Home Technical Issues

Game freezes and crashes

Orhun366Orhun366 Member Posts: 4
edited August 2 in Technical Issues

Im going insane i am playing the game normally and it freezes randomly (no matter where am i like in a lobby in main menu in game) and then it crashes with hung error and sometimes reset error please help i tried to unclock and overclock my gpu still nothing changed.

Comments

• KhaineGBKhaineGB Member, Mod Posts: 3,046

D3D_DEVICE_HUNG error?

Whats your system specs?

• Orhun366Orhun366 Member Posts: 4

Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

Intel Core i7-5820K 3.30 GHz

8 GB ram

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 (4 gb Vram)

and also i get reset error sometimes screen wents black for 10 seconds and boom game crashed

edited August 3

please anyone help i was rank 8 and now i am close to 10 pls helppp and btw the hung error is this:

Assertion failed: [File:Unknown] [Line: 198] Unreal Engine is exiting due to D3D device being lost. (Error: 0x887A0006 - 'HUNG')

That means you either have a PSU issue (unlikely) or your GPU is overheating (much more likely).

If you install MSI afterburner, that'll give you an idea of temps and such. You can also use it to increase fan speed and decrease GPU speed so it should make the game more stable.

My GPU tempeareture was 70-77 i increased the fan speed it now doesn't go above 74 and the game didn't crash thank you for your help

Awesome. Glad that sorted it. :) Might wanna take the GPU out, give it a clean and some fresh thermal paste.