Home Discussions General Discussions

Can you please STOP with the cooldowns

Why? Just why?

Hillbilly is the most balanced killer in the game with ample counterplay. Why did you feel the need to add an overheating mechanic? It's already difficult to land chainsaws on red rank rank survivors and now you made it even worse

Bubba, on the other hand, deserved a well done rework, not a copy pasta nurse rework. If you haven't read the patch notes, they added charges to his chainsaw, like nurse

Can you stop catering to baby survivors and actually balance the game around skilled players?

Comments

• LordRegalLordRegal Member Posts: 1,085

Yeah, I'm really happy actually with the changes to Leatherface, but that is a pretty major Hillbilly nerf for...reasons I don't quite understand. He feels like a Nurse update...we wanted a red bar on the killer, so damn it we're going to have one!

• TAGTAG Member Posts: 7,020

Bubba, on the other hand, deserved a well done rework, not a copy pasta nurse rework. If you haven't read the patch notes, they added charges to his chainsaw, like nurse

Bubba's charges are used to make his power stronger, not weaker (especially when paired with him moving faster while chainsawing).

• brokedownpalacebrokedownpalace Member Posts: 5,216

But the charges added to LF make him stronger and easier to use. Misplay a chainsaw attack? You're no longer forced to commit to the entire animation. Take a deep breath before posting.

• Alphasoul05Alphasoul05 Member Posts: 53
    edited July 3

The game is basically going to be go to a locker, red bar, reload on every killer at this point. Limitations are fun :)

LF looks quite nice actually, but I really don't think Billy needed to be touched. Like, at all. I barely even see Billy's in my games.

• MojoTheFabulousMojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 1,497

I'm not sure you watched the clips properly that they have because Leatherface, without a doubt, is more powerful with the charges. The chainsaw overheat for Hillbilly looks like it takes ages to build up, builds up slower when you're sprinting and won't end the sprint if it overheats. So I can only see it being an issue in very few situations, overall not a big deal.

• slim0bslim0b Member Posts: 346

From my POV it was just unnecessary considering how balanced he is. Cooldowns are an inconvenience especially for a killer who has to use his chainsaw to win loops, to get his lethality, and to get his mobility.

• thrawn3054thrawn3054 Member Posts: 3,208

Uhh those charges are a buff to his saw. Did you see how much distance he got? If they have a couple of decent addons he'll be alot stronger.

• RbLenRbLen Member Posts: 41

Ugh... another cooldown. Guess we need to add a cooldown to trapper too eh? Lets have him charge a red bar until he can pick up a new trap or set one down. Lets have wraith have to fill up a bar until he can ring his bell. While im not happy about these changes I am glad to see Bubba getting some well deserved rework. Hillbilly changes makes me not very excited. Unless you bring back spacebilly.

• brokedownpalacebrokedownpalace Member Posts: 5,216

I believe so. Each charge is 2 seconds of chainsawing. So if you realize you won't make the hit due to distance or a window you could just not use the additional charges, ending the attack sooner. I believe that's how it works

• xTalon32xTalon32 Member Posts: 342

Rev misuse? Do you call anything a killer can do to mind game you misuse.

• Salty_PearlSalty_Pearl Member Posts: 1,102

Ah yes...because cooldowns/charges totally worked for Nurse's rework and didn't make her not fun to play and made her a worse killer.

• ShadowRainShadowRain Member Posts: 398

Leatherface changes are amazing, billy on the other hand.. idk why they nerfed his basekit he was a fair killer

• Seiko300Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,152
    edited July 3

I think this is a wait and see kind of moment. Hopefully there'll be a PTB to test out these changes

• Seiko300Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,152

Yeah, just found it which is why I edited my comment, but thanks though