Stats assumptions about Hillbilly's overheat
The first thing I want to say is that I don't like the idea of the overheat at all. It is a nerf, it is definitely not "minimal" and it feels completely unnecessary to me especially considering that the devs say they are fine with Hillbilly's performance.
But whether the overheat will hurt Hillbilly or not is really up to the stats and numbers. Obviously we don't have them yet, but we can assume some by looking at that small snippet devs gave us.
A few things to note:
- This is pure assumption. I might be wrong!
- That snippet used 2 addons. The brown one is a new boots-like icon so it likely is the new Dad's boot addon and thus doesn't affect the numbers below but the other addon is Thompson's mix which might have its effect changed. That means that the base overheat stats might be worse that what we see.
So what I gathered from the snippet:
- It will take around 50-60% of overheat to sprint around the map (in the snippet Billy sprinted for less than the full map but he did it in a curved line. It also depends on a map so like everyone else Billy will have more of an advantage at smaller maps)
- Fully charging and initiating a sprint will take around 25% of overheat. (that means that every attempt at a chainsaw hit is 25% overheat - at least without addons it is)
- Revving fills overheat about twice as fast as sprinting. (in the snippet it took about 8 seconds to get 25% overheat while sptinting and 4 seconds while revving)
- Overheat cooldown is apparently 12 seconds. (it took 3 seconds to get at -25% in a snippet. We don't know how fast will overheat meter decrease if it's not fully charged but I assume it is around 15-24 seconds - I'll be seriously surprised if it is more than twice as long)
So from what I see it does seem like a serious nerf for everyone except for maybe around 10% of the best Hillbilly players who hardly ever miss and thus won't feel the nerf much. Everyone else from beginners to average players who miss from time to time will definitely be affected.
While it's unlikely to make Billy unplayable or that much worse it definitely feels like the Nurse nerf a lot. And I'm 100% not looking forward to it.