Dead by Daylight will be in Europe for the first time at Gamescom. If you are around the area, there will be a get together on Wednesday, August 21st at 6PM CEST! Come chat, drink, snack and have fun with DBD team members [18+]
To book your ticket:https://www.eventbrite.com/e/dead-by-daylight-gamescom-meetup-tickets-68832392539

how useful is distressing

Just curious I use it but how useful is it
Tagged:

Best Answers

• Tzeentchling9Tzeentchling9 Posts: 1,472
    Accepted Answer
    It's only useful for farming and builds that care about your terror radius(Doctor, Unnerving Presence, Coulrophobia). It can trick noobs into thinking you are closer than you really are, also.
  • SadonicShadowSadonicShadow Posts: 1,105
    Accepted Answer

@Tzeentchling9 summed it up perfectly. If your looking to farm deviousness (not a hard thing to do even without distressing) then its great for that however as a standalone perk its pretty useless and may actually work against you. It only really works well on builds that are centered around the terror radius. Doctor being the one killer that benefits the most from it since he can have an almost map wide terror radius with the right addons.

• HellDescentHellDescent Posts: 1,966
    Accepted Answer

Try it on doctor. It's a must have.

Answers

• redsopine1redsopine1 Member Posts: 1,437
    Thanks guys any perks that give a smaller one besides insidious
  • EsheonEsheon Member Posts: 469
    Monitor & Abuse decreases it by up to 8 meters while you're not in a chase, increases it by the same amount while you are in a chase.
    Esheon said:
    Monitor & Abuse decreases it by up to 8 meters while you're not in a chase, increases it by the same amount while you are in a chase.
    Thanks so that means if I use it and get a good angle I can hatchet survivors without them bolting right away
  • Tzeentchling9Tzeentchling9 Member Posts: 1,472
    Esheon said:
    Thanks so that means if I use it and get a good angle I can hatchet survivors without them bolting right away
    Remember that M&A only effects the Terror Radius and not Huntress Humming, which is also directional. It is unlikely it will help with sneaking up on Survivors with Huntress.
    I know but can make it easier to get closer lol also since people keep answering how do I get ruin and devour hope
    I know but can make it easier to get closer lol also since people keep answering how do I get ruin and devour hope
    Those are hags teachable perks
    Thanks so hope they show in shrine or wait till seson reset so I dint get my butt handed to me for em lol
  • MegaWaffleMegaWaffle Member Posts: 2,155

Aside from using Distressing with perk builds it is also just a god perk to have on smaller maps as it helps confuse survivors with pin-pointing your exact location (unless they have line of sight).

I know I've managed to sneak up on people while using Distressing because they are not sure of how close or far I actually am.

• MasterMaster Member Posts: 10,208

I only use it for extra BP on my doc farming build tbh

• HellDescentHellDescent Member Posts: 1,966

Distressing, sloppy butcher, unnerving presence and coulrophobia are a pretty good mix for a doctor.

Thanks
  • PeanitsPeanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 3,235
    Alone? Not great unless you just want bloodpoints. Combine it with Caulrophobia or Unnerving Presence and it's pretty nasty though. Wouldn't recommend it on sub-32m terror radius killers though.
  • SnakeSound222SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 1,462

Good on Doctor, EW3 Myers with terror radius increase add-ons and perks, and builds with Coulrophobia, Unnerving Presence, or Overwhelming Presence.

It's ok on other Killers with a 32 meter terror radius unless you're a BP farmer. It's not good on Killers with a terror radius of smaller than 32 meters though.

• Dwight_ConfusionDwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,561

Distressing is underrated.

It can make a person go off a gen for a short time...

on Doctor it is a must, and paired with unnerving presence it can be good as well.