Home Discussions General Discussions

14 games, only 1 half fair

KebekKebek Member Posts: 1,896

How long will it takes for this new MM system to start working ? I've played already 14 games since it launched all on my main killer, 80% 4k and rest 3k (due to me giving hatch or RNG on it) complete dominations, only twice did survivors manage to do 3 gens.

Just one single game of those had four rank 5s in the match otherwise I was getting mix of 75% ranks 15-20 and remaining 25% ranks 9-14.

I miss good fun matches (and partially losing or having a tense match) and it's not getting better. Where did all the rank 1s go that I played before new MM, I want to face those again.

How long before I start getting at least ranks 5-10. How long before it actually gets better then old matchmaking which seems like a amazing system compared to this "thing".

Comments

• ZeusZeus Member Posts: 1,299

It's time to play solo survivor now. It's much more tense than killers with the kind of team that you get.

• PawcelotPawcelot Member Posts: 985

Supposedly, 10 games are enough for the MMR to find you your spot in the matchmaking system.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • KebekKebek Member Posts: 1,896

Interesting since my game vs four rank 5s was around 9th. I don't see any changes or improvements during the "finding my spot phase" either, if it at least started giving higher ranks every time I won but it keeps on spraying new players on me.

• sulaimansulaiman Member Posts: 1,136

But you don´t know if all of those survivors had their 10 matches,and thus be rated properly, or do you?

Omg that hilarious since it would make sence. Insted of matching good players vs good players & bad/new players vs bad/new players, new MM started matching good players vs new players every match.

That would explain where did they all go, thanks for making my day.

So a new player is supposed to face a seasoned one because they might have natural talent and somehow be gods on their first match ?

Sounds like a flawed system, new players with no MMR matches should be instantly faced with the lowest killers have to offer and not someone who keeps on winning with new MMR and is/was seasoned player before also.

• sulaimansulaiman Member Posts: 1,136

don´t have to be new players, since deranking is a thing in this game, and many people do it. Just saying that the baseline skilllevel of that survivors might not have been determined at that time.

I for one have great games as solo survivor so far. They were all fair and close, and fun to play.

• SocialDistomancySocialDistomancy Member Posts: 286
    edited August 4

the real question is, why would you complain about that rather than enjoy it while it lasts? I'd happily trade killer mmr with you. killer isn't gonna be fun any more, any dailies will never get done as well as half the rifts any more for me lmao. not even gonna bother until i've afkd at least 30 matches on favorite killer or two to fix the mmr hopefully and make challenges doable. It was always miserable enough before now being able to get nothing for it when using wglf and having faster queues as survivor i could as many BP so long as my survivor mmr doesn't turn out to be whack too. but actually better teammates as survivor 9 out 10 times means more bp even when I don't escape, since protection hits also work for wglf. I'd only need to afk killer, 1st hook suiciding survivor would probably make it a worse experience since I would hit an mmr where I would have to carry the special olympics which is a herculean task.

I get no enjoyment from slaughtering new players. It's like beating 5 years old child in arm wrestling, there isn't any competition so why even bother doing it. Who would have fun with that.

I was enjoying fairly good matches before this new horrible system that forces me into playing againt new players no matter how much I win. If it wasn't for Ace rift I wouldn't be playing at all since this system makes DBD unplayable fun wise for me. I'll keep playing for now but once iIve grinded enough of the rift and if matches don't get better giving me players on my level I'll be quitting DBD until it's fixed.

• RaSavage42RaSavage42 Member Posts: 1,695

Is it 10 matches overall or 10 matches per killer?

It's 14 matches on 1 killer (my main so winning all of those) since it launched. All except 1 game had basically new players vs me.

• RaSavage42RaSavage42 Member Posts: 1,695

Ok cool... my games are so varied right now... except for my Pig games

• SocialDistomancySocialDistomancy Member Posts: 286
    edited August 4

lol after enough swf I'd gladly take your mmr and have a bit of non sweaty fun with it while also clearing the rift for killer. I can't imagine how badly mmr is gonna screw me as killer now that sooner or later I won't even have the hope of one potato landing in a 3 way's lobby any more it'll be a solo that could handle their weight and work with them better. Killer is gonna suck without a lot of afking to offset mmr gains, and I won't even bother with rifts any more if it gets too rough. It seems the past few nights before today my matchmaking already got bad enough and I would gladly rip new players a new bungie for a nice change and to be able to have some fun again without having to be ruthless and full of spite after spending half an hour dodging swf confirmed (friend list checks on non privates and lobby dodged when all are private) lobbies in order to feel it.

• Thatgurl_againThatgurl_again Member Posts: 241

I am a rank 1 survivor. I have been playing against the low ranks, and honestly I feel like I'm bullying them when I run in a straight line -_-

• C3ToothC3Tooth Member Posts: 1,212

Last night I had a few games as Demo, I noted how bad Survivors were (like down in 15sec). So I double hook each and then just down and leave to find another target. Like geez, the game kept going for half an hour and they couldnt finish 2 last Gen. Finally 5 Gen done, I let them all escape.

Post game: they were 4 Brown (Im Green killer). I gave them alot of chance to learn how to make a chase.