Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions
We have been investigating cases of distributed denial of services (DDoS) over the last week. We take these reports extremely seriously. We're actively monitoring the situation internally and with our partners to gather as much information as possible and identify trends.

We are terribly sorry to those who have been affected by these attacks- we understand the impact this has on you. We are taking every appropriate measure to ensure the safety of our players.

We encourage our players to report to us any cases of DDoS, as well as any other form of inappropriate or abusive behaviour in the game. In the meantime, we encourage you to stay safe and follow best practices for online safety.

Exhibit A for why I believe the Huntress is S tier

RakimSockemRakimSockem Member Posts: 1,264

The skill cap on a huntress is as high as the player can push her and some people are just beyond amazing and can make plays that not even a Nurse could pull off.

And you can make all the arguments about what Billy and Spirit can do, but they can't do THIS. https://twitter.com/Queen_Kuro/status/1167056139915354117

At least, not that efficiently

Comments

• ClickyClickyClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

Yeah in optimal settings she’s a beast. Shame that some maps limit her potential.

• RakimSockemRakimSockem Member Posts: 1,264

Of course. But there's only like 4 indoor maps?

On pretty much any outdoor map with open space like this, all a really skilled Huntress player needs is a good BBQ and Chili read, a little Nurses calling, and some amazing accuracy and you have what happened in that clip. No other killer can pressure an entire team that well from that distance

• VeenVeen Member Posts: 706

As for Hag and Pig, Huntress can be a monster once mastered.

• YamaokaYamaoka Member Posts: 4,160
    edited July 2020

Yes, Huntress is very strong as she can zone and down survivors from high distances, ignore pallets/windows to a certain degree allowing her to shut down even very strong loops like the killer shack and if you bump into her after a red glow mindgame she can go for the famous M2+M1 combo which is pretty much like an instadown.

However the clip you posted is about the worst example when it comes to showcasing her strength because these survivors were playing like... No, I'm not even going to call them potatoes because that would be kinda disrespectful towards potatoes.

She hooked Claudette and all 3 survivors were at the same spot yet NONE of them were ready for BBQ throws despite hearing Huntress' global full-windup animation and even when they got hit Nea started Self Caring on the spot instead of leaving which resulted in a quick 2nd hit via Nurse's Calling. Ace decided to not react at all and just walked against the wall for several seconds like a confused new player instead of just leaving even after Nea had gotten downed and the 3rd survivors didn't look behind them allowing for easy ranged hits.

• Steel_EyedSteel_Eyed Member Posts: 2,573

Huntress isn’t S tier because tiers should be based on high skill survivors. All killers look good against bad survivors.

• RakimSockemRakimSockem Member Posts: 1,264

The survivors in this case definitely didn't play it right for sure. You could argue that they didn't know she had Nurses Calling and thought they were safe on the second hit. The ace was definitely a noob or very confused. That last hit....i don't even know how she got. I'm still trying to figure out because there was no line of sight to make that shot.

But those things aside, my point still stands that no other killer could have made that play happen at all. A nurse with Infectious Fright might have been able to pull it off, but that's about it

• DragonMasterDarrenDragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 1,840

here's my rebuttal, hitboxes and maps with a metric [BAD WORD] ton of cover

• YamaokaYamaoka Member Posts: 4,160

I agree Huntress is very strong (although I wouldn't consider her S-tier due to the reasons I'll list below) but just about any killer looks like a total beast like in your clip if survivors mess up or meme around (which happened in this clip of mine)

I could either say "BUBBA S-TIER BECAUSE 4K IN 39 SECONDS!" or I could be realistic and admit two of them were obviously meme-ing while the 3rd survivor thought they could loop me (which would have worked if I had not controlled the chainsaw around the loop perfectly while running Redline addons) and the 4th survivor decided to just hide behind a crate despite Infectious and totally ignored the T-L-wall behind them allowing me to end the match immediately.

As for the reasons why I personally don't consider Huntress S-tier. Her basekit lacks mobility, tracking, stealth , gen defense and she can't effectively counter "closed loops" (los blockers) which forces her into the windup mindgame which can cost her A LOT throughout a match. As a result she's map dependant. So yes, she is strong in 1 v 1-ing but a real S-TIER killer has more than that.

Spirit (for instance) can end chases quickly regardless of the map, she can check gens, gates, hooks, totems (if you run hexes) etc. quickly throughout the match.

She can quickly switch targets without losing too much time and catch even GOOD survivors off guard (especially if you switch targets while they're in your terror radius). She has everything it takes to be strong (if the player behind her knows what they're doing).

Damn, this post got way too long I think.

• NursesBootieNursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159

She's insane, but map dependant, just like nurse.

• OniWantsYourMacaroniOniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,732

I mean almost every killer can do plays that others can't