Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions
We are currently experiencing a server outage which is preventing players from connecting to the game; we are monitoring the situation and we'll give you a heads up once services are restored!
We have been investigating cases of distributed denial of services (DDoS) over the last week. We take these reports extremely seriously. We're actively monitoring the situation internally and with our partners to gather as much information as possible and identify trends.

We are terribly sorry to those who have been affected by these attacks- we understand the impact this has on you. We are taking every appropriate measure to ensure the safety of our players.

We encourage our players to report to us any cases of DDoS, as well as any other form of inappropriate or abusive behaviour in the game. In the meantime, we encourage you to stay safe and follow best practices for online safety.

The biggest issue with this game is...

RakimSockemRakimSockem Member Posts: 1,264
edited August 2020 in General Discussions

It's the community. By far. (you can skip ahead to paragraph 3 to get to my point)

We can talk all day about moris, keys, ds + unbreakable, tunneling, camping, gen speeds, slugging and all the many bugs this game has with people getting stuck in hills but the community is honestly what makes this game for frustrating than anything else.

Last night I had a match against a clown at Ormond. The lovely Claudette on our team DCd as soon as they got downed once (typical). So the match goes on and the killer tunnels and slugs people which is okay because they don't have to change their playstyle because one of our idiot teammates decided to DC. That's not the toxic part.

Towards the end of the match, he finally killed one of us and had me and someone else slugged. Instead of hook both of us, he just stands over me throwing bottles and keeping me slugged until both of us bled out. In post game chat, he comes in and says "I just wanted to hold at least one of you toxic SWF players and waste all of your time". Mind you I was STREAMING at the time and none of us were SWF (or at least I definitely wasn't and my teammates said they weren't either).

So of course me and the other 2 survivors that were there just laughed it off at how sweaty he was playing against 3 people and the killer then says. Told him to go get some friends and take a break. Small stuff. Then I left the chat. Apparently after I had left, he replied to me saying "Have fun living in fear of getting shot by the police every time you go outside" (I'm Black and live in America if anyone needs context on his awful attempt to troll)

Now I missed it of course because I had already left but the other 2 players reported him in game for that. He then decided to come to my Twitch channel (again because I was live at the time) and repeat the same thing (I had a friend screenshot and report it before I banned him)

Anyway, the TL'DR is There are so many people in this game who play with the sole purpose of attempting to ruin others gaming experiences and that to me is a far bigger issue than any of the things people actually complain about.

Comments

• PawcelotPawcelot Member Posts: 985

Its why I have disabled the chat and no one can leave comments on my Steam profile. I only suffer the harassment during the match itself and nowhere else. The community is too far gone for salvation at this point.

• MikeasaurusMikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,308

Before I came to this game a couple years ago, I heard all the usual horror stories of toxicity and I just laughed it off thinking there was no way it was as bad as people claimed. My god I wish I could go back to those innocent days. I received constant toxic messages on my Xbox profile for weeks after some matches, received death threats, slander, etc. I couldn't beleive how low people were willing to go over a game. I switched over to PS4 a few months back and my friend claimed it was much better than Xbox, but nope, the same again. I shouldn't have to make my profile private on PS4 or Xbox just to avoid people like this, since I've met some good people in the game, and others, but because of DbD and the absolute toxic salt you receive, I feel like the second your profile becomes public, you're just placing a target on yourself. I mean, there's always toxicness in any game, but DbD seems to go to levels beyond extreme.

• RakimSockemRakimSockem Member Posts: 1,264

That's why I keep TTV in my name when I'm live. Because I've actually made some of my amazing friends through having people come to my channel or by going to theirs.

But then you get people like I had last night and it's just like..... why are you like this???

• Dr_LoomisDr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,650

Agreed.

Whether it be the 'toxic' players with their in-game behaviour or the ridiculously narcissistic Muppet Show social media 'personalities'...the community is soul crushing.