Home Dead by Daylight Forums Feedback Feedback and Suggestions

I installed the game 4 days ago, ######### MATCHMAKING???!!!!!!

Comments

• OrionOrion Member Posts: 21,675

Because I don't want to face rank 20 killers running a single perk.

• sulaimansulaiman Member Posts: 2,147

I think the skill difference between 5 and 1 is much higher than 13-8.

• DeadeyeDeadeye Member Posts: 3,303

Might be, would it still be an unplayable game for the rank 5 killer? Where he could learn nothing but frustration, taking into account that he could possibly take out the rank 12 pretty easy and therefore play a decent amount of time vs 3 survivors?

• Dennis_van_eijkDennis_van_eijk Member Posts: 1,331

@not_Queen @Peanits

So I've been wondering and I don't think the devs ever said anything about the subject, but do correct me if I'm wrong tho.

So how is the mmr calculated in the game?

For survivors, is it calculated by the amount of escapes you do, the overall scoring or the scoring per category?

Cause like I never play to escape I only make sure I pip and that's all.

I'm a survivor who always goes for the chases because I like that more that sitting on a gen the entire/most of the time.

For killer, is that based on the amount of sacrifices you do, by the overall scoring or per category?

I don't believe they ever mentioned how they calculate it, if they just use the current scoring/emblem system?

If they do than what is the point of the mmr if they use the same method as with the scoring/emblems?

I really love a clarification about how they calculate it, where the mmr is based off.

• wisdomwielderwisdomwielder Member Posts: 313

They won't say because they don't want people abusing it 😤

Honestly, I just want to know how complicated this supposed system is. It's kind of hard to tell right now if it even exists.

• Dennis_van_eijkDennis_van_eijk Member Posts: 1,331

Exactly, I'm very curious about the system too.

Like I said, I play for the chases and not to escape.

Escaping is fine and all, but totally not necessary to pip.

But if mmr is based on that part for survivor, than I get to a point where it is no more fun for me as for the killer

• evil_one_74evil_one_74 Member Posts: 312

We have played numerous matches, and I for one haven't noticed any real difference in the ranks of killers we get. Very inconsistent. The same way match making has been for months. Our ranks are 1, 8, 9, and 10 with 3+ years experience.

• MarigoriaMarigoria Member Posts: 3,523
    edited August 2020

I'm rank 3 right now, and devotion 14. I also play solo.

I'm still getting rank 20 team mates with 1 perk who can't hit skill checks, after 50+ games.

After how many matches are we supposed to have a working MMR?

• WeenieDogWeenieDog Member Posts: 1,459

I wonder if you're more likely, as a solo, to have a situation where the MM gives you 2 highs and 2 lows to average an MMR that accommodates what ever killer it finds.

I wish I could feel as annoyed as everyone else is, but my queue times are too long IMO to warrant playing more than 2-3 matches.

• edgarpoopedgarpoop Member Posts: 4,144

That's ridiculous and unacceptable if this is intended matchmaking. I'd argue that it makes the game unplayable for people like OP. Who wants to deal with that? This needs to be addressed and corrrected ASAP. That type of matchmaking is a game killer.

• batax90batax90 Member Posts: 879

Survivor need to play swf if they want to win right now. If they stay solo they will have 2 rank 30 in their team vs a rank 1 killer

• CrowmanCrowman Member Posts: 3,592

I had a match yesterday where I was just watching the survivors run to the edge of the map instead of running to nearby pallets. It was just so sad to watch.

• Madahala_Madahala_ Member Posts: 10
    edited August 2020

yup. im the rank 16 meg (madahala_) and i wanna ask why tf i was matched twice with rank 1's. ######### do u think ur doing, bhvr? please fix this, or come back to the good old rank system. what i see here, is garbage.

• notstarboardnotstarboard Member Posts: 3,636

Why /s? We know literally nothing about this game other than the screenshot. Rank =/= skill, and everyone agrees on that. The killer was rank 7, but they were also a Doctor using only Overcharge I, so it was probably their first game as Doctor under the new MMR. After this match the rank 20's skill should drop, the killer's should go up, etc. and the matches should get better going forward.

Plus, the killer ended up with 32k points and three survivors got up to 19-26k. That's a sign that the survivors probably made good progress on generators and they had a nice long match. In other words, it probably wasn't that unbalanced, even with the rank 20 and the killer probably having very little history for the system to work with.

Could there be more protection for rank 20s? Sure, but this system will protect them over time as all of the experienced players have a MMR to reflect their experience.

Let's wait more than 3 days before whining.

No it wasn't balanced. Were you there? No, you were not, so you have no clue how the match went at all.

Doctor is one of the easiest killers to get bloodpoints with, also the match was lengthy because he slugged a lot in a 3 gen situation.

MMR is supposed to get better after matches, not after "a few days".

It's clearly not working, at all.

Also for the people saying rank doesn't matter... if it didn't matter, why was everyone complaining about bad matchmaking before? That's why we got MMR in the first place.

And believe it or not, time played does increase your skill.

• RepostRiposteRepostRiposte Member Posts: 793

Why are you allowed to make assumptions about the killer's skill based on perks but nobody else can make assumptions about skill based on ranks (playtime this month)?

Surely someone who has played a minimum of a couple dozen hours this month will have some level of experience and someone who hasn't played DBD at all in the past 30 days must be new or at least rusty.

Besides, new players should absolutely have protection for their first 10 games or so; unless they read through the forums or research the game beforehand new players will assume there is no MMR and that unfun slaughterfests are the default, which they are.

"Were you there? No, you were not, so you have no clue how the match went at all."

That is literally my point. The forum is overflowing right now with screenshots just like this that don't say anything about how the match went, how good the players were, etc. We have no clue what the skill ratings of the people in the lobby are.

If you let Doctor 3-gen you and lost after a long struggle, that's not an unbalanced match. That's the survivors losing a winnable match because they messed up their gen spacing. It happens to the best of us, but it is what it is.

MMR needs everyone to have history to be able to effectively match them. Let's take a hypothetical where I'm the only person who has any match history. My skill is 500 and everyone else has 100. When I go to queue up, the game probably isn't going to wait 3 days until a few people at my level join the lobby. It's going to put me into a lobby with other people at rank 100 and it's going to see how they do. If they beat up on me, their skill will go up by a lot and mine will go down by a lot. If I beat up on them no one's rank will change much (since I was expected to win, with my higher skill) and they'll go onto their next game.

This is probably exactly what's happening right now, just less extreme. If many people queuing up have very little match history, it makes sense that the game would sometimes drop them into matches with people who do have history just to see how they'll do rather than letting queue times get out of control for the people who have been playing.

TL;DR Wait until the ranks have time to settle down before complaining on the forums.

My team mates were rank 20, I am rank 3 devotion 20. You can NOT compare us at all.

Everyone who just started the game wont be good at the game because they don't know workarounds.

Also in case you haven't read the title and thread, I have now over 70 matches after the new MMR, and is in fact still not working. It's looking the same it did when I had only 1 match.

TL;DR don't like a thread don't comment on it.

My point is exactly that we know nothing about the game. I say that explicitly in my comment. There are endless posts right now with screenshots showing mismatched ranks and whining about MMR, and I'm tired of them. So, I'm playing Devil's Advocate by throwing out one plausible situation that would have resulted in this screenshot without MMR being broken.

Read my reply to Marigoria above this for why we shouldn't be judging the MMR system yet. It's not necessarily enough for OP to have played a lot if most other people haven't. We have no idea how the algorithm works. All we know is that if they evaluate skill well the games will get better over time. It has been 3 days.

I'm fine with new players getting protection, but any new people who join after the MMR system is stable will have built in protection already. If you think about it that way it's not as critical of a problem to solve.