Home Technical Issues

Internet going slow after launching DbD (PC)

CladallCladall Member Posts: 3

Hello,

I have a strange problem after playing Dead By Daylight. Right after launching the game, when I'm using Discord or Google Chrome in any website, the loading is more more long than it should be. All the images and text take a long moment to appear. And Youtube videos take a while to load & play. The only way to fix it is to reboot the PC.

However while playing Dead By Daylight (or any other games) and using Mumble, there is no drop or lag and the ping is correct. And upload/download stay the same with a speedtest.

I changed my internet operator recently to get the fiber but the problem is the same.

I hope we can find a solution :)

--------

My OS : W10 / 10.0.18362

CPU : Intel Core i7 7700K 4.20GHz

GPU : Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

RAM : 16Go DDR4

SSD/HDD : SanDisk SSD 128Go (Windows & Apps) / 2x Barracuda 2To HDD (Steam & DbD are on one of them)

My internet specs (with google speedtest) : Upload : 453.2Mbps / Download : 722.3 Mbps / Ping (Paris) : 6ms

Comments

• KhaineGBKhaineGB Member, Mod Posts: 2,997

After playing the game, open task manager and keep an eye on your network usage.

It's possible something isn't closing properly.

• CladallCladall Member Posts: 3
    edited August 2

Hello,

thanks for the answer. I checked before, while and after launching the game and the problem appears right after the game was launched (and after leaving the game).

But there is no significant thing which indicate a leak... Dead By Daylight and Easy anticheat are properly closed.

I was thinking it may be linked to the GPU (because DbD, Discord and Chrome use it) but if I load a video in Mozilla instead of Chrome, it works perfectly.

I already tried to verify the cache files like 5 times and re-install the game 3 times.

I will try to update my graphic card but I'm not sure it will be that because I did quite a few since the problem started.

Here some screenshots from the task manager.

BEFORE :

WHILE :

AFTER :

• KhaineGBKhaineGB Member, Mod Posts: 2,997

Hmmmm, yeah network usage looks good. You might be right on the GPU.

I think you can disable hardware acceleration in chrome, which usually solves the issue (I have it turned off cos it causes issues with twitch)

• CladallCladall Member Posts: 3

Sadly, with the hardware acceleration disabled in Chrome and Discord, the problem is the same...

I've got no more idea for this problem... It seems I'm gonna have to reboot the PC after all my games of DbD. 😅