Something's strange about the next chapter...

I need to know this DEVS, why: Coulrophobia does not affect "Snap Out of It"

The excuse given a few months ago by the devs: "Coulrophobia will not affect the time it takes to Snap Out Of It because it is not considered 'healing"

The rework of the doctor, McLean made it that the state of "Snap Out Of" was a healing therefore from its rework and until today affect that state perks as: Thanatophobia and nurse calling (you see your aura when you are taking away the madness) and does not affect any perk anymore ... why are you leaving the perks of Coulrophobia out of their state?
Just as your rework is done, it should affect the state of "Snap Out Of" all healing perks, and if the perk of "Coulrophobia" is a perk of healing and yes "Snap Out Of" is a HEALING.

DEVELOPERS, Please do things right, if you do not want to do things right because simply, the doctor becomes more frustrating to play against him, say it but not lie to us. Things well done as they should be.

Comments

• CoolAKnCoolAKn Member Posts: 677
    edited September 2018

@meshugganah said:
    the doctor is just fine if you stay out of the red ranks.

That's not what the OP is asking. I have seen somewhere that Snap Out Of It was considered "healing," so it would make sense for killer perks that affect healing would therefore affect Snap Out Of It. If they don't consider it "healing" then they need to address their initial statement saying otherwise.

On the flip side, maybe they reconsidered Snap Out Of It as NOT a healing action, because it's mental healing, not physical healing? I'm not sure.

• Th3NightmareTh3Nightmare Member Posts: 595

@CoolAKn said:

@meshugganah said:

That's not what the OP is asking. I have seen somewhere that Snap Out Of It was considered "healing," so it would make sense for killer perks that affect healing would therefore affect Snap Out Of It. If they don't consider it "healing" then they need to address their initial statement saying otherwise.

On the flip side, maybe they reconsidered Snap Out Of It as NOT a healing action, because it's mental healing, not physical healing? I'm not sure.

Coulrophobia must affect... but... i dont know what happen with the devs.

• TizzleTizzle Member Posts: 308

Probably will just remove "snap out of it" being shown by Nurses Calling and Thana affecting speed.

It's not really a big deal.

• EsheonEsheon Member Posts: 469
    Logically, since the player is trying to "snap out of" madness, activating a phobia of theirs SHOULD make it more difficult. In terms of game balance and "is it fun?", it probably shouldn't.
  • gibblywibblywoogibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 55

@CoolAKn said:

@meshugganah said:

They HAVE commented on this. They said it would be too strong. Kind of a cop out but there you go.
  • SenzuDuckSenzuDuck Member Posts: 2,861

It would be rather annoying with a doctor build.

50% Longer Snap Out of It.
    50% more skill checks (So 3 - 5)
    Tiny/Random Skillcheck showing anywhere on the screen.

That does sound frustratingly un-fun.

But if they wanna try then go for it tbh.

• MasterMaster Member Posts: 10,208

@CoolAKn said:

@meshugganah said:

They HAVE commented on this. They said it would be too strong. Kind of a cop out but there you go.
    Not every killer is mean to be viable.
    But yeah, at rank 20 that build would probably be very strong with doc :wink:
  • OrionOrion Member Posts: 11,710

@Vankruze said:
    Didn't they say it was "like healing" and not actual healing? there's a difference.

Yet it triggers A Nurse's Calling, IIRC.

• RattmanRattman Member Posts: 587
    Nah, anti-heal Doctor build is fine already. Tru3Ta1ent did -4 in red ranks with it.
  • powerbatspowerbats Member Posts: 7,071
    edited September 2018

I was watching a pair of streams since 1 was a friend I'm made and 1 was someone who'd been in my matches. The latter was running a No Mither Claudette and was against a Doctor on Lery's. What caught my atttention is the Claudette streamer was also running Botany Knowledge along with Self Care.

Apparently and I don't know if this is true or not but Botany Knowledge helped speed up the Snap Out Of It progress. At least according to the streamer. Which brings up all sorts of interesting questions as well as ideas.

• GlobalGlobal Member Posts: 770

@CoolAKn said:

@meshugganah said:

Well saying that caulorophobia is a psychological fear of clowns so why woudlnt it hinder psychological healing?

• MegaWaffleMegaWaffle Member Posts: 2,171

@CoolAKn said:

@meshugganah said:

Problem there is Botany still effects it and unless Claudette brought her pipe I'm not so sure those are mental healing herbs.

• DocOctoberDocOctober Member Posts: 2,088

the official reasoning: they deemed an interaction too strong.

• xmenfanaticxmenfanatic Member Posts: 687

@MegaWaffle said:

@CoolAKn said:

@meshugganah said:

Problem there is Botany still effects it and unless Claudette brought her pipe I'm not so sure those are mental healing herbs.

She would still be able to discern what plants have calming effects on others.

@Global said:

@CoolAKn said:

@meshugganah said:

Well saying that caulorophobia is a psychological fear of clowns so why woudlnt it hinder psychological healing?

If we are getting technical here it doesn’t make sense to experience caulorophobia with the doctors abilities since he isn’t a clown and you don’t hallucinate clowns. The phobia would be pointless as a perk once you realized it was a doctor and the survivors realized the clown wasn’t showing up.

• MegaWaffleMegaWaffle Member Posts: 2,171

@xmenfanatic
    Let me tell you its difficult to perform mental medical test on patients and write a prescription while a deranged killer is after you. It took me nearly double the time to get my medical degree because of this.

@MegaWaffle said:
    @xmenfanatic
    Let me tell you its difficult to perform mental medical test on patients and write a prescription while a deranged killer is after you. It took me nearly double the time to get my medical degree because of this.

I could so see Claudette saying that!

“While you all were freaking out about cellular respiration, I had to practice plant taxonomy while hanging from a hook and wrestling a spider demon. “

“Youre tired of using flash cards? Be glad you didn’t have to deal with my resources.” claudette pulls out a chunk of tree bark from behind her that’s covered in blood

:p

• SanKa_GamesSanKa_Games Member Posts: 201

@CoolAKn said:

@meshugganah said:

Devs once said in one of the pre-Doc-buff streams that Snap Out of It will be a form of healing and that all the perks that affect healing will also affect it, including Botany Knowledge

And now, to the best part!

@Soren said:
    Devs: "Coulrophobia doesn't affect Snap Out of It because it is not a healing"
    Chat: "But Botany Knowledge does"
    Devs: "Oh, it's a bug"

Snap Out of It is considered as a heal since Doctor Cube.
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/16/1471967615869010456/

• GlobalGlobal Member Posts: 770
    edited September 2018

@xmenfanatic said:

@MegaWaffle said:

@CoolAKn said:

@meshugganah said:

@Global said:

@CoolAKn said:

@meshugganah said:

If we are getting technical here it doesn’t make sense to experience caulorophobia with the doctors abilities since he isn’t a clown and you don’t hallucinate clowns. The phobia would be pointless as a perk once you realized it was a doctor and the survivors realized the clown wasn’t showing up.

mind blown.

still dont know why caulorophobia works on other killers either xD

@Global said:

@xmenfanatic said:

@MegaWaffle said:

@CoolAKn said:

@meshugganah said:

@Global said:

@CoolAKn said:

@meshugganah said:

mind blown.

still dont know why caulorophobia works on other killers either xD

Lol, right?! Mind is so blown. Maybe they are all clowns at heart, hiding behind a psycho-murdery mask

• HellDescentHellDescent Member Posts: 1,966

Because they think they did a pretty good job so far.

• SnakeSound222SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 1,494

I really don't know. Snap Out of It is a healing action, meaning perks like A Nurse's Calling and Botany Knowledge affect it, and so should Coulrophobia. The devs think it's OP, but what about the players? I'm surprised that they haven't tried to put it into a PTB (or maybe even the live build because the PTB ends up deserted within a couple of days) and see how the playerbase reacts. If it turns out to be too OP, then they can remove it in a hotfix or not put it into the live build. If not, then it gives Doctor another tool to slow the game down (even if it's just for a few extra seconds).