Home Discussions General Discussions

Why do we still have permanent destruction of hooks after sacrafice ?

KebekKebek Member Posts: 1,896

I would understand why it's in the game if hook spawns wouldn't be as bad as they can be. Some maps have such horrible hook spawns RNG that create situiations where only single hook spawns in a area around 2-3 gens and other hooks are either too far away or in unreachable positions due to walls, hills, etc.

I know that in most of games it's not that big of a deal but it's the same when for whatever reason 3 gens spawns like almost 10m from each other. It creates toxic situations where if feels like completeting your objective is impossible just due to game's RNG.

It forces killers to slug and bleedout survivors since they literally can't be hooked without stuggling out. In my opinion it's unneeded feature that doesn't benefit gameplay in any positive way and should be removed.

Comments

• BaschFonRonsenburgBaschFonRonsenburg Member Posts: 164

They aren’t permanent? I’m pretty sure they’re on an old 3 minute timer?

• KebekKebek Member Posts: 1,896

That's sabotage, I'm talking about when you complete survivor's sacrafice (kill them basically via hook) as killer, then the hook permanently breaks itself.

• TheRockstarKnightTheRockstarKnight Member Posts: 1,781

On most map layouts it's not a big deal, but yea, some maps with certain spawns can make it basically impossible to hook a Survivor if even just one or two hooks are broken.

It's one of the reasons I really liked old Hangman's Trick; it let me hook whoever whereever without having to look and think about where I should deathhook people to avoid making said hook dead zones.

• Vox_NocturneVox_Nocturne Member Posts: 545

When I've had Sabotage equipt, and the Killer collects a fallen survivor, the hooks appear to be arranged in circles when they light up.

In relation to this post, are the hooks arranged uniformly like this so that the distances between hooks will be equal distances? Are they measured in so that as long as hooks in close vicinity haven't been used or sabotaged the Killer has a fair chance of hooking?

Could that be why those hooks do not return once a sacrifice has been made? Just interested to know whether others have noted this. I wouldn't be against hooks coming back after a sacrifice, even though this has very rarely been an issue for me.

• CardgreyCardgrey Member Posts: 1,318

I agree. I had a match today were they would run to a corner and get downed as there was no hook within range to hook them with. As I was playing Ghostface unless I got lucky on a stalk. they would just run to that corner and let me down them. then I can pick them up we’re they go right back to said corner when they get off or I let them bleed and try to stop the others and then they get picked up. @Peanits whats your feelings on this?

• PigMainClaudettePigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

Hook responsible timers are 2:30, I believe. Old Sabotage used to be about the same, but is now only 30 seconds or something like that.

Original Sabotage USED to be permanent, but that got changed before I started and THAT is something I cam certain of.

• XombieRockerXombieRocker Member Posts: 110
    edited August 12

I was wondering if they had changed something about hook spawns. I've had a couple games in the last week or so where if I sacrifice 2 survivors in the same area of the map, it creates a dead zone where you can't hook anybody. I feel bad about the slugging that results, but what am I supposed to do?

Maybe hooks that were used to finish a sacrifice should come back after 2 min, like the old sabo.

• VeenVeen Member Posts: 699
    edited August 12

There hooks at every corner anyways, when you're hooked it'll be 100% you see another hook in your FOV.

• ArtickArtick Member Posts: 312

1.Hooks are everywhere.

2.Survivors have to be smart and avoid a 3 gen situation which is very hard in solos. Killers also have to be smart and avoid creating deadzones with no hooks. But somehow that's too much for them. Sure, if you make it so randoms can't get in a 3gen you can have all your hooks respawn.

• KebekKebek Member Posts: 1,896

Hook are everywhere since they are main way to complete killer's objective. Problem is when you get maps with hills, floors, walls etc that mess with hook generation since it doesn't take into account the bonus distance created by the obstacles.

I don't have much of a problem with it, I'll just slug everyone and force them to bleed out if I can't hook them due to poor RNG. Problem is, that isn't much fun for everyone. I don't mind slugging everyone for 4 min but I'd rather get over with the game at that point insted of waiting 4 min jusrt cause.

• Masochistic_KillerMasochistic_Killer Member Posts: 413

Pretty much. I'm forced to slug more than I'd like to, honestly.

• MadLordJackMadLordJack Member Posts: 3,402

The worst part is that a lot of genuinely toxic survivors know and abuse this. On occasion, I have had a hook deadzone in the map, usually a corner, into which the survivors run and essentially try to hold the game hostage. However, since I can technically slug them til bleed-out, it is not actually using the game hostage.

Normally, I'm not such a big 4k guy. I'll give hatch. I'll give gate. I'll commit to a pointless chase to let the last gen go. But if someone is that kind of toxic, I'm just gonna ruin their night while I go make myself a snack.

• HollowsGriefHollowsGrief Member Posts: 730

Some maps have areas where you can only get to a single hook. I have had numerous games where people would go into a map corner (Such as Ormond) and I would sacrifice said player, after that anytime I had someone in a chase they would run to that corner and I was completely unable to hook them. One hook gone and that area becomes completely safe. While there are other more pressing issues in the game this is something that should be looked into.