Home Technical Issues
We're currently investigating issues with frame rate on PS4 after the most recent update. Thank you to everyone for bringing this to our attention, and for your patience while we look into this

Lag

I used to have a pretty amazing connection most games with worse wifi than what i have now.

then when dedicated servers happened my games weren't as silky smooth but it wasn't really a problem aside from the occasional lag spike.

one day a few months ago I randomly started lagging really really badly in almost every game. like id have a great connection, and then out of nowhere I would suddenly be 12 feet away from where I was before, or ill be in a chase and when I slam a pallet the game will freeze for like.6 seconds, and then suxdenly im either like 12 feet away again on the ground or im already being carried (either way the pallet never got slammed)

I've been hit by Hatchets from around corners and through walls (not barely around corners like i was a solid 10 feet around the corner and I couldn't even see the killer when I went down). I have endless examples but its a lot to type out and im lazy lol

my internet is consistently between 200mbps-230mbps down and around 11 up, my computer isn't a monster by any means but it should certainly be able to run this game. it can run every other game I've used on it pretty flawlessly, so I'd be shocked if the issue was on my end.

I lowered the game settings, also didn't help.

what can I do? or am I just screwed until the devs do something about it?

Comments

• KhaineGBKhaineGB Member, Mod Posts: 4,003

For a start, i'd stop using wifi.

Because there's WAY too much that can affect it. Like if your neighbour got a new microwave, or a new router, and it happens to be using a similar channel to your wifi. The channel then gets crowded, and even though it'll report "good signal" it could perform badly.

So the first thing i'd do is plug in ethernet and see if that resolves it. If not, i'd then reboot the router, and THEN switch to using Google DNS after all that fails to see if that helps.