Home Technical Issues

PS4 Error CE-34878-0

Ever since the newest update, me and a bunch of ps4 users have been getting kicked out of DBD with a ps4 error code called “CE-34878-0”. I’ve tried uninstalling the game, and unplugging my ps4, but still get this error either while in lobby or even in a game, then I derank, and get a “disconnection penalty” where I’m banned from matchmaking for 10-30 minutes. Please fix this or tell us how we can fix it🥺

Comments

• KhaineGBKhaineGB Member, Mod Posts: 3,046

Is it happening with any other games?

• KnaughtyKnancyKnaughtyKnancy Member Posts: 2

@KhaineGB sadly no, just DBD:/

Then I have no idea. Everything I can find on that error is...

1) Update PS4 and the game.

2) Put your original HDD back in if you upgraded.

3) Format the PS4 after backing up saves.

• runneratmidnightrunneratmidnight Member Posts: 3

I am getting the same error and have another friend who is also getting it only when playing dbd.

• Seph79Seph79 Member Posts: 6

Also getting this error. Finding it difficult to join parties as well.

• babygirl91580babygirl91580 Member Posts: 54

Same

• CorneliusCornelius Member Posts: 4

I am also experiencing this error PS4 DBD. only from this evening.

• JawsIsTheNextKillerJawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 1,895

Also started getting this error since the patch. PS4 has also shut down twice since the patch too without even an overheat warning (I thought I would mention it as it could be related. Both the shutdowns and the crashes are always at the same spot - as the offerings are shown. The fans are spinning wildly at this point.

No other games have crashed the console or made it power off, including those 4K games that also send the fans up to full speed. I have not encountered either of these scenarios before this patch.

• NuovaSNuovaS Member Posts: 7

Same here guys!! Only today!!!

• MushwinMushwin Member Posts: 3,273
    edited August 4

This has happened to me also but NOT during when i am in a match, also this is the only game recently that keeps over heating my ps4, and no it's not old, i don't need to dust it, Mr Mushwin works in IT so he knows all the things to do to help a ps4. No other game is making my ps4 over heat and this has just been a recent thing, i get that error message but when the timer of the lobby goes off or the offerings come through, it began from yesterday.

• koosje2001koosje2001 Member Posts: 2

I got this 3 times in game.

• SenChizuSenChizu Member Posts: 1
    edited August 4

Same for me and for one of my friends, we are disconnected from all the parties we play. There is a blue screen and the error code given is CE-34878-0, and now we can't create a group of survivors to play together. We keep starting the game again and again... And when one of us succeed in creating a group, the others don't receive the invitation. Sometimes when we start the game again, we can't connect to the server and the error code given is 8 015 or 8 018.

• NuovaSNuovaS Member Posts: 7

It is a 24 inch acer monitor, I feel this is the best way to game is to use smaller sized monitors to experience a full and lush resolution.

• MushwinMushwin Member Posts: 3,273

Very true as size doesn't always matter its about other things! but ty i was interested :)

Mmmkay, i'm asking the team to see if they know of any issues and have linked this thread.

If/when I have some info, I will let you know :)