Home Dead by Daylight Forums Polls

Would you like surveys to determine changes in the game?

MiniPisaMiniPisa Member Posts: 633

Would you like the Devs to create surveys about killer(s) and perk(s) changes to get our approval/opinion before going through with it?

Would you like surveys to determine changes in the game? 30 votes

Yes
83%
Seiko300[Deleted User]F60_31OkkonerDimekUistreelParallaxEliteManny7jadssGothicPrincessDabihwowAwkward_FiendCephalon_LebronMiniPisabrubliIamDwightEobardThawneSketchyPenguinPior_MorteDerZuntor 25 votes
No
16%
rhaTaigaEnderloganYTnotstarboardhahadrillgobrrr 5 votes

Comments

• IamDwightIamDwight Member Posts: 236
    Yes

I personally would love to see more frequent 'player surveys'. Instead of the ones we get now which is almost always revolved around certain updates.

I would love to see a more general survey basically asking how you feel about the game, has your opinion on an update changed at all since release, etc. Random surveys are nice to have, especially if they have random questions about playstyle, thoughts on servers/matchmaking/hits, really anything and everything related to the game.

I think more general surveys would greatly help the devs to shape the game more.

As a Software Engineer myself, I find it tremendously easier to sift through various feedbacks under a "singular opinion" type system. Where each individual posts their thoughts and everything. It's much easier than reading huge forum posts with hundreds of responses. Basically: I wanna see each person's individual response, not other peoples response to a person's own personal feedback.

• Awkward_FiendAwkward_Fiend Member Posts: 687
    Yes

During every chapter they should release a poll which has ideas for balance changes. People should be able to vote for them and the devs use the votes to influence what they actually add for the midchapter. This would take away a bit of hype for midchapters though, but it would make situations like the billy overheat much less likely.

• MiniPisaMiniPisa Member Posts: 633
    Yes

Exactly why I made this poll. I'd say at least 90% of the community never asked for the Billy nerf and are sad about it (including me, survivor main) and if they had actually took the time to give us a poll or survey then it wouldn't be happening. I'm still shocked that they went through with it after the feedback.

• notstarboardnotstarboard Member Posts: 3,702
    edited July 2020
    No

I would be okay with surveys informing changes made to the game. Let's say they decide to make a survey. If something the devs proposed is overwhelmingly popular, then 100%, the devs should try it. If the opposite is true and a change is unpopular, though, I don't think the devs should necessarily cave to that. People don't like change in general but if we give things a chance we usually end up liking them better than we thought. I'm a bit worried the devs would just get flamed for making any changes that weren't popular in the survey and I think that could hurt the game.

• DabihwowDabihwow Member Posts: 3,409
    Yes

If it is done right, and where the perks can be balanced out before hand and made useful then I would say yes.