Join us on Twitch/YouTube this Thursday at 2pm ET as we uncover the strange things taking place in Hawkins.
Something's strange about the next chapter...

Pre-Patch Hype

PeasantPeasant Member Posts: 3,428
edited September 2018 in General Discussions

Well, the latest addition to Dead by Daylight is predicted to arrive tomorrow, September 11th. Is anyone excited for the patch overall?

Tagged:

Comments

• RSBRSB Member Posts: 2,259
    edited September 2018

Is 11th proven to be the patch date? I thought it was just a speculation.

• PeasantPeasant Member Posts: 3,428

@Orion It may be speculation, to be honest.

• OrionOrion Member Posts: 11,698

@Peasant said:
    @Orion It may be speculation, to be honest.

Since you're not sure, I'm going to assume you're going off of speculation. 11/09 was just the most likely date given previous releases.

@Orion @RSB To be fair though, haven't most of the PTBs and patches appeared in a pattern-like schedule?

• OrionOrion Member Posts: 11,698

@Peasant said:
    @Orion @RSB To be fair though, haven't most of the PTBs and patches appeared in a pattern-like schedule?

Which doesn't change the fact that it's a speculative date, given previous releases. Extrapolation is still speculative.

• powerbatspowerbats Member Posts: 7,071

Well s I said in the other threads They're probably aware of the date but also given that Sony does their updates on Fridays(?). Wouldn't that mean that it comes out Thursday the 13th at 5Pm PST/8pm EST/00:00 UTC?

• SariefSarief Member Posts: 543

@Peasant said:

nope, clown I believe was released on Thursday or smth. Also, PTB was postponed for a week or so even when they gave dates. As they did not give dates, it might not be 9/11. It's just a likely date (like any other)

Well, just to safe, the original text has been changed from "scheduled" to "predicted" hopefully this fixes any confusion.

I would like it to be tomorrow, though, but I don't have much hope for it - date is not proven. As to the Sony updates - wasn't Clown released looong after the PC got him?

@RSB said:
    I would like it to be tomorrow, though, but I don't have much hope for it - date is not proven. As to the Sony updates - wasn't Clown released looong after the PC got him?

I could've sworn there was a 1-2 month gap between pc and console releases.

@Peasant said:

@RSB said:

I could've sworn there was a 1-2 month gap between pc and console releases.

Yeah, that's how I've remembered it. So, logically thinking, the DLC MAY come out tomorrow, and the consoles MAY have the update delayed.

• IncarnateIncarnate Member Posts: 630

Whether it's the correct date or not, I'm not really excited because I know what is being released, more specifically, I am not too excited about specific content being released, because I know about various issues with it, which they seemingly have decided to not fix.

• BoxingRougeBoxingRouge Member Posts: 606
    edited September 2018
    I think they’re waiting for console certification before they even put a date out there for release. Everyone knows what happened last time.
    I think they’re waiting for console certification before they even put a date out there for release. Everyone knows what happened last time.
    Apparently Australia already has the Spirit according to someone else's post.
  • BoxingRougeBoxingRouge Member Posts: 606
    Peasant said:
    Let’s hope it’s out today or tomorrow then.

@Vankruze said:
    Keep in mind Australia is about 16 hours ahead of some parts of USA and Europe.

It is only 8 hours ahead of the central Europe. Patches, if I remember correctly, come out between 7 - 9PM at +2 timezone. So if they, in Australia, have the new DLC for 1-2 hours, it would be correct to say, that today, at 7-9 PM we will have the new DLC released (at +2 timezone).

• SuperyoshieggSuperyoshiegg Member Posts: 103
    edited September 2018

@Peasant said:

Aussie here. Would like for that to be true.

• TheBeanTheBean Member Posts: 1,872
    edited September 2018

@Superyoshiegg said:

Aussie here. Would like for that to be true.

Are using PC or console?... It wouldn't work for PC players, but apparently changing the region on consoles is the key.

• IhatelifeIhatelife Member Posts: 2,608

It's not confirmed

• MasterMaster Member Posts: 10,208

@Orion said:
    Did the devs actually say this, or is it just speculation?

It has been predicted by several magical spheres already :wink:

• ShadoureonShadoureon Member Posts: 493

@RSB said:

@Vankruze said:
    Keep in mind Australia is about 16 hours ahead of some parts of USA and Europe.

It is only 8 hours ahead of the central Europe. Patches, if I remember correctly, come out between 7 - 9PM at +2 timezone. So if they, in Australia, have the new DLC for 1-2 hours, it would be correct to say, that today, at 7-9 PM we will have the new DLC released (at +2 timezone).

I bet you also wondered why the Aussies didnt warn the States for 9/11 huh?

• TheHourManTheHourMan Member Posts: 721

PSN store updates every Tuesday

• TheHourManTheHourMan Member Posts: 721

if you think that Austrailia has it now, try changing your download region in Steam and checking for yourself instead of believing a rumor.

• IncarnateIncarnate Member Posts: 630

@Peasant said:
    Well, the latest addition to Dead by Daylight is predicted to arrive tomorrow, September 11th. Is anyone excited for the patch overall?

Not particularly. But some of the perks are really strong and interesting, new map is also great looking with a lot of detail. But with the new killer having so severe unjustified drawbacks, the devs being unwilling to fix her power before release considering the ton of feedback and suggestions they've received in the PTB 2.2.0, is enough for me to not be particularly excited.

@TheHourMan said:
    if you think that Austrailia has it now, try changing your download region in Steam and checking for yourself instead of believing a rumor.

That is actually against their ToS, and could merit a ban, so I wouldn't recommend it.