Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Man for people thinking Freddy is bad

UsuiUsui Member Posts: 531

He sure does see a ton of play at rank 1.

Comments

• UsuiUsui Member Posts: 531

Not really, people just don't want a 24/7 tunnel fest which is why they usually kobex3 and leave the match. Unfun game design, boring to play, boring to play against. Nothing exciting about the killer at all he's the worst of all of them in design imo.

• Mc_HartyMc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293
    powerbats said:

For most people he's bad, but for those that will dedicate the time to playing him and mastering his full potential he does pretty good at rank 1. He's like Nurse only he's way less forgiving of mistakes on your parts as a killer.

He's anti-Nurse in my opinion.

Everything she's bad at, he's good and vice-versa.
  • NickNick Member Posts: 841

Boring to play, boring to play against and you need the stupid double block add ons to make him a tiny bit viable. Useless killer

• AmorePrincessAmorePrincess Member Posts: 220
    I like freddy. He was the first killer I decided to p3. But yeah, some matches he gets totally outplayed, but all killers can get outplayed depending on the team you face.
    Still really excited to see his re work, because as much as I love him, he still needs some attention. 

And I am red rank survivor, and I face many Freddys that knows what they are doing. Like someone said, its all about dedication.
  • SovererignKingSovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273
    I like freddy. He was the first killer I decided to p3. But yeah, some matches he gets totally outplayed, but all killers can get outplayed depending on the team you face.
    Still really excited to see his re work, because as much as I love him, he still needs some attention. 

And I am red rank survivor, and I face many Freddys that knows what they are doing. Like someone said, its all about dedication.
    Agreed. It all depends on how much effort and time a person puts into Freddy. As a Rank 1 Freddy player, biggest advice : Don’t be in a hurry to chase someone. If you know there are multiple people in he area, SLEEP EVERYONE, then chase someone. 
  • MojoTheFabulousMojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,012

He is exhausting to use, has poor defence and is quite RNG reliant. Sure, you can do good with him but he is still pretty bad.

• SovererignKingSovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273

He is exhausting to use, has poor defence and is quite RNG reliant. Sure, you can do good with him but he is still pretty bad.

I’ll agree with this. The level of micro-management with him is exhausting.
  • OrionOrion Member Posts: 21,675

Yes, yes, everyone has reached rank 1 with perkless Freddy.

• MasterMaster Member Posts: 10,200

@Tsulan said:
    Usui said:

This just means that it's to easy to reach rank 1.

It is, for both sides

• KilligmaKilligma Member Posts: 372

In my experience Freddy is bad because he is reliant on his add ons to even stand a chance. Playing a basic Freddy is a nightmare, no pun intended. And to be honest, it just shows how reaching rank 1 is easy if you put in enough time. That be said, hats off to people that can actually do well with Freddy and 4k, you little masochists.

• TheMidnightRidrTheMidnightRidr Member Posts: 553

@powerbats said:

@yeet said:

@powerbats said:
    For most people he's bad, but for those that will dedicate the time to playing him and mastering his full potential he does pretty good at rank 1. He's like Nurse only he's way less forgiving of mistakes on your parts as a killer.

lmao there's nothing to "master" about him
    he's a standard M1 killer who has to wait 7 seconds to hit anyone
    he's garbage and you'd be better off playing any other killer

So he has to wait 7 seconds to hit someone, how's that any different than a killer having to chase someone for 7 seconds if not more to get them? Since once they're in the dream world if eh's running a reduced skill checks/longer timers addons they're screwed. They either have to find someone to get them out or find a gen and hope he doesn't come after them.

If he's such garbage why do so many rank 1 killers play him and get 4ks pretty consistently with him?

I have recently been playing a lot of rank 1 survivor and I very, very rarely encounter a Freddy. The only time I do is when I am playing SWF with lower rank friends which in part make us face lower rank killers. The only thing strong about Freddy is his tracking ability. He doesn't have anything else to aid him in the chase or any ability to end it quicker unless he has certain exposing perks.

• OrionOrion Member Posts: 21,675

@powerbats said:

@yeet said:

@powerbats said:

lmao there's nothing to "master" about him
    he's a standard M1 killer who has to wait 7 seconds to hit anyone
    he's garbage and you'd be better off playing any other killer

So he has to wait 7 seconds to hit someone, how's that any different than a killer having to chase someone for 7 seconds if not more to get them? Since once they're in the dream world if eh's running a reduced skill checks/longer timers addons they're screwed. They either have to find someone to get them out or find a gen and hope he doesn't come after them.

If he's such garbage why do so many rank 1 killers play him and get 4ks pretty consistently with him?

Inquiring minds want to know: where's the data?

• ASpazNamedSteveASpazNamedSteve Member Posts: 1,783

He's oddly fun to play. I dunno if it's the challenge of him or what, but I still play him a decent amount.

• gibblywibblywoogibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,773
    edited September 2018
    Usui said:

The main reason freddy sucks is because hes relaint on slowly wearing dowm the survivors for the endgame. The problem is generators are completed too fast for him to make a decent dent.

If he gets all his remember me tokens and a dead obsession, throw in noed or just get all the remaining survivors in the dream abd you've already won.

The problem is his power having an incredibly low skill ceiling and being trash in a chase. Even doctor is better in a chase and he cannonly really counter vaults and unsafe pallets
  • White_OwlWhite_Owl Member Posts: 3,600
    edited September 2018

Yes, if played right he can be strong, his main problem imo is that he is anti-fun: he's the killer with the most potential to be bullied and his whole power asks survivors to loop him, since stealth and juking are in most of the case useless because of how his power works.
    That's a pity because I love the sound he makes with his weapon when he hits someone... I hope the rework makes him more fun for everyone.

• BossBoss Member, Trusted Posts: 13,578

I don't think he's bad...

I know so.

• BossBoss Member, Trusted Posts: 13,578

@Mycroft said:
    Well, we remember how it all started

I'd like to see another one of those, for recent matches.