Why no Attempt to escape hook when last one alive?

I dont get it. Why cant I attempt to escape hook when I'm the last survivor remaining.

Comments

• PigNRunPigNRun Member Posts: 327
    edited September 9

First of all, because you posted in the Bug Reports section, its not a bug, its an intended mechanic. It was added some time ago because letting the last Survivor go through all the hook stages took ages.

Second, whats the point? The killer will be nearby, unless he is off somewhere breaking leftover pallets for points, and will smack you back down instantly. If the killer wanted to give you the escape, he would have not hooked you. So, basically, the match is already over if you are hooked as the last guy.

• NessyJestyNessyJesty Member Posts: 21

Although the slippery meat perk is useless then and camping is a legit strategy it's part of the game with the auto lock on lunge that can 180 even if they miss :unamused:

• LanzLanz Member Posts: 2

@NessyJesty said:
    Although the slippery meat perk is useless then and camping is a legit strategy it's part of the game with the auto lock on lunge that can 180 even if they miss :unamused:

If the camera makes a 180° turn after what you call a "missed hit" and "an auto lock on lunge" then the hitbox of his melee dit hit your survivor's hitbox.
    The game just turns the killer's camera to make it look less akward to see and so it doesnt look like he hit you from behind.
    Stay on topic.

• OrionOrion Member Posts: 2,764

Get off the hook->Killer hits you->Back on the hook

Why should the Killer have to wait for you to die on the hook when he's already won?