Home Share Your Work Creations

Community Challenge, be creative - Design your own Perk

Comments

• MarsheiraaMarsheiraa Member Posts: 5

You Can Run: Fate is sealed the moment your eyes meet.

Get notified when any Survivor is looking directly in your direction and standing within a range of 32 meters.

When a Survivor within 32 meters of you has direct line of sight for longer than 1.5 seconds, they scream and you gain 5% Haste for 3/4/5 seconds.

The effects of You Can Run can only be triggered once every 60/50/40 seconds.

(Kinda like the killer's own little Spine Chill, applies to the camera, not the model)

• Shymare_11Shymare_11 Member Posts: 253

Imagine this on a stealth killer, chases would be much short cuz while they sneak up on the survivor and just stay barely in their fov, which is very large, and get both a haste boost and a free hit. This could also be fairly buggy because survivors see in third person, but I like the concept and it would make for some funny plays.

• MarsheiraaMarsheiraa Member Posts: 5

I think it'll be a little bit like Spirit Fury or the like, where it's a surprise upon first use and grants an easy hit, but the survivors will have to be more cautious from then on. And ik it's possible, considering Ghost Face reveals, so it would likely function very similar, except their won't be a highlight telling you how close you'll be to popping the perk on survivor side.

• jeekaejeekae Member Posts: 14

“That’ll show em”

Your past experiences of being taken out early have taught you how to remain calm in the most dire of situations

If the killer is within 28 meters of the hook, your sacrifice timer will be paused indefinitely until the killer vacated the area, you receive the broken status for 80/70/60 seconds

• SleepyWilloSleepyWillo Member Posts: 981

Hex: Hopes Breath.

For every dull totem standing this Hex gains a token. For every token, one survivor has the exhausted status and will retain the exhausted status until either the Hex totem or correlated dull totem is cleansed.

"Survivors feel anxiousness and dread constricting on their lungs... Their panic shortens their breaths".

I feel this exemplifies Hex totems. Its massively high risk with a massive high reward while also being somewhat counterable.

I like this, it would almost literally end face camping or camping in general. But I have two questions or problems. How does the isn’t the radius pretty big and when does the perk activate? The first one is more of an opinion but 28 meters is a fairly large space, I think 18 or 20 meters at the most should be good, but once again it’s an opinion. Next, is there a timer for how long the killer must stay within the radius for it to activate or is there something else. If this perk is meant to punish campers, I think it shouldn’t activate when the killer isn’t actually camping. So if it activates every time the killer put you on hook and they leave, it doesn’t really matter. All that happens is that when you get off hook, you get the broken status effect. Is it going to be a gamble perk? Where if the killer acts in a certain way they are “punished”; but if they don’t, you’re “punished”. Anyways, cool idea but those are my concerns about it.

• Ryan489xRyan489x Member Posts: 648

Here's a quick idea, what about a perk that marks people who help someone that a killer hurts. but the draw back would be that the person you hurt could see your aura for 4 seconds or something. I'm not a dev so I most likely have not idea what I'm doing.

• ChordycepsChordyceps Member Posts: 324

I actually designed a whole new system of perks called Dead Zone perks. These are perks that apply to specific areas of the map. You can read the post I made about this system and some example perks here:

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/171523/new-killer-perk-system-suggestion-dead-zone-perks#latest

• SurpriseSurpriseSurpriseSurprise Member Posts: 1,515

Survivor: Animal Whisperer

Pressing the "Come to me" emote button within 4m of undisturbed crows allies them to you. These crows will no longer be alerted by you, and will alert you if you're within 24/32/40m if they become disturbed. (Once disturbed, they will become alerted by you again)

• SpasticLlamaSpasticLlama Member Posts: 60
    edited September 2020

Here are some of my ideas for Perks! I hope you find them interesting! :3

Post edited by SpasticLlama on

15% penalty to movement speed within Terror Radius is way too busted. Like OP lol.

• OniKobayashiOniKobayashi Member Posts: 270
    edited September 2020

Hemophilia: Your love of malice and desire to cause suffering leaves a bloody mess in your wake. Each time you hit a Survivor, Hemophilia activates, empowering you and your actions:

• Kicking a generator does instant 10% damage, and locks all Survivors out from resuming repairs to it for 10 seconds.
    • Breaking a wall or pallet is instant, and causes all nearby dropped pallets to also break.
    • Your next hit has 50% faster cooldown, and all actions are 25% faster for 30 seconds.
    • Once the gates are powered on, hitting a healthy Survivor causes others within 12 meters to become Exposed for 10 seconds.

Hemophilia has a cooldown ranging from 10-30 seconds based on the action performed.

• DeadeyeDeadeye Member Posts: 3,055
    edited September 2020

Survivor - Conviction of the Versed:

Succeeding a good skillcheck gives you one stack, up to a maximum of 5 stacks. Great skillchecks can exceed the maximum stacks to 8/9/10.

With 5 stacks the perk activates. While the perk is active, sabotaging and unhooking action speed is increased by 50% and failing a skillcheck prevents the regression and killer notification.

Finishing a sabotage or unhook action or failing a skillcheck consumes 5 stacks, when the perk is active.

(Probably sabotage or unhook could be exchanged with other cool actions that are more useful, but nothing with increased repair speed though ^^)

Fireside Trash- Around the campfire, you can occasionally find the remnants of previous survivor belongings.

When you bring in an item WITHOUT any addons. You have a 25% chance to bring in a random addon for that item. This addon will be of uncommon/rare/very rare or lower rarity. You also have a 0/5/10% chance to gain an additional addon, however, it will at most common/uncommon/rare. Any addons given by this perk cannot be kept after the trial though any method. (Author’s note: so you have a 25% chance to bring in one, but assuming you got that 25% chance, you only have at most a 10% chance of getting a second addon. This a 2.5% chance of getting both addons, not even including the probability of getting both addons to be very rare and rare while also being synergistic. TL;DR: it isn’t op.)

”These may be useful but who in world is littering here?!”

Vulture- Your lack of morals lead you to find the hidden treasure within dead survivors.

When a survivor dies, you will gain the option to “scavenge” their body. When doing this action, you will have a 50% chance of finding a random item. This item will only at most be of rare rarity. The item will, also, have only 50/60/70% of its charges left. Any item found is able to be kept after the trial.

”How did you hide a wrench in there? Welp, it’s mine now.”

Frugal: You are very conservative of how you use your resources, to the point where some may call you cheap.

Gain a 30/45/60% increase to item efficiency, but also gain a 25/20/15% decrease to item speed (ie. repair speeds when using a tool box or healing speeds when using a med kit).

“That enough gauze! It stopped most of the bleeding, you’re fine.”

Stuffed to the Brim- You are more keen to find something good in chests. Maybe you find more too.

When searching a chest, you have a 25/30/35% chance of finding an additional item. You also have a higher chance (20%) of finding items of a higher rarity.

”I think these could also be of some assistance.”

Trapped Chests- [can’t think of a description, if anyone wants to try go ahead]

At the start of a trial, 2/3/4 chests on the map (If possible) become trapped. The auras of chests are revealed to you. Any survivor that interacts with these chests will have to do a very difficult skill check after searching. If they succeed, then both a visual notification and audio notification is shown where the chest is. If failed, the survivor is afflicted with the exposed status effect for 30 seconds, their aura is revealed for 6, and both a visual notification and audio notification is shown where the chest is. All trap chests have a 50% chance of giving any survivor that searches it, whether or not they fail the skill check, nothing.

Fair enough, it can see in retrospect that may be very powerful. Maybe instead 6-7% and when the killer is stunned, the perk goes on a cool down? Like 40-80 seconds?

The whole perk in general isn't really a good one, not to be rude or anything. The movement speed penalty is too strong to be tied to terror radius no matter the number. And the regression one is interesting, but too RNG based like Autodidact.

• leviivelleviivel Member Posts: 21

hex: obsessive link, bind them and fill them with connective fear, you become obsessed with one survivor, the first survivor you hit that isn’t the obsession will suffer from obsessive link, when obsessive link is active on a survivor, both the obsession and the obsessive link survivor take damage if one is hit, the hit that apply’s obsessive link will not damage both players, if the obsession is switched, the old obsession suffers from obsessive link after a 60/50/40 second delay. This hex persist’s until cleansed.

• DontleaveSayorihangiDontleaveSayorihangi Member Posts: 7
    edited September 2020

A Hex perk:

After successfully hitting a survivor 8/7/6 times all survivors are afflicted with the Exposed status effect for 30 seconds

• SekhwekSekhwek Member Posts: 4

[url=https://shayaripro.in/punjabi-status/]status punjabi[/url]. good information

I guess we can all have our opinions. Thanks you your criticisms tho!

Philanthropist- You were well known for your kind and charitable action towards the weak and needy.

For every altruistic action, gain a stackable 5% blood point bonus, to a maximum of 75/100/125% towards all categories. This effect will apply to you and the survivor with the least amount of blood points (if you are that survivor, it will apply to the survivor with the second least amount of blood points). The blood point bonus will be awarded after the trial.

”Donations to the poor only come back to the rich’s pockets, so might as well start moving the money now.”

Blood Pact- You are willing to sacrifice anything to help others, even your health.

When healing a survivor that is either injured or dying WITHOUT an item, you can press the secondary action button. After which, you will be put into the injured health state and be inflicted with the hemorrhage status effect for 20 seconds. However, the survivor healed will instantly gain a health state and gain the haste (+10% movement speed) status effect for 2 seconds. This perk can only be activated if the you are both in the healthy health state and healed the injured/dying survivor to at least 70/60/50% progress. This perk has no cool down.

“Since you lost a lot of blood, I’ll give you some of mine. Don’t worry whether or it will work, trust me!”

Knock Out- You need to make a choice, if only it did required throwing your stuff.

When you are holding an item that has sufficient charge, you can hold the active ability button to charge your throw (base time takes about 10-12 seconds depending on the item). After it is fully charge and aimed at something, you can release the active ability button to throw the item. This will alert the killer (visually) when the item collided with an object, and if it thrown at the killer, it will stun them for 4 seconds. However, this cost the item to lose 60/50/40% of its charges and if it is not picked up in a 30 second time period it will disappear. If the item does not have sufficient charges, the action will consume the item instead and if it were to stun the killer it will only stun for 2 seconds. [author’s note: Is the charge penalty to light?]

“I hope you like the taste of screws!”

Tripped Up- Make them trip and stubble, only for them to fall into despair.

If you are in a chase with a survivor that has the exhausted status effect and is running, they will have a 10/15/20% chance of tripping. When they trip, that survivor will be forced to walk for a short (1-2 second) period of time and are unable to perform rushed actions. If the survivor is also injured, they will have a slightly higher (+5%) percent chance of tripping.

”The faster you ran, the more you delay the inevitable. If only takes one slip up to ruin everything. It is only a matter of time.”

Bull Rush- Your strength and reflexes give you the ability to quickly pick up and carry others before they can react.

When you are within grabbing distance (3-6 meters) from a survivor, your melee attack will instead grab the survivor even if they are not in position to be grabbed (ie. performing an action, vaulting, etc.). However, the struggle (wiggle) progress bar will start at 50/40/30%. This action will not occur for lunge attacks or special abilities.

”[insert quote here]”

Locker Blocker- You can call upon the entity to block or trap survivors who deem a locker as their safe haven.

When you check a locker and find it empty, this perk will activate and the locker’s aura will be revealed to you. If a survivor were enter that locker, the killer alerted visually and no longer see the aura of that locker. The survivor that entered that locker is now trapped in that locker for 15 seconds, in which the killer can pull them out during or after that period. This perk can be used on 4/5/6 lockers at once and has a 60 second cool down between uses.

”Are you claustrophobic? Yes? Good.”

Bull rush sounds pretty cool!

Locker Blocker is also an interesting idea.

I think the RNG base of Tripped Up will be more annoying than a fun perk. An example, your running away from the Killer about to escape and then you just randomly start walking. You know what I mean? Also, It may not be fun for the Killer either cause of RNG. There is a high chance of nothing happening and it being a wasted perk slot. It is an interesting idea though. Maybe some tweaks here and there. :3

yea I can see it but I envision like an animation or indicator for when you trip and I can see how it could become useless if the RNG is not on your side. But if you have at least decent luck it could work out on stealth killers who can get a sneaky hit and now the survivor they’re chasing has a 25% chance of tripping. It would also be somewhat counterable by two factors: not running and not using an exhaustion perk/getting exhausted(ie perks/addons that give exhaustion on the killer side). Yea maybe it could used in funny meme builds tho or someone finds some killer, perk, addon, offering synergy that absolutely op. Who knows?

• simon9072015simon9072015 Member Posts: 33

-Professional Discretion

Passing quickly and without attracting much attention is quite good for you because of your training.

Your grunts and groans when falling are silenced by 100%.

the sound of your steps when walking or running is silenced by 25/50/75% and your speed to jump windows and pallets is increased by 0/5/10%.

-Prey and hunter:

Make the enemy believe that he has you right where he wants you by not showing your full potential.

being in pursuit for 45 seconds will charge the perk. Once charged the next stun that you produce the killer by a pallet will be increased by an extra 1/2/3 seconds.

-Lesson learned:

You know well that mistakes are good, you learn from them to improve and not make them again.

If you receive an attack that leaves you in a dying state while jumping from a window, pallet, or falling from a certain height, the perk is activated.

If you jump out of a window, pallet, or fall from a height while injured and in pursuit, you gain Resilient status for: the entire action / 1 second after the action ends / 2 seconds after the action ends. (one per trial)

Vault Kick- With some extra force you can add some power to your vaults.

You vault 5/10/15% faster. When performing a rush vault, you will vault an extra 20% faster and, if you fast vault into the killer (a 3-6 meter radius), the killer is stunned for 5 seconds. After which, you are exhausted for 50 seconds. You cannot receive the rushed vault bonus or stun the killer with this perk while exhausted. You do not recover from exhaustion while running. [Author note: this perk will take priority over lithe]

”Aim for the chest, if you have the guts”

Assistant- You work well with others, even though you do more than them.

When doing cooperative actions, gain a 30/40/50% action speed increase towards that action. Gain 100% more blood points towards the objective category. Blood points will be awarded after the trial.

“This ain’t a school project so do your part.”

Put a pin in it- Your diligence despite the situation gives you enough skill to put anything you do on hold for a bit.

When you are doing a LONG action (ie. repairs, healing, sabotage, cleansing, etc) and are unable to complete it, it’s progress will be unable to be regressed for 20/30/40 seconds. The object that you cannot finished will be highlighted for that period of time for you. This perk has a 60 second cool down.

”When... at least I got something.”

• SurpriseSurpriseSurpriseSurprise Member Posts: 1,515

Killer: Hunter's Eye

Vegetation that has been disturbed by Survivors has a slight highlight to it for 5s. Vegetation within 2/3/4m of you is slightly transparent.

Killer: Lingering Dread

When you Hook a Survivor, if you had Injured another Survivor prior, that Survivor Screams, revealing their Position for 4s and becoming Exposed for 40/50/60s.

• MrPeterPFLMrPeterPFL Member Posts: 591

Every man for themselves

People are expendable, have the ability to push your teammate on to the ground, stunning them for a few seconds and leaving them exposed.

Can only use this perk once per trial.

• PotatoPatPotatoPat Member Posts: 13
    edited September 2020

Survivor Perk

Hail to the Chief (Baby) (Ash Williams Perk)

For 5/10/15 seconds after you have successfully stunned or blinded the killer, you gain a 2/4/6% haste speed increase. However, your aura is revealed to the killer for 5/10/15 seconds and you are unable to heal (yourself/others), repair generators, unhook survivors, sabotage hooks, unlock chests, or open exit gates.

Other survivors gain a 10/15/20% increase to healing, generator repair, unhooking, sabotaging, chest unlocking, exit gate opening speeds.

This can only be activated once every 180 seconds (or once per trial).

Post edited by PotatoPat on