Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions
Reminder for Forum Users, please do not share codes here. This is something that is expressly against the rules of this forum.

Why can licensed characters pick up crowns?

Rey_512Rey_512 Member Posts: 1,620

I don’t understand why the devs would allow licensed characters to be able to interact with the crown pillars if they are not able to unlock the crown cosmetic. I’ve seen a Detective Tapp and Michael Myers running around with the golden glow in my games... why make it harder for the players who can actually unlock it?

Comments

• LegionOfDumbLegionOfDumb Member Posts: 619

Because it gives a small amount of bonus points for the player who acquires it.

• TheRoyalOwlTheRoyalOwl Member Posts: 749

I mean unless they pick it up in front of you I don't really see much issue with it, as it literally respawns somewhere else as soon as its taken.

• OniKobayashiOniKobayashi Member Posts: 274

So you can get that sweet 500 BP that is totally worth not getting a crown for.

• OrionOrion Member Posts: 21,675

Indeed. They're not making it harder for you. My friend's had a pedestal spawn right in front of him, just as I've had one despawn right in front of me.

On a side note, I could've sworn I'd seen this thread before.

• burntFuseburntFuse Member Posts: 290

Got hooked right next to one and had to watch somebody grab it before unhooking me. It was a Dwight, but it still sucks to watch.

• Rey_512Rey_512 Member Posts: 1,620

500 BPs is inconsequential... just seems like a poorly-thought out event.

Bonus BPs for using Special Generators and Hooks would definitely have been a better, less frustrating option.