Home Dead by Daylight Forums PTB Feedback Archives 2.6.0 PTB

First impressions

George_SorosGeorge_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

Seeing the great number of critical feedbacks I gotta say first: nice job with the new killer, survivor and map. Obviously it cannot be expected to be perfectly balanced and bugless at this point, but I have the feeling that the average age of players is around 20 or so. Much of the criticism, demands and complaints come from the fact that youngsters don't realize the amount of work that's needed to create a new chapter. Some of us do, so: nice work, devs.
Now, for the details
The Spirit: generally I think her power is amazing, one of the best things about the new chapter. Not because it's extremely strong (it shouldn't be), but it reinforces the mindgame/stealth side of the game while giving an edge against looping. It definitely needs good instincts, practice and a bit of luck, but it's definitely a long step to the right direction. I have to say I'm not completely satisfied with her animation (I know the wonky movement is supposed to be, well, ghost-like, but I still find it clumsy looking).
Her perks are just awesome too. It's clear the devs heard our prayers and provided some protection for hexes - and the new hex is just perfect. Not imbalanced: survs can just immerse and wait out the exposed status timer, but it puts gen progression on hold, which is great for us killers. The other two perks I okay too: again, I appreciate the additional edge against looping.

As for the new survivor: well, his perks are sort of weak. Self unhooking, while dramatic, rarely effective (well, maybe if you're hooked when the gates are opened), and I really don't get the healing perk, but I'd have to experiment more with it so I hold back my sentence on it. The distraction perk is interesting though, not sure how far it can go against a smart killer, but we'll see. Anyway, I just LOVE the fact that you can now throw a pebble at the killer if you're just messing around :)
The character himself though... backstory utterly boring, and I can't wait to be able to get some darker clothes for him. Sorry. And hey, why a black guy? We got Asians, White and Black Americans - some slow minded East European or Russian redneck (or maybe an oafish Swede) would be great. No biggie though.

Haven't played enough on the new map yet, so no comment on that yet. But on more thing has to be mentioned: the new scoring method for safe hook saves is a great and much needed change. I still expect some silly hook rushes from some overly eager farmers, but hopefully most survivors will learn to be smarter than that.

All in all, my respect and admiration goes to the devs. And I haven't even tried the new Wraith yet - I'm quite excited about him.

Comments

• Mc_HartyMc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293

The healing perk isn't that bad actually. The only downside is no great skill check.

I can see myself running it on high ranks.

I love the new killer. She's really interesting to play. When mastered she could become devastating, though I don't see that anytime soon due to how difficult she is.

• yeetyeet Member Posts: 1,814

lol her power is awful dude

• No_Cluie_LouisNo_Cluie_Louis Member Posts: 1,088

my thoughts on what you've said: finally someone who respects the fact that though her ability is weak, its actual concept is amazing and just what dbd needs. Her perks are very well balanced though i have a few problems with the location seeing side of rancor. I disagree that her wonky walking looks bad, i think it suits the character perfectly. I do think her ability needs to be stronger, but its basic idea should NOT be changed. AS for the survivor, though i don't like his look and at first i didn't like his perks, i've now realised there power. His healing perk (the one i thought to be the worst) is actually the best. It's hard to understand but after doing 5 skill checks for healing, a healing skill check will instantly heal a survivor. I do think deliverance is very situational and i have no idea why so many idiots are crying op lol, i agree with you there. And the diversion perk would work but for some reason the noise notification is similar to that of a crows (up in the sky) so any decent killer can tell it's a diversion. Overall though i agree with you, everyone is over reacting because the killer is a little weak which can be easily fixed. All in all, this chapter is one of the best yet.

@yeet said:

Only if you don't know how to play with it.

imo she's up there with Clown. Maybe better.

• No_Cluie_LouisNo_Cluie_Louis Member Posts: 1,088

@Mc_Harty said:

@yeet said:

I'l say that her power is an amazing idea and is very difficult to play like nurse, if anything more difficult than her, and many people crying under powered just haven't got good with her ability yet. However, her ability still is a bit too weak, and all i think needs changing is her abilities recharge speed.

• George_SorosGeorge_Soros Member Posts: 2,270
    edited August 2018

@Mc_Harty said:

@yeet said:

Somewhere there. The Clown is sexier though.

edited August 2018

@No_Cluie_Louis said:
    I'l say that her power is an amazing idea and is very difficult to play like nurse, if anything more difficult than her, and many people crying under powered just haven't got good with her ability yet. However, her ability still is a bit too weak, and all i think needs changing is her abilities recharge speed.

Oh I'm not saying she doesn't need buff.

I'm saying maybe we should master her abilities and figure out which perk combos synergies well for her before making any crazy ideas.

@George_Soros said:
    Somewhere there. The Clown is sexier though.

It's the make up isn't it?

@Mc_Harty said:

@yeet said:

delusional

@yeet said:
    delusional

Nah just good.

@Mc_Harty said:

@yeet said:
    delusional

Nah just good.

freddy is top tier guys trust me you just need to be good with him
    once survivors figure her out, its not going to be hard to ######### all over her, she's unbelievably terrible

@yeet said:

@Mc_Harty said:

@yeet said:
    delusional

Nah just good.

once survivors figure her out, its not going to be hard to ######### all over her, she's unbelievably terrible

Yeah you have said that in about a dozen posts by now. How about you don't play her then, and leave it at that?

@George_Soros said:

@yeet said:

@Mc_Harty said:

@yeet said:
    delusional

Nah just good.

Yeah you have said that in about a dozen posts by now. How about you don't play her then, and leave it at that?

gladly, just disappointing the devs continue to push out garbage killers not worth #########

@yeet said:

@George_Soros said:

@yeet said:

@Mc_Harty said:

@yeet said:
    delusional

Nah just good.

gladly, just disappointing the devs continue to push out garbage killers not worth #########

I see you're all for constructive criticism and good manners. Well done.

@yeet said:

Once you figure out how to play her she might not be as terrible as you think.

Besides her counters are ether walk away or run over your tracks. It'll be easy playing with her with that in mind.

@Mc_Harty said:

@yeet said:

Once you figure out how to play her she might not be as terrible as you think.

Besides her counters are ether walk away or run over your tracks. It'll be easy playing with her with that in mind.

that's not her only problem
    the incredibly long cooldown on her power and the fact that she's only 110% means she's incredibly weak

edited August 2018

@yeet said:
    the incredibly long cooldown on her power and the fact that she's only 110% means she's incredibly weak

Never had any issues with those.

Seems more like a you problem honestly.

@Mc_Harty said:

@yeet said:

Never had any issues with those.

Seems more like a you problem honestly.

lets give it a week and you'll see how absolutely abysmal she is, worst killer in the game by a large margin.