Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

What Quality of Life Improvements Would You Like to See in the Future?

Comments

• TraitorousLeopardTraitorousLeopard Member Posts: 156

HUD indicators for each survivor's hook stage. Both as Killer and survivor, I'll get thrown off in a match because I mixed up which hook stage someone was on. Ironically, this has the biggest impact on trying to play nice as Killer- If I'm winning, I'll try to get everyone to 2 hooks before killing anyone, but a lot of times I'll mix up similar survivors and wind up killing someone earlier than planned. It would also save everyone that awkward moment at the exit gates, where you see someone being carried to the hook and everyone just stands around waiting for the hook to see if they're dead or not.

• DeadseaDeadsea Member Posts: 143

1. Buff Legion. Give him throwing knives to replace Frenzy.

2. Survivor bots. I'd love to practice various killers with bot survivors. It would be a helpful mechanic that would encourage more people to try more killers without fear of messing up.

• ZeidoktorZeidoktor Member Posts: 1,114

Perk Inventory: A way to quickly see which characters have a specific perk.

Ex: look up Barbecue & Chili and you can see which Killers have it and at what rank.

You want to do a survivor build but forget why had Kindred or something. See who has the perks you want to use.

• KingFrostKingFrost Member Posts: 3,014

#1. Practice Mode

It is PAINFUL playing a killer you've never played before in Red Ranks. I'm a decent Pig and a decent Doctor. Legion I'm mixed with. I have my good days, and my bad days. But I like to switch it up sometimes, and want to add Ghostface, Myers, Demogorgon, and Spirit to my repertoire. But they play VERY differently. Spirit and Demogorgon definitely. I can do OKAY as Ghostface and Myers sometimes, probably because Myers is one of the first killers I really started playing after I got done with M1 Billy. Spirit is a 110 killer, which I forget 90% of the time.

#2. Cross-Progression.

Let people have one account across consoles/pc if they want. I kind of want to move to PS4, but it's daunting to think about having to get EVERY PERK back.

#3. Quick Play

Let people join a neutral queue, and then get placed into whichever queue time is shorter. While I realize this is basically another way of "Play Killer", it'd still be nice to have. Maybe give a 10,000 BP Bonus to people who pick this option.

#4. Make a perk store instead of random perks appearing in the blood web. Replace the perks with Perk Points.

#5. Sort Perks. Including a custom order.

• MarcavecuncMarcavecunc Member Posts: 2,058

I'm not going to repeat the ones I saw suggested but.. I've made that suggestion before elsewhere

A completion progress on characters for unlocked perks.. They have it for outfits in the store, so why not for perks? You start at 3/240 on survivor and it goes up with each unlocked perk, to see how many perks I'm missing on someone I'm trying to max out.

Or heck, go all the way and do it for total levels (number of perks * 3) , and have it show how many perks you unlocked on that character no matter which level, and have it show how many perks are at level 3. Would help prevent having to go through 5 pages of perks counting level scratches to calculate how many perks you're missing.

• SCP_FOR_DBDSCP_FOR_DBD Member Posts: 2,416

I never even thought about a loadout selection, that would be amazing. I personally would like an option to simultaneously queue as both killer and survivor to get matches faster, chances are your always gonna get survivor though, considering how few killers there are.

• emptyCupsemptyCups Member Posts: 1,262

bots

I just dont want to deal with a toxic playerbase anymore

• VeenVeen Member Posts: 706

-Well many acessibility tools who's already on the mobile version, They have a visual cue for terror radius, certain perks like premonition.

-Increased rewards for daily rituals (maybe the ability to choose between a survivor & killer one).

-Purpose to ranks.

-Purpose for devotion.

-Perks tweak to mix the "meta" a bit.

My idea to a purpose for ranks:

At Rank Reset, you get a BP Bonus based on what rank you were.

Red Rank = 50,000 BP Bonus

Purple Rank = 40,000 BP Bonus

Green Rank = 30,000 BP Bonus

Yellow Rank = 20,000 BP Bonus

Brown Rank = 10,000 BP Bonus

Rank 20 = NO BP Bonus

Meaning if you're red rank on both sides, you could get a 100k bonus BP every month!

• MegMain98MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,822

• Hook struggle mechanic changed

• Bloodpoint cap increasing each after devotion level

• Prestige rewards

• Picking the background you like. They put so much work into the Silent Hill background, it would be nice to make it my permanent background even after they eventually stop using it.

• Being able to pick the menu music we wanna listen to. I’d love to have the Stranger Things menu music as mine.

• DCashDCash Member Posts: 170

Just gonna add this one change I'd like...

Please add P3 skins to the outfit tabs. Why do I have to individualy pick each piece of a set when you added in the outfits mechanic? I should be able to just click the P3 of any character in the outfit tabs. This blows my mind that it wasn't done in the first place.

• bm33bm33 Member Posts: 6,432

BP cap increase after devotion would be nice benefit to leveling up.

• Schlute6969Schlute6969 Member Posts: 129

Lots of things people already suggested BP cap increase, any disability help with color blindness or option for struggle phase to not have tapping where this mechanic can not only mess up no disability players but for those unable to constantly press that fast due to muscle or something type of disability so that they could enjoy the game and not always be essentially two hooked. There’s lots of other things that I agree with but my big one that I want is ability to see your progress in game to the emblem system with numbers and maybe xp too. This would keep a lot of things in check possibly resulting in higher level of play on both sides both knowing what progress they have made and what they are lacking and can work on in game rather than end game. This could also help with knowing when you are losing points in certain situations maybe not like healing points that you lose as killer but like if you maybe are a little too close to the hook and time has passed by looking for a survivor where you start losing points. Not that it’s a big deal as when you’re pretty good you’re not losing much to that so just a thought but at least the positive points being shown in game to what you have and maybe reduction could come when the game is over.

• KebekKebek Member Posts: 3,676

Better HUD ingame would be nice. I'd like to see for example which survivors I hooked how many times and on survivor something like small obsession claws for all survivors (to notifiy chases).

• bm33bm33 Member Posts: 6,432

I always find it odd when I max out in points in a category but don't get an iridescent emblem. Something showing where you're at in the emblem would help, especially with the rift challenges where you need certain emblems in certain categories.

• rglarson13rglarson13 Member Posts: 197

As someone with one of those 49" ultrawide monitors, I would love decent video options.

• VaJayblesVaJaybles Member Posts: 627

After a character is P3 50, get rid of the message on bloodweb that says you're capped. Pressing A twice just to get to the next bloodweb annoys me

• WeenieDogWeenieDog Member Posts: 1,930

a surrender option

• AvarikuAvariku Member Posts: 608

Fixing this would be nice

• ZoldyarZoldyar Member Posts: 438
    edited July 2020

No more holding down m1 and actually allowing survivors to do other things that requires more skill than doing one thing.

No more rng because you can get maps with infinite loop titles for survivors to loop killers around.

Fix match making and actually make it be based off skill.

• PryzmPryzm Member Posts: 393

Something I started doing as killer is when I see more than one BPS or cake used and I have DH or a mori loaded (rare that I load a mori unless I have a daily), I tend to not use it unless it's a sweaty SWF. Most of the time, they realize I'm not using my Mori and tend to not be too sweaty. Sometimes, they force the hand.

I guess I'd like to see that be somewhat enforced. I hated when I used to run a BPS and so did others (especially in solo que) only to be tunneled and mori'd. I think if the killer does not use a BPS/Cake and uses a mori, he gest no bonus if he actually moris someone. He just gets his normal BP, no benefit of the BPS. Why should he be rewarded for something other's paid for and he cut short with an overpowered offering.

I know, many killers will scream at this, but that is nothing normal. If you are going to mori a whole team, you should not benefit from their offering. Heck, I'd be ok if survivor offerings no longer affect killer.

This happened to me. I started farming with these survivors after some time because they offered cakes, and I was walking all over them. I wanted them to get some more points, so I went to hook this Meg who had been AFK for a while. But I did so where her teammate could get to her easily. Unfortunately, earlier in the match she JUST barely reached stage 2 and died. I had even showed her a crown so she could get it. I felt SO bad afterwards that she died, but she still sent me a friend request.

• JustalittlepeeckJustalittlepeeck Member Posts: 1,101
    • Totem counter for survivors
    • Ability to distinct what totem is bound to the each hex perk in case you have more 1.
    • Extra bloodpoints/information that you've been playing against SWF
    • Ability for survivors to see the perks of other survivors before the start of the match
    • Map ban feature
    • Player avoid feature
  • hahadrillgobrrrhahadrillgobrrr Member Posts: 953

I would like to pick servers. I mean with good ping of course, not like just pick any server. I'm sick and tired of playing with server I'm on. I know there is at least one server I could play on with good ping.

• PryzmPryzm Member Posts: 393

One other QoL - Could we please get a "surrender" option when someone DC's before the first hook?

As killer, I hate the feeling of mowing down 3 survivors in a 3v1. I usually take my foot of the pedal, but I'd rather get to a new match. If I got a surrender button, I can quit with my current BP and they get escape points.

As survivor, I hate trying to face a game vs either a tough killer, or one that plays as if his life depends on it when the first guy DC's. I'd rather be able to surrender and give the killer sacrifice points.

Mercy rule, or something.

• Cancan71Cancan71 Member Posts: 704

The one small change I want is when you are picking new charms for three empty slots, it should move to the next empty slot automatically instead of you having to pick each slot manually. This always annoys me every time I put charms on a new character.

• MinergamingMinergaming Member Posts: 3

I would say something simple. Passives for survivors. Something that spice up each game and not make it " Cosmetic Simulator 2020 "

• PrincessPoopPrincessPoop Member Posts: 919

Hook struggle change

• Prex91Prex91 Member Posts: 739

-Aim sensitivity option, like in fps games.

-post game chat also on consoles/ mouse Keyboard support.

-balance (mori, keys, gen rush, tunneling) killers and perks.

-change struggle/wiggle.

-craft for items and in game challenge progression notification.

• CertArnCertArn Member Posts: 78
    edited July 2020

Level vote. Level vote! LEVEL VOTE!!!

It is the stupidest thing i seen in any multiplayer game in my whole life - one out of five player want to play in laboratory, all will suffer.

Imagine that - we are stuck in campfire limbo, bored, because there is always this one damn player who have trouble finding Y on gamepad. What if on campfire screen there was 2 randomly selected levels and we could vote? Lets say game will randomly select one level from MacMillan pool and one from Gideon Meat Plant pool (:D), and you could vote where you want play. Survivors will get one vote, killer two (that should be fair), and if tie, game will choose randomly one level from completely different pool.

IMHO that would be best new feature in this game. :P

EDIT: Oh, one more thing... TWO ACTIVE CHALLENGES! One for killer, one for survivor. I dont understand why do i need select damn challenge in the first place, but whatever. FFS so many times i forgot to change damn challenge and its so clunky to change it, it is almost a pain to do that. Damn, it is like the most obvious thing in game, an yet i have to change it every single time when i wonna play other side. :/