2.6.0 is now available for download on all platform
The new content from Demise of the Faithful is available immediately in the in-game store. DLC is available on Steam / Playstation Store EU / Playstation Store NA / XBOX
Patch Notes: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/categories/patch-notes
Emblem blogpost: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/52295/the-emblem-system-changes-explained#latest
We are testing out new post formatting for the forum. There might be some issues present (white text, blank quotes, etc.), we are looking to resolve those. Thank you.

Reddit Q&A | April 23, 2018

not_Queennot_Queen Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 746
edited May 2018 in Q&A sessions

Question from Arcieth

With more cosmetics coming to the game soon, and cosmetics for licensed characters not being confirmed, is it safe to assume that it's a bad idea to ''main'' a certain licensed character? Because you'll most likely enjoy an original character far more due to more customization options for them.

Answer

No licensed cosmetics are planned for now. We are in contact with licensors but cannot promise anything on the outcome of the discussions.

Post edited by not_Queen on

Comments

• not_Queennot_Queen Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 746

Question from Anonymous_573462

Will Sabo-Jake ever be buffed? Any chance emblems would support sabotage?

Answer

Design team answer
    The Emblem system wasn't made to include sabotage actions.

Question from GamingPigeon

In the mid chapter balance updates, will you only be balancing the most recent chapter, or will balance for existing things be thrown in there too? If so, how big(perk cube would be massive, sound changes would be tiny, etc.)?

Answer

Design team answer
    The updates will be on the game in general with a specific focus. The Mid-Chapter patches will not be based solely on the previous content drop.

Question from adz99999

It would be fun if the killers had a perk that notified them any or 50% of the time before someone starts opening a chest.

Answer

Design team answer
    Thanks for the idea! We think that might be a bit too situational

Question from blueblaze103

I know there's a total of 4 new chapters coming out next year (starting June), but what about more Paragraphs such as leatherface or Bill?

Answer

There is no other content planned but the chapters on the roadmap for now.

Question from Fawful

Would it be possible to get musical cues for Pig? ( Hello Zepp, etc)

Answer

Design team answer
    This is very unlikely

Question from Zazells

Can I PLEASE be able to choose to lower or eliminate the in game music? That would be dope. THANK YOU!

Answer

Design team answer
    The music is part of the Dead by Daylight experience. We have no plan on changing this part of the experience except maybe on NoMither

Question from yunabladez

I believe you are already aware of the negative reaction the community has had regarding the emblem system, so going straight to the point, When is the first emblem adjustement patch coming?

No "Soon™" response plz. You have killers stuck at ranks 10-5 not getting any games because there aren't any survivors from their rank to play with, so I hope you know this is an urgent matter.

Answer

Design team answer
    The first step is to fix some of the bugs related to the system, that is planned for the June update. We are already looking at the feedback and we are aiming to tweak the system for the balance update. There will be PTBs to test the changes.

Question from FujinR4iJin

The game has some serious instability issues, frequent crashing and FPS-drops especially on console.
    Is fixing these issues a priority or any sort?

Answer

Crashing and optimization are always top priorities. The next big update should bring a few optimization changes that will help the console players.

Question from JVanzandt

I recently gave up on the game as the frame rate on console is very poor. Any improvements coming on that end?

Answer

The next big update should bring a few optimization changes that will help the console players.

Question from Darktronik

Are you aware of the trapper traps highlight not being correctly aligned with the trap placement itself, as it was correct one day? Now is REALLY misaligned.

Answer

We are aware of it. It is bugged in the system and rated as medium priority.

Question from Vocapifa

Are you working on something related to killers being able to slow down survivors doing gens so fast as they can now?

Answer

Our Design team is currently working to improve the pallet spawns (safe vs unsafe) and getting rid of the pallet vaccum. We are also testing changes to existing tiles. We are exploring LOS changes and modifications to the surrounding objects.

We want to get faster animations for the killer (ie: picking up a survivor).

We hope that with shorter chases and faster animations, gen pressure will be lower. There is still more we want to do.

Question from SundoWave

Are you working on fixing the broken achievements?

Ever since the patch 1.9.4 I can't progress my last achievement "Taking one for the team" past 227/250. Please help this poor fellow out and fix the achievement detection system ASAP. Achievements are a big motivator for people like me and if I don't have a goal to work towards I just find myself not playing.

Answer

Taking one for the team should be fixed with the next major update. As for the other achievements, they are rated high in our priority list.

Question from Sly54545

Has anyone ever considered making Thrill of The Hunt a non-hex perk? The idea of Thrill is a good idea, but the fact that it makes you defend 2 totems instead of one doesn't make it the greatest to use, and the power of the perk itself doesn't compare to other hex perks. Making it a non hex perk would be a nice buff that could increase the usability of hex perks beyond Ruin.

Answer

Design team answer
    Totems need love and we know it. Our ideas right now range from Hex perks modifications, spawning placement, visibility (color, model, fire, sound) to adding totem related offerings.
    For ToTH, we think your idea is great! You are making a good point and we've heard it.