Home Discussions General Discussions

Midwitch has the worst hook spawns

KebekKebek Member Posts: 2,031

I've already had several games where hooks decided to not spawn in the whole [BAD WORD] hallway. Who's genius idea was it to literally create no-hook zones where survivors can't be hooked no matter what since you can't magically walk through walls when you down someone in the middle of the hallway and you have hook in the courtyard and above/below you but no hooks in the hallway itself.

I don't mind the overall design but I really hate how hook distancing system doesn't take into account walls/heights as an obstacle to reaching hooks. Otherwise there wouldn't be sometimes only single hook or even none in the whole hallway while on some other side you get 2 hooks 10m next to each other on the same floor.

It's epecially fun when survivors realise this and just run towards these no-hook zones or even better when gen is nearby these. So much fun not beiing able to play the game normally due to poor decision on hook spawns.

I'll probably start to just 4 man slug each time I'm on Midwitch until devs acknowledge this problem and fix the hook spaws since I don't like beiing robbed of whole chases only because map didn't feel like giving me a hook.

Comments

• bobcat946732bobcat946732 Member Posts: 816

Out of curiosity were you an Oni and unable to hook a Feng? I just got out of game with someone who wasn't able to hook me as they couldn't find there way into a room due to lack of doors.

• KebekKebek Member Posts: 2,031

That was probably me since just played an Oni game but I don't remember if it was Feng.

Still these problems with hook spawns happened to me multiple times since Midwitch was released and I'm getting really tired of it.

• FellowKillerMainFellowKillerMain Member Posts: 399

Worst map ever.

• mylesmylomylesmylo Member Posts: 308

Because Midwhich is one of the worst designs they have ever made. Yeah it looks great as just a map itself but I dont like playing it as killer or survivor.

• YaiPaYaiPa Member Posts: 1,928

the worst hook spawn rate is probably grim pantry or cowshed, legit deadzone land. Midwhich is pure trash, depends on which floor you are, but most of the times hooks are decently close, especially in the hallways, if you are in some rooms and you didn't break the doors tho, oh boi.