Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Wraith, you think you need a rework?

2»

Comments

• APoipleTurtleAPoipleTurtle Member Posts: 1,270

I'd be fine with them improving Wraith's base kit just a bit, but I don't really think he needs it. I certainly don't think he needs any full-blown rework (especially not if it would touch his add-ons).

He's add-on dependent for sure, but Wraith gets a lot of fantastic add-ons. In my opinion, he is one of the few killers who can attach almost any kind of utility to their power:

Pressure: Bone Clapper / The Beast

Tracking: All-Seeing set / The Hound

Mobility and Loop Shortening: Windstorm set / Swift Hunt set / Shadow Dance set

Stealth, Mindgames, & Jumpscares: Coxcombed Clapper / The Ghost / The Serpent

He can even apply some status effects like Mangled and Blindness through add-ons

Only big piece of utility unavailable to him is Insta-downing. But this can always be added in through perks.

I'm probably a little biased since I enjoy Wraith and play him a lot, but I think he can be strong enough to be relevant. The only situations I find he really falters in are matches against lots of flashlights and matches on large maps with an excessive number of decent loops. But most killers would be challenged under those circumstances anyway, so Wraith's probably fine as-is for the time being.

• solidhexsolidhex Member Posts: 698

Thanks for the input!

I actually meant "This way you won't actually have to run Windstorm every game" (no native speaker, sry). Making Windstorm basekit would give you more variety in your builds, currently i feel that he is very weak without it.

Tbh MYC and DH sounds very good on paper and i tried DH on him sometimes. He has an easy first hit and being able to 1-hit sounds crazy. But in game it never really worked for me. DH gets cleansed to often before you get 3 stacks. But if it kicks in, it can easily win you the game. With MYC the problem was that i either wasn't outside of the 32m range because i chased someone running to the hook or that the exposed surv just hid somewhere till the timer went down. Or i found someone else. Maybe i have to adjust my playstyle first. Enduring is great of course, gonna run it some more i think.

• DBD78DBD78 Member Posts: 2,693

I would be fine with him being a bit faster. He does need a buff.

• Spookybat8930Spookybat8930 Member Posts: 51

Wraith is my favourite killer, he’s good in a lot of ways, does he need a rework? Nah just make his yellow windstorm add-on default. Every killer needs strengths and weaknesses. Wraith can get easy surprise hits, he’s a hit and run type killer so keep the survivors guessing and keep them out positioned

• ALostPuppyALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

Green windstorm as base is all he needs. Then you rework the other windstorm add-ons into something else. That's literally all BHVR would have to do to make him go from horrendous to actually decent, because he's very decent with a bit of speed that's the only thing holding him back. I'd rather they go the route of giving him more speed than more Stealth because I like playing wraith in an aggressive way, which green windstorm absolutely lets you do. Yellow is a little too slow on some autohaven maps and other giant open areas.

• NovaDuckNovaDuck Member Posts: 10

Green would probably be too much, but maybe yellow as basekit would be all he needs. I think he is in a really good spot atm. Not too strong, not too weak, plenty of counterplay; lot's of interesting add-ons.

• csandman1977csandman1977 Member Posts: 2,223

Give him the ability to ignore windows and dropped pallets while cloaked. Even if its on a cool down.

• Golden_spiderGolden_spider Member Posts: 575

Wraith is 100% invisible during cloak but Survivors can see his Shimmer when he's within a certain distance. (16 meters for example)

Remove Light burn.

The Woosh sound from cloaking can only be heard from 24 meters away.

Either reduce the time it takes to uncloak but uncloaking speed stays the same OR uncloaking takes the same amount of time but increase the movement speed while uncloaking.

Yellow Windstorm becomes base cloak movement speed.

Mini Shadow Dance (+15%) is added to base cloak, number nerf the add ons to compensate.

• ALostPuppyALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

Why do you think green would be too much? It really wouldn't be. It's not THAT fast, and it wouldn't make him too strong at all. Besides half the Wraith players already run green windstorm almost all the time and you don't see anyone complain that he's overpowered with it.

Imo yellow isn't enough, and I'd rather they gave him a good speed boost and replaced the current windstorm with something else, rather than him getting a mediocre speed boost, but keeping the current windstorm add-ons which WOULD be too much.