The November 2019 Developer Update is now available: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/103996/
Chapter 14 Teaser:
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Should The Pig be able to re-trap the same survivor multiple times?

I was playing The Pig a day or two ago and I kinda got gen-rushed and I kept finding this one Jake player over and over again. Needless to say I put a RBT on him twice and he got it off both times. Then the gates got powered and I trapped him a third time and he had a unbreakable and just killed himself at the gate.

How do you guys feel about The Pig being able to re-trap the same survivor multiple times? I kinda felt like a douche for targeting that Jake but I legit couldn’t find anybody else. They were all immersive Claudette’s and Jake stuck out like a sore thumb.

Comments

• CoolAKnCoolAKn Member Posts: 677

Don't feel bad for using traps on the same survivor. Clearly, they aren't very good at hiding. I think it's better than going the whole match only using 1 trap due to not finding the others. It's kind of a waste of a power that isn't the greatest to begin with.

• Mister_HoldoutMister_Holdout Member Posts: 1,298

I don't think you should feel bad.

And no, I don't see a problem with putting multiple traps on one survivor.

That would make Pig kinda weak I think actually.

• iceman2kxiceman2kx Member Posts: 462

IMO the Jigsaw boxes should shuffle every couple minutes or so.

• serabeth90serabeth90 Member Posts: 100
    I think you should have enough RBTs to trap everyone twice and that they shouldn’t be able to see jigsaw auras until the timer starts. So no...you’re essentially asking forgiveness for tunneling a survivor that was not as strong of a player as the other 3. This happens to me all the time as a survivor and I don’t get upset; I’m still learning and my teammates are generally better players than I am.  
  • Dabrownman1812Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,793
    I think you should have enough RBTs to trap everyone twice and that they shouldn’t be able to see jigsaw auras until the timer starts. So no...you’re essentially asking forgiveness for tunneling a survivor that was not as strong of a player as the other 3. This happens to me all the time as a survivor and I don’t get upset; I’m still learning and my teammates are generally better players than I am.  
    Trapping twice is too powerful as they can be used more recklessly. Not seeing box auras ok, but 8 traps is a lot. Pro pigs just need 4, 8 is demonic as most characters are dead before needing two traps. 
  • MegMain98MegMain98 Member Posts: 1,523

@serabeth90 said:

8 traps is SUPER powerful for The Pig. IMO max amount should be no more than 6. Jigsaw boxes shouldn’t light up for survivors until the timer starts. It shouldn’t be an add-on, it should be already included in the base set of The Pig.

I guess I was feeling mercy for the Jake player since I’ve been in that position before. I killed the Ace in the beginning and then the other two Claudette’s rushed the gens and Jake was just out in the open. It was the cornfield by the way and that map is not one of my favorites as I suffer heavily from corn blindness. I have a tough time as Myers and The Pig is WAY shorter than Myers. It was hell to say the least. Jake was just the easiest to find since Claudette usually blends into the corn.

I let him get the traps off while I tried chasing the Claudette players. I typically don’t tunnel the player with the RBT on their head, no point in doing that when you MAY be able to get a death due to that. Every time he got the RBT off I found him almost instantly. Poor Jakey Poo 😢

• serabeth90serabeth90 Member Posts: 100
    MegMain98 said:

@serabeth90 said:

8 traps is SUPER powerful for The Pig. IMO max amount should be no more than 6. Jigsaw boxes shouldn’t light up for survivors until the timer starts. It shouldn’t be an add-on, it should be already included in the base set of The Pig.

I guess I was feeling mercy for the Jake player since I’ve been in that position before. I killed the Ace in the beginning and then the other two Claudette’s rushed the gens and Jake was just out in the open. It was the cornfield by the way and that map is not one of my favorites as I suffer heavily from corn blindness. I have a tough time as Myers and The Pig is WAY shorter than Myers. It was hell to say the least. Jake was just the easiest to find since Claudette usually blends into the corn.

I let him get the traps off while I tried chasing the Claudette players. I typically don’t tunnel the player with the RBT on their head, no point in doing that when you MAY be able to get a death due to that. Every time he got the RBT off I found him almost instantly. Poor Jakey Poo 😢

Maybe if they made her red addon baseline (to not see boxes before timer starts), they could instead have it give her additional RBTs. I know what you mean about the corn blindness; I can’t see s*** on that map lol.  
  • beatddbbeatddb Member Posts: 182

SHOULD THE PIG BE ABLE TO RE-TRAP THE SAME SURVIVOR MULTIPLE TIMES?

Yes

• MandyTalkMandyTalk Mod, Co-ordinator Posts: 4,197

I don't think it's a problem to trap the same survivor more than once - sometimes you get matches like that where you constantly find one specific survivor even when you are trying to ignore them and find new ones!

I always feel bad when that happens, but hey things happen and I know I wasn't intentionally looking for that person to ruin their game, it was just that the others were possibly better at hiding than that on. It's happened to me too as a survivor, I was the only survivor that killer could find regularly that match - it just sometimes happens that way. So no I don't think there's a problem if you trap the same survivor more than once.

• PigMainBigBrainPigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 418
    edited September 2018

@MegMain98 said:
    I was playing The Pig a day or two ago and I kinda got gen-rushed and I kept finding this one Jake player over and over again. Needless to say I put a RBT on him twice and he got it off both times. Then the gates got powered and I trapped him a third time and he had a unbreakable and just killed himself at the gate.

How do you guys feel about The Pig being able to re-trap the same survivor multiple times? I kinda felt like a douche for targeting that Jake but I legit couldn’t find anybody else. They were all immersive Claudette’s and Jake stuck out like a sore thumb.

Don't feel too bad, but honestly..... we wouldn't need to keep mashing traps over peoples heads if there were more than 4 jigsaw boxes by default. I run into having to multi trap the same person even if they take off the trap and go immersed never to be seen again until the last gen. Considering the fact that survivors can see all of the jigsaw boxes, and assuming you aren't camping that 1 person and doing what you're supposed to do (Set and forget move on to other survivors) they have a 25% chance to get it off first try, and depending on the level the boxes aren't hard to get to at all, plus if no gens are about to trigger they end up getting a bunch of free time to get the damn thing off.

In an ideal world, I would set the max jigsaw boxes to 5 and allow aura reading of the boxes. Or keep it to 4 but disallow auras until the timer started.

• BossBoss Member, Trusted Posts: 7,080

Yes.