Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions
We have been investigating cases of distributed denial of services (DDoS) over the last week. We take these reports extremely seriously. We're actively monitoring the situation internally and with our partners to gather as much information as possible and identify trends.

We are terribly sorry to those who have been affected by these attacks- we understand the impact this has on you. We are taking every appropriate measure to ensure the safety of our players.

We encourage our players to report to us any cases of DDoS, as well as any other form of inappropriate or abusive behaviour in the game. In the meantime, we encourage you to stay safe and follow best practices for online safety.

Why do some killers have so much going for them while others have basically nothing?

NebulaNebula Member Posts: 452

Killers like Freddy, Doctor, and Pyramid Head naturally just have so many passive factors going for them pretty much just by normally playing the game.

Freddy has the passive fall asleep, oblivious status, his base power, natural stall, and teleport. Doc has his madness, random skill checks, possible tracking methods, fake pallets, and fake terror radius going for him. Pyramid Head cancels a majority of meta perks by inflicting torment, better tracking, and amazing zoning ability.

Then you have killers like Trapper, Clown, Wraith, Legion, etc. Pretty much all these killers have is reliance on basic killer skill and game knowledge along with a pretty much one dimensional use of their power. The only thing going for them is their main powers, outside of those they are simply men with knives.

By any means I’m not saying that any of these killers I listed are overpowered, but it’s strange how vastly different gameplay is when facing these killers compared to other ones, they give survivors so much more to think about and worry about.

Comments

• Dwight_FairfieldDwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 4,962

I wouldn't count Pyramid Head as having a lot going for him. His cages nullify a lot of good killer perks like bbq and pop. He can't even see where the cages are so if he likes to tunnel because no ds then best of luck finding them.

• teamdehnteamdehn Member Posts: 222

I think its a natural progression for game development. Freddy doc and pyramid head are recently made or redone so to differentiate they need to be more complex.