness is stealth". No offence but even though I think clown is weak I'm gonna trust a PS4 player who can consistently kill people easily without gen slowdown perks (his own claims & he has a youtube channel to prove it) than you. Thanks.