The 3.4.1 hotfix is rolling out on Steam and PS4, with Xbox and Windows Store following soon. For patch notes, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/110295/
The disconnect penalty test will take place sometime after the update is released on PC platforms and Switch™.
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Who else noticed...

Time it takes to repair all gens: 110 seconds

Time to kill on hook: 120 seconds

Comments

• BrawlerBrawler Member Posts: 308

So true

• KiraElijahKiraElijah Member Posts: 1,161
    Delfador said:

Is killer AFK because it is not normal to finish generators in 110 seconds. I have played more than 900 hours and didn't experience anything like this.

If we are going to talk about theories here is mine.

One survivor is afk. You down and hook him in 10 seconds. Three people run to save him and you down all of them with your chainsaw. All of them attempt to escape and fail and don't struggle and die.

Who else noticed...

Time to kill all survivors: 60 seconds

Ez.

I think both killers and survivors should be more reasonable.

You kill survivors in 60 seconds if they’re pretty much begging you
  • GlobalGlobal Member Posts: 770

The generator time was dropped when face camping was a thing which they also increased hook times as a way to counter it i think they should be rolled back since you know face camping isnt possible now.

• DelfadorDelfador Member Posts: 2,553

@KiraElijah said:
    Delfador said:

Is killer AFK because it is not normal to finish generators in 110 seconds. I have played more than 900 hours and didn't experience anything like this.

One survivor is afk. You down and hook him in 10 seconds. Three people run to save him and you down all of them with your chainsaw. All of them attempt to escape and fail and don't struggle and die.

Who else noticed...

Ez.

You repair generators in 110 seconds if the killer is pretty much begging you.

Delfador said:

@KiraElijah said:
    Delfador said:

Who else noticed...

Ez.

You repair generators in 110 seconds if the killer is pretty much begging you.

Delfador said:

Who else noticed...

Ez.

I was talking total gen time, not factoring moving around/ chases
  • Grey87Grey87 Member Posts: 346

@KiraElijah said:

If it's supposed to be a joke , then why is one thing true and the other isn't?

• Wolf74Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

@Grey87 said:

@Global said:
    The generator time was dropped when face camping was a thing which they also increased hook times as a way to counter it i think they should be rolled back since you know face camping isnt possible now.

Gotta love how crybaby killer mains come with their "face camping is not possible" as a reason to buff killers as if them not blocking the hook means that camping is fine ... especially leatherface, right? Those people obviously don't care at all about the survivor side.

Also , I think it was dropped because "camping" IS a thing , not "facecamping" or "was"...

Maybe we say this because "camping is fine"?
    It is intended gameplay… and it isn't even effective unless the survivor make it effective.

• NMCKENMCKE Member, Trusted Posts: 6,043
    edited September 2018
    Delfador said:

Who else noticed...

Ez.

As a Pig main, games are usually 5 minutes long if the survivors are extremely competitive but otherwise, your looking at 10 to 20 minutes games. A lot of killer's say "2 minute" games but even myself with 600 hours haven't had a game where all generators are powered on in 2 minutes.
  • Wolf74Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

@Nickenzie said:

As a Pig main, games are usually 5 minutes long if the survivors are extremely competitive but otherwise, your looking at 10 to 20 minutes games. A lot of killer's say "2 minute" games but even myself with 600 hours haven't had a game where all generators are powered on in 2 minutes.

All 4 survivor jump on different gens asap (5-10 sec)
    Only one survivor can get chased at a time, everyone else stick to his gen.
    60-80 seconds later 3 gens should be done and the first victim hooked.
    Now either a) killer is camping and the remaining gens will be done in another 60-80 sec or b) killer is not camping -> free unhook and heal -> repeat the above.
    = 120 - 160 seconds to do all gen
    This leaves another 1- 2 minutes to open the gates and you are still way under 5 min.

Grey87 said:

@KiraElijah said:

If it's supposed to be a joke , then why is one thing true and the other isn't?

Who said it’s a joke?
  • GlobalGlobal Member Posts: 770

@Grey87 said:

@Global said:

Gotta love how crybaby killer mains come with their "face camping is not possible" as a reason to buff killers as if them not blocking the hook means that camping is fine ... especially leatherface, right? Those people obviously don't care at all about the survivor side.

Also , I think it was dropped because "camping" IS a thing , not "facecamping" or "was"...

camping is fine the devs said it face camping was abusing mechanics and is fixed now so yea its not crying its like how they fixed maps and nerfed bloodlust.

Wolf74 said:

@Nickenzie said:

Now either a) killer is camping and the remaining gens will be done in another 60-80 sec or b) killer is not camping -> free unhook and heal -> repeat the above.
    This leaves another 1- 2 minutes to open the gates and you are still way under 5 min.

Okay, that's all cool and all but it's easier said than done. LINK me a generator rush video that shows all generators being powered on in 2 minutes! :)
  • lyriclyric Member Posts: 611
    Delfador said:

Who else noticed...

Ez.

It takes 80 seconds  per generator to repair so that is not accurate , even teaming up you couldn’t do them all during one hook 
  • TsulanTsulan Member Posts: 5,453
    Nickenzie said:
    Wolf74 said:

@Nickenzie said:

Okay, that's all cool and all but it's easier said than done. LINK me a generator rush video that shows all generators being powered on in 2 minutes! :)
    I got one for 3 minutes on rank 1. But that doesn't count, right?
  • MasterMaster Member Posts: 10,208

@Delfador said:

Who else noticed...

Ez.

Those numbers are only raw numbers assuming noone hidnering them from doing objectives.
    But as a 900 hour player (at leats if you played killer too) you should know how fast a SWF can knock out gens if they want to

• SenzuDuckSenzuDuck Member Posts: 3,306

@Mycroft said:

@Nickenzie said:
    Wolf74 said:

@Nickenzie said:

Challenge accepted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=67&v=rJqFxk8U0OY

Gens got powered in 2:57.
    Solid 2 minute gen rush there.

• TsulanTsulan Member Posts: 5,453

@Mycroft said:

@Nickenzie said:
    Wolf74 said:

@Nickenzie said:

Challenge accepted.

Can you show a current patch game that is that quick. 2016 had brand new parts which was broken, and got nerfed.

Video is 6 months old. No BNP used.
    Your point is?
  • DelfadorDelfador Member Posts: 2,553

@Master said:

@Delfador said:

Who else noticed...

Ez.

Those numbers are only raw numbers assuming noone hidnering them from doing objectives.
    But as a 900 hour player (at leats if you played killer too) you should know how fast a SWF can knock out gens if they want to

I do play and know the gen rush SWF groups. Gen rush is the most broken thing in this game period.

Saying it takes 110 seconds is disingenuous though. I gave my raw number to kill all survivors as well which is 60 seconds. Does it happen? No.

• Tzeentchling9Tzeentchling9 Member Posts: 1,796
    edited September 2018
    SenzuDuck said:

@Mycroft said:

@Nickenzie said:
    Wolf74 said:

@Nickenzie said:

Challenge accepted.

Gens got powered in 2:57.
    Solid 2 minute gen rush there.

Feel free to ignore the fact that one person didn't start a gen until after the 1:25 timestamp.
  • BloodyNightsBloodyNights Member Posts: 263

@Tsulan said:
    BloodyNights said:

@Mycroft said:

@Nickenzie said:

Wolf74 said:

@Nickenzie said:

Challenge accepted.

Can you show a current patch game that is that quick. 2016 had brand new parts which was broken, and got nerfed.

Your point is?

Ah I could have sworn I saw 2016 for it's date. I see that I was mistaken, or maybe I clicked on something else while watching it. Also why did the killer never even attempt to protect his gens?

Tsulan said:
    Nickenzie said:
    Wolf74 said:

@Nickenzie said:

Link me the YouTube video! :+1:
  • Tzeentchling9Tzeentchling9 Member Posts: 1,796

@Tsulan said:
    BloodyNights said:

@Mycroft said:

@Nickenzie said:

Wolf74 said:

@Nickenzie said:

Challenge accepted.

Your point is?

Ah I could have sworn I saw 2016 for it's date. I see that I was mistaken, or maybe I clicked on something else while watching it. Also why did the killer never even attempt to protect his gens?

He did though. He lucked out and found Marth almost immediately, chased him for a bit, and left him to check gens when Marth entered the dreaded grim pantry.

@Delfador said:

@Master said:

@Delfador said:

Who else noticed...

Ez.

I do play and know the gen rush SWF groups. Gen rush is the most broken thing in this game period.

Saying it takes 110 seconds is disingenuous though. I gave my raw number to kill all survivors as well which is 60 seconds. Does it happen? No.

It is impossible to kill all survivors within 60 seconds, even if they all wait in the basement for you to hook them. It takes 2 minutes for a single survivor to die on hook

@Nickenzie said:
    Tsulan said:

Nickenzie said:

Wolf74 said:

@Nickenzie said:

Link me the YouTube video! :+1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=67&amp=&v=rJqFxk8U0OY

This discussion has been closed.