Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions
We have been investigating cases of distributed denial of services (DDoS) over the last week. We take these reports extremely seriously. We're actively monitoring the situation internally and with our partners to gather as much information as possible and identify trends.

We are terribly sorry to those who have been affected by these attacks- we understand the impact this has on you. We are taking every appropriate measure to ensure the safety of our players.

We encourage our players to report to us any cases of DDoS, as well as any other form of inappropriate or abusive behaviour in the game. In the meantime, we encourage you to stay safe and follow best practices for online safety.

Do console players not go for saves?

I just played a match on Haddonfield where someone got hooked and they had Kindred. I was across the street and like 2 houses over in Haddonfield. There were 2 survivors who were literally at the gen in the next tile over from where our teammate was hooked. Pyramid Head was doing typical Pyramid Head things (camping)

Again person on hook had Kindred so we could all see each other. Those 2 did not move an inch and I had to run halfway across the map to barely pull our teammate off before she struggled.

Later in the same match, I eventually got caught and hooked. Then the killer went back after the person who was on hook the first time. She was the obsession so everyone can see she was being chased. What did the other 2 people do again? You guessed it. Stayed on their gens.

I went to struggle on first hook and Bill eventually only came for me once the gens were done. I only escaped because I had DS but lord what is up with this high prioritization of gens over saving people

Comments

• TragicSolitudeTragicSolitude Member Posts: 4,941

I play on PS4, and I almost never run Kindred because it often results in me dying on my first hook against non-camping killers. Kindred is great for making hook saves myself, but somehow things all go wrong when I'm the one on the hook.

• HeartboundHeartbound Member Posts: 2,701

I always thought that was a PC thing. I know if they're gonna be in a hook state for a while I'll finish my gen before going over to help.

Still, hooks dangerous. Killer might be on the map, gotta hide in a locker y'know?

• VaJayblesVaJaybles Member Posts: 426

They do, usually farmed or over altruistic where everyone is coming lol. I want to guess ruin, but if they were both on the same gen then one could have easily saved... I don't think this is a console problem. You just got your average potato squad

• RakimSockemRakimSockem Member Posts: 1,264

Nah there was actually no Ruin. That would've made a little more sense but nah. They just really wanted gens done and would not sacrifice any time to do anything else.

Killer ended up having NOED also which didn't really affect much because they tunneled me and I had d strike so it worked out. But lord, I've never had so many games of people not even attempting saves.

• DetailedDetrimentDetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632

As a PS4 player I can confirm that most players on my platform are scared of even a camping Wraith.

• KingFrostKingFrost Member Posts: 3,014

If the killer is camping, you just do gens. Seems they made the right call.