The stench of rotting Pustula Plants fills the air: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/93854/
Some players have been facing an issue that causes partial loss of progress. We found one cause of the issue and are planning a fix for the mid-chapter update. In the meantime you can use this workaround: restart the game client after using the Custom game feature. Thank you.
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Least favorite perks?

MegMain98MegMain98 Member Posts: 1,404
Okay so what are you least favorite perks go against as a survivor or killer?

My least favorite perk to go against as a survivor is definitely Franklin’s Demise. No other killer perk really annoys me as much as Franklin’s. If you wind up being the obsession the new perk Rancor could also be annoying to go against if you get caught in the end

My least favorite perk to go against as a killer is probably Adrenaline. I mean Decisive Strike is annoying to go against but having hit a survivor then having them blast off with Adrenaline and then having them break line of sight can be crushing. 

Comments

  • BrawlerBrawler Member Posts: 303

    I got you meg, only inches from hitting you
    - Adrenaline triggers -

    So yeah Adrenaline, DStrike and Object of Obession when I play killer. I hate when somebody tbags me on OoO and trynna be toxic but can't escape the killer and dies [*].

  • TheTimeMachineTheTimeMachine Member Posts: 229

    Self-Care is definitely a long-running gag for me. As Survivor and Killer, it's simply to predictable each Trial. It tickles me each time I sit next to another Survivor who'd rather heal themselves than get healed.

  • CoffengMinCoffengMin Member Posts: 821

    ruin is the bane of my [BAD WORD] existence

  • KiraElijahKiraElijah Member Posts: 1,161
    DS
  • PeasantPeasant Member Posts: 3,685

    @CoffengMin said:
    ruin is the bane of my [BAD WORD] existence

    Hex: Ruin is a joke. If the totem isn't destroyed instantly it can easily be worked through. It's simple if a skill check appears then you try for greatness. If you cannot perform great skill checks and only good skill checks then just let go once the generator sparks. You cannot make repair progress while the generator is sparking. Just let go and work through it.

  • iceman2kxiceman2kx Member Posts: 462

    Iron Will is terrible to play against as a killer.

    As a survivor I'm gonna go with nurse's calling.

  • BeverlyBeverly Member Posts: 179

    As a survivor, my least favorite perk to go against is Iron Grasp. Especially paired with Agitation. It's pretty annoying to see your entire team bodyblocking under the hook and you just want to yell "I CAN'T MAKE IT OFF GUYS". Insidious annoys me as well since it's only ever used to troll.

    As a killer, I really dislike Object of Obsession. Whenever people use it they do it to be an asshat and bully killers.

  • MiloMilo Member Posts: 4,181

    BBQ & Chilli? Cause it's every match

    For surv either Self Care or DS (if they aren't the obsession)

  • Mister_HoldoutMister_Holdout Member Posts: 1,164

    Killer: DS, SB, OOO, SC - The usual meta perks that make playing killer miserable.

    Survivor: Dying Light, Insidious, MYC - These perks encourage scummy play styles in my opinion. Just not fun to deal with.

  • MegMain98MegMain98 Member Posts: 1,404

    @Mister_Holdout said:
    Killer: DS, SB, OOO, SC - The usual meta perks that make playing killer miserable.

    Survivor: Dying Light, Insidious, MYC - These perks encourage scummy play styles in my opinion. Just not fun to deal with.

    Agreed with Dying Light and Insidious...but Make Your Choice? Meh, the killer has to be over 32 meters away at least and if you realize that you are afflicted with it, you can just hide in a closet for the full 60 seconds if the killer is being scummy.

  • MegMain98MegMain98 Member Posts: 1,404

    @Milo said:
    BBQ & Chilli? Cause it's every match

    For surv either Self Care or DS (if they aren't the obsession)

    I’ve learned to live with BBQ because every killer uses it. Same as every survivor uses Self Care. I haven’t even gotten BBQ because I HATE Leatherface and I haven’t leveled him up and BBQ is never in the Shrine.

  • Mc_HartyMc_Harty Member Posts: 2,660

    Decisive Strike.

    Used to hate Self-care too but they buffed Sloppy Butcher.

  • MasterMaster Member Posts: 10,208

    @MegMain98 said:
    Okay so what are you least favorite perks go against as a survivor or killer?

    My least favorite perk to go against as a survivor is definitely Franklin’s Demise. No other killer perk really annoys me as much as Franklin’s. If you wind up being the obsession the new perk Rancor could also be annoying to go against if you get caught in the end

    My least favorite perk to go against as a killer is probably Adrenaline. I mean Decisive Strike is annoying to go against but having hit a survivor then having them blast off with Adrenaline and then having them break line of sight can be crushing. 

    DS

    Anyone using it in my lobby can prepare to be used as mop to clean the floor.

    I dont have killer perks I really hate, I dislike playing against NOED though. Staying stealthy the whole game and then dieing because of one hit feels really bad

  • MegMain98MegMain98 Member Posts: 1,404

    @Master said:

    @MegMain98 said:
    Okay so what are you least favorite perks go against as a survivor or killer?

    My least favorite perk to go against as a survivor is definitely Franklin’s Demise. No other killer perk really annoys me as much as Franklin’s. If you wind up being the obsession the new perk Rancor could also be annoying to go against if you get caught in the end

    My least favorite perk to go against as a killer is probably Adrenaline. I mean Decisive Strike is annoying to go against but having hit a survivor then having them blast off with Adrenaline and then having them break line of sight can be crushing. 

    DS

    Anyone using it in my lobby can prepare to be used as mop to clean the floor.

    I dont have killer perks I really hate, I dislike playing against NOED though. Staying stealthy the whole game and then dieing because of one hit feels really bad

    I don’t dislike Decisive since it is a one and done perk and if you run Enduring it isn’t as bad as people claim it is. I do however dislike the trolls who run DS and click their flashlights at you and teabag. It doesn’t personally affect me because it is online multiplayer but it can get annoying really quickly especially if you have a 4 man DS SWF team. It’s not the perk normally but usually it is the way people play that I dislike

  • MasterMaster Member Posts: 10,208

    @MegMain98 said:

    @Master said:

    @MegMain98 said:
    Okay so what are you least favorite perks go against as a survivor or killer?

    My least favorite perk to go against as a survivor is definitely Franklin’s Demise. No other killer perk really annoys me as much as Franklin’s. If you wind up being the obsession the new perk Rancor could also be annoying to go against if you get caught in the end

    My least favorite perk to go against as a killer is probably Adrenaline. I mean Decisive Strike is annoying to go against but having hit a survivor then having them blast off with Adrenaline and then having them break line of sight can be crushing. 

    DS

    Anyone using it in my lobby can prepare to be used as mop to clean the floor.

    I dont have killer perks I really hate, I dislike playing against NOED though. Staying stealthy the whole game and then dieing because of one hit feels really bad

    I don’t dislike Decisive since it is a one and done perk and if you run Enduring it isn’t as bad as people claim it is. I do however dislike the trolls who run DS and click their flashlights at you and teabag. It doesn’t personally affect me because it is online multiplayer but it can get annoying really quickly especially if you have a 4 man DS SWF team. It’s not the perk normally but usually it is the way people play that I dislike

    A few hours ago I actually had a 4 man DS SWF (never happens eh).
    Still managed to 4k them though because they were boosted AF and belived they are gods. But even if I 4ked, the game was really frustrating and I stopped playing after that. The two games before were both spoiled by DCs, guess enough DBD for one day :wink:

  • Mister_HoldoutMister_Holdout Member Posts: 1,164

    @MegMain98 said:

    @Mister_Holdout said:
    Killer: DS, SB, OOO, SC - The usual meta perks that make playing killer miserable.

    Survivor: Dying Light, Insidious, MYC - These perks encourage scummy play styles in my opinion. Just not fun to deal with.

    Agreed with Dying Light and Insidious...but Make Your Choice? Meh, the killer has to be over 32 meters away at least and if you realize that you are afflicted with it, you can just hide in a closet for the full 60 seconds if the killer is being scummy.

    MYC isn't a problem for some killers.

    But I've noticed it's really annoying on other killers. Example Wraith. I've seen Wraiths hang around at the 32 meter mark and wait for the unhook.

    As soon as the unhook happens, the Wraith will high tail it to the hook. Now the Wraith can one hit down both people. That's some next level proximity camping if you ask me.

    Normally, I wouldn't have a problem with it but some killers bank their entire match on that perk. For me, that makes the game very unfun.

    I've actually used this setup myself and it feels pretty scummy.

  • CoffengMinCoffengMin Member Posts: 821

    @Peasant said:

    @CoffengMin said:
    ruin is the bane of my [BAD WORD] existence

    Hex: Ruin is a joke. If the totem isn't destroyed instantly it can easily be worked through. It's simple if a skill check appears then you try for greatness. If you cannot perform great skill checks and only good skill checks then just let go once the generator sparks. You cannot make repair progress while the generator is sparking. Just let go and work through it.

    its not that its op , its that its annoying af and its on every fkin game

  • MegMain98MegMain98 Member Posts: 1,404

    @Master said:

    @MegMain98 said:

    @Master said:

    @MegMain98 said:
    Okay so what are you least favorite perks go against as a survivor or killer?

    My least favorite perk to go against as a survivor is definitely Franklin’s Demise. No other killer perk really annoys me as much as Franklin’s. If you wind up being the obsession the new perk Rancor could also be annoying to go against if you get caught in the end

    My least favorite perk to go against as a killer is probably Adrenaline. I mean Decisive Strike is annoying to go against but having hit a survivor then having them blast off with Adrenaline and then having them break line of sight can be crushing. 

    DS

    Anyone using it in my lobby can prepare to be used as mop to clean the floor.

    I dont have killer perks I really hate, I dislike playing against NOED though. Staying stealthy the whole game and then dieing because of one hit feels really bad

    I don’t dislike Decisive since it is a one and done perk and if you run Enduring it isn’t as bad as people claim it is. I do however dislike the trolls who run DS and click their flashlights at you and teabag. It doesn’t personally affect me because it is online multiplayer but it can get annoying really quickly especially if you have a 4 man DS SWF team. It’s not the perk normally but usually it is the way people play that I dislike

    A few hours ago I actually had a 4 man DS SWF (never happens eh).
    Still managed to 4k them though because they were boosted AF and belived they are gods. But even if I 4ked, the game was really frustrating and I stopped playing after that. The two games before were both spoiled by DCs, guess enough DBD for one day :wink:

    A 4 man DS SWF team can get annoying really quickly, although I can’t complain because the four man team I usually play with, at least three of us run DS normally. It’s just the way most SWF teams play. We don’t act toxic and none of us can even use a flashlight properly anyways. The game can get super annoying with DS. DC’s don’t ever affect me honestly, nothing in this game really gets under my skin...I’ve been through F13 The Game and teaming Jason players and all the toxicity that can come with that game, so DBD’s toxicity isn’t affecting me anytime soon.

    I would say if it were to be nerfed then maybe make it so DS had a certain % faster to wiggling than an automatic break free but that would probably be a better buff for Boil Over.

  • MegMain98MegMain98 Member Posts: 1,404

    @CoffengMin said:

    @Peasant said:

    @CoffengMin said:
    ruin is the bane of my [BAD WORD] existence

    Hex: Ruin is a joke. If the totem isn't destroyed instantly it can easily be worked through. It's simple if a skill check appears then you try for greatness. If you cannot perform great skill checks and only good skill checks then just let go once the generator sparks. You cannot make repair progress while the generator is sparking. Just let go and work through it.

    its not that its op , its that its annoying af and its on every fkin game

    I feel you...Ruin gets annoying as hell whem it is in every game and I’m not that good with hitting great skill checks, but if you look at it from the killers side of things...they’ll get easily gen rushed without it. That’s why I got all my Adept killer trophies while I was still Rank 20...most games only one gen got done.

  • Dwight_FairfieldDwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 1,898

    BBQ and Chili is probably the most annoying for me.

  • CoffengMinCoffengMin Member Posts: 821

    @MegMain98 said:

    @CoffengMin said:

    @Peasant said:

    @CoffengMin said:
    ruin is the bane of my [BAD WORD] existence

    Hex: Ruin is a joke. If the totem isn't destroyed instantly it can easily be worked through. It's simple if a skill check appears then you try for greatness. If you cannot perform great skill checks and only good skill checks then just let go once the generator sparks. You cannot make repair progress while the generator is sparking. Just let go and work through it.

    its not that its op , its that its annoying af and its on every fkin game

    I feel you...Ruin gets annoying as hell whem it is in every game and I’m not that good with hitting great skill checks, but if you look at it from the killers side of things...they’ll get easily gen rushed without it. That’s why I got all my Adept killer trophies while I was still Rank 20...most games only one gen got done.

    if the killer is good and the survivors are average gens wont get done that easily

  • CoolAKnCoolAKn Member Posts: 677

    Some perks are pretty annoying to go against at first, others are less so now.

    Ruin and Huntress's Lullaby aren't as annoying to deal with anymore. You just have to try to get the skill checks correctly for Ruin, and for Huntress's Lullaby, you just need to pay extra attention to the center of the screen, but that means you can't really look around as effectively.

    Make Your Choice is probably my biggest annoyance right now because a lot of times, I don't notice the icon until I get 1 hit downed and wasn't expecting it.

  • MegMain98MegMain98 Member Posts: 1,404

    @CoolAKn said:
    Some perks are pretty annoying to go against at first, others are less so now.

    Ruin and Huntress's Lullaby aren't as annoying to deal with anymore. You just have to try to get the skill checks correctly for Ruin, and for Huntress's Lullaby, you just need to pay extra attention to the center of the screen, but that means you can't really look around as effectively.

    Make Your Choice is probably my biggest annoyance right now because a lot of times, I don't notice the icon until I get 1 hit downed and wasn't expecting it.

    I hate Huntress Lullaby. Certainly not impossible but it is doable. You can always tell if you are affected with Make Your Choice. Your character will scream when unhooking a survivor. Sometimes I just hide in a locker until the effect wears off.

  • CoolAKnCoolAKn Member Posts: 677

    @MegMain98 said:

    @CoolAKn said:
    Some perks are pretty annoying to go against at first, others are less so now.

    Ruin and Huntress's Lullaby aren't as annoying to deal with anymore. You just have to try to get the skill checks correctly for Ruin, and for Huntress's Lullaby, you just need to pay extra attention to the center of the screen, but that means you can't really look around as effectively.

    Make Your Choice is probably my biggest annoyance right now because a lot of times, I don't notice the icon until I get 1 hit downed and wasn't expecting it.

    I hate Huntress Lullaby. Certainly not impossible but it is doable. You can always tell if you are affected with Make Your Choice. Your character will scream when unhooking a survivor. Sometimes I just hide in a locker until the effect wears off.

    Hmm, I'll have to pay attention to screaming when I unhook. I don't think I've ever heard that before when MYC is activated.

  • TheLegendDyl4n1TheLegendDyl4n1 Member Posts: 1,124

    omg freaking overcharge i can never hit it and the killer comes to me.

  • TheLegendDyl4n1TheLegendDyl4n1 Member Posts: 1,124

    @TheTimeMachine said:
    Self-Care is definitely a long-running gag for me. As Survivor and Killer, it's simply to predictable each Trial. It tickles me each time I sit next to another Survivor who'd rather heal themselves than get healed.

    well if i have self care 3 and green medkit with extra charges and increases speed i heal myself faster than you heal me so i might heal myself if i am in a hurry

Sign In or Register to comment.