Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

The new MMR will be a dumpster fire on so many levels.

ChantyBoiChantyBoi Member Posts: 178

The idea of making MMR based on individual killers AND locking killers in one they hit ready is a horrendous idea. I genuinely think this will be a massive detriment for enjoyment on BOTH SIDES. Allow me to explain please

There are a number of clear issues that arise with this. For one the exploit that allows survivors to see the killer in their lobby still exists. Allowing survivors to plan a PERFECT counter with literally nothing the killer will be able to do about it. Also removing killers ability to counterpick items will just lead to a fuckton of lobby dodges. If a trapper sees a map and can't switch killers or a wraith sees 4 flashlights, it's just gonna end in a dodge. In addition expect to see a massive spike in the amount of super sweat killers. Nurse, Freddy, Spirit. Hope you have fun against this lovely trio because why would anyone want to risk playing a niche killer knowing they can't counterpick if they get matched against some super SWF squad.

However this also will effect survivors enjoyment. One example is as I've already said expect more hyper sweaty killers in droves but also a lot of killer skill is HEAVILY transferable between killers meaning it would be incredibly easy for most killers to just switch to a killer they don't play as often and still just absolutely decimate low rank survivors with basic killer skills they have picked up on their better known killers.

All this new system will lead to is about 3 things:

1.) Probably a playerbase drop, I know a lot of people who have said they would stop playing if this went live. This means longer matchmaking times and meaning the inevitable increase in lobby dodgers even FURTHER inflating matchmaking times.

2.) Unbalanced matches. Whether it's a killer being unable to counter pick against a SWF squad that perfectly counters them or a pro M1 killer switching from Billy to Clown and not losing much in their basic skill allowing for easy matches

3.) Static killers. Get ready to see the same 3-4 killers over and over and over and over and over because why would anyone want to risk playing a more gimmicky killer with any big weakness they might match against and be unable to counterpick? It'll be Spirit, Freddy, Nurse for the most part which means one way or another games will likely end very damn fast.

I just don't see this new system working out well and I REALLY hope BHVR will reconsider this decision. The game has enough problems right now and making the gameplay even more static and sweaty is really the very last thing this game needs right now.

Comments

• bingbongboi90bingbongboi90 Member Posts: 574

Individual mmr for different killers is great for the odd-playstyle Killers. the basics of looping can be learned by playing killer, some Killers dont have to use their power if they understand the basics of looping. You learn this by playing killer.

Except certain Killers dont loop normally and depend totally on the power to get hits. For example nurse. People who have a high mmr on the basic Killers will get dumpstered if they want to learn the nurse, this might ruin the mmr on other Killers.

So individual ranking are great on the 110 movement speed Killers and lower.

The 115 Killers can still do well with a low amount of knowledge of their power but big knowledge about looping. So these mmr CAN be combined.

• PryzmPryzm Member Posts: 393

Can't be much worse than what the current matchmaking system is. I had rank 16 thru 20 survivors (all 4) in a match last night during primetime. The match after that was appropriate ranks, then a mix of rainbows.

Yeah, I'll take whatever dumpster fires they have to set to get this right eventually.

• Zucker_SchockZucker_Schock Member Posts: 565

The thing i fear the most with this change is when i decide to empty my huge stash of Ebony Moris or Insta Down/Kill addons on the weakest killers, that matches will only become tryhard 4 man swfs and lobby times spikes up because of less extreme rank players.

• TricksTricks Member Posts: 957

Not looking forward to red rank killers being let into brown ranks on all their alts. Going to be a bad time for survivors. Think I'll just stay killer for a bit lol.

• DeadeyeDeadeye Member Posts: 3,609
    edited July 2020

1) You're not the first to curse upon DBD to die, but...

3) Why would killers choose weaker killers anyway? Also with the current ranking? Is there still diversity? Yes. People pick killers they want to play anyway, although other killers are stronger, I don't see your point why this would change. Not everybody thinks like you. Actually I see more people switching from their main to less played killers, because they don't need to learn their power against ultra sweat SWF like you have to currently

• thrawn3054thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,282

How would you get survivors near the ranking of the killer being used without locking them? Would you dump people out of the lobby if they switch killers? If you don't lock them what's to keep them from readying up with a killer they never use. Then switching to their best killer. Locking the killer choice might not be the most enjoyable option. But nobody has offered a better one yet.

• DeadeyeDeadeye Member Posts: 3,609

Exactly. Not sure if you read the whole point 3, but that's what I mean. The OP saying "why would they" is simply a bit short visioned

• EvilJoshyEvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,296

I never liked the killer lock. One of the things I did to pass the long que times was que up then switch to a killer and spend my bloodpoints. With this system I can't do that anymore. Id have to spend points into the killer I qued as. I really think this was a dumb idea on the devs part. It's not like it;s the first time they screwed up.