Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Lights should flicker when Demo uses his teleport

NebulaNebula Member Posts: 452

Similar to how they did in Stranger Things whenever he would get close, I think this would be a cool addition to Demo that would add to the overall experience while playing him.

If they really wanted to go for it they could make actually like it is in the show and make the lights slowly flicker when you enter his terror radius and then get faster as he gets closer.

Comments

• oh_0koh_0k Member Posts: 712

Im a demo main I like him but man I can't play him for long periods of time because his power Is soooo boring. The portals are just bad unless you bring addons to make them good. His shred is ok but it very simple and you basically use it the same way every game.

If I were to change demo I would

Rat liver base

Deer lung base

Remove the map wide portal sound

• ALostPuppyALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

He requires some work and learning to his abilities, so nobody wants to play him and therefore think he's not good. It's the same with Deathslinger and Nurse around here.

• bjorksnasbjorksnas Member Posts: 4,023

They should remove the map wide sound and replace it with something visual instead so that survivors have to be paying attention rather than just get a map wide scream to let them know something is happening

• Mister_xDMister_xD Member Posts: 6,958
    edited June 2020

what if they removed the loud screaming he does when teleporting and instead make it that all lights flicker? that would be really cool!

• TodgeweihtTodgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666

I disagree, shred is IMO the most fun "ranged" attack out of them all and his portals, while hard to use, can give you tonnes of map pressure.

I do agree rat liver should be base and that he needs an add-on rework, but besides that, an excellent killer

• MojoTheFabulousMojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 1,973

This would look really damn cool.

• Spooky13Spooky13 Member Posts: 1,471

Demo is a jack of all trades, master of none, mid tier killer who takes some time to get used to using his power effectively. Most people would rather spend the time they would use learning Demo learning Nurse or Spirit instead. I think the only people that main him now are:

1. Stranger Things fans

2. People who wanna be the giant badass monster

3. People who find him really fun to play

Regarding the topic, it would be nice thematically, and even better if it replaced the map wide teleporting notification, but I think most lights in the game are already flickering, and I can't see them going through every single map and changing them just for Demo unless he gets a rework, not to mention some maps don't have any lights at all I'm pretty sure.

• KaijuKaiju Member Posts: 513

there's no way u can compare old PB to this. at least u can hear his loud ass footsteps or seeing him. Unlike PB Spirit which didn't give any warning that she was on phase

• RaccoonRaccoon Member Posts: 5,258

Awesome idea :D

You really comparing this to old PB even tho Demo is very easy to see or the fact that his footsteps are directional and can be heard from 16 meters

And are we gonna ignore the fact that killers like Gf, Myres, and Pig can have stealth for longer without survivors knowing but oh no we can't let demo have 2 seconds of undetectable without letting survivors know. That's just as stupid as saying "Trail of torment needs to show the gen aura so survivors know whats going on"

• Mak0Mak0 Member Posts: 245

How would they address this on maps like sanctum of wrath this would only work on midwhich hawkins Lery's Springwood and haddonfield

• NebulaNebula Member Posts: 452

It wouldn't work perfectly on all maps but it could work on things like generators and exit gates

• Seiko300Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,805

LMAO

"That would be cool! If anybody played demo in the first place..."

That is actually straight facts.

Yes you could hear spirit's footsteps but you had to be right next to her and you couldn't see her

Survivors could just hear where your coming from because demo is so loud but if you place the portal far away undetectable becomes useless (it already is but still) This is why deer lung being base and removing the map wide sound be a thing. Believe me nothings worse than thinking you can get the drop on a survivor with the portal only to find out they ran cross map already because they get to much reaction time.