Something's strange about the next chapter...

Spirit already released

Players on Facebook are reporting that if you switch the settings on Xbox or PC to Australia you can purchase the Spirit. If this is true is this a legit thing to do? I am not one who likes work arounds. Thank you for any replies. 
«1

Comments

  • foxofthestarsfoxofthestars Member Posts: 69
    RSB said:

    Better not. Dbd itself may not ban you, but Steam actually can, because it is changing region to gain access to lower prices/more products, and this is violating EULA.

    Thank you for the reply! My a** will be waiting like everyone else then! Lol 

  • RSBRSB Member Posts: 2,259

    @foxofthestars said:
    RSB said:

    Better not. Dbd itself may not ban you, but Steam actually can, because it is changing region to gain access to lower prices/more products, and this is violating EULA.

    Thank you for the reply! My a** will be waiting like everyone else then! Lol 

    No problem ;> Hm, if they have the DLC no, maybe the killer will come out even today?

  • arcticxliaarcticxlia Member Posts: 53
    edited September 2018
    Somehow I can't believe it. Probably because I was hyped of the clown last time and had to wait very long. (console player here)
  • SuperyoshieggSuperyoshiegg Member Posts: 103
    edited September 2018

    I'd hope not.

    I actually live in Australia and I haven't seen anything about it.

    Can confirm. Nothing has changed on Steam.

  • mememanxdmememanxd Member Posts: 10
    If this is true then the supposed release date for the Spirit (September 11) might actually be true.
  • TheDarkLycanTheDarkLycan Member Posts: 435

    its all fake, the dlc is unavailable everywhere.

  • TheHourManTheHourMan Member Posts: 721
    Can confirm this is false.
  • SenzuDuckSenzuDuck Member Posts: 2,866

    @meshugganah said:
    Mycroft said:

    @Vankruze said:

    Fake news, it gets released for every pc user at the same time. Australia may be 16 hours ahead in most cases but that doesn't change when devs decide to go live.

    Didn't the pig get released on console first?


    yes, by a day or two.  the pc users were turning themselves inside out.  how quickly they forgot such when us console users agonized over the clown.

    Nobody was turning themselves inside out over it, lmao.
    This is something console players made up to make PC Users seem awful.

    I've seen this being said for a few months now and not one person has been able to show a single screenshot, clip or thread of PC users being angry over it, continue to perpetuate your lies, I'm sure it'll make you feel better one day.

  • RedcumRedcum Member Posts: 196

    @SenzuDuck said:

    @meshugganah said:
    Mycroft said:

    @Vankruze said:

    Fake news, it gets released for every pc user at the same time. Australia may be 16 hours ahead in most cases but that doesn't change when devs decide to go live.

    Didn't the pig get released on console first?


    yes, by a day or two.  the pc users were turning themselves inside out.  how quickly they forgot such when us console users agonized over the clown.

    Nobody was turning themselves inside out over it, lmao.
    This is something console players made up to make PC Users seem awful.

    I've seen this being said for a few months now and not one person has been able to show a single screenshot, clip or thread of PC users being angry over it, continue to perpetuate your lies, I'm sure it'll make you feel better one day.

    I did see some anger back then but it was understandable. The DLC could have been released earlier for PC players but wasn't because they wanted to do a simultaneous release.

  • Dwight_ConfusionDwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,561

    @meshugganah said:
    arcticxlia said:

    Somehow I can't believe it. Probably because In was hyped of the clown last time and had to wait Vers long. (console player here)


    remember how crazy that was?  everybody always like "tomorrow", "in a week" and it was like this grueling month.

    edit-ps4

    Yeah it was brutal man. Just annoying. I was happy to buy it when it came out, but the buzz and hype had mostly fizzled out.

    I really hope console gets it within 2-3 business days from PC this time.

  • SenzuDuckSenzuDuck Member Posts: 2,866

    @meshugganah said:
    lmao.  right there, folks.  king spazorama.   he so is.  trust me on this.

    Oh look - no proof. Typical.

  • Dwight_ConfusionDwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,561

    I don't even mind if PC gets it 1st... I just want it withing a couple days after that at least.

    I would prefer to get it the same day, but whatever.

  • ACEvHEARTSACEvHEARTS Member Posts: 239

    @SenzuDuck said:

    Nobody was turning themselves inside out over it, lmao.
    This is something console players made up to make PC Users seem awful.

    I've seen this being said for a few months now and not one person has been able to show a single screenshot, clip or thread of PC users being angry over it, continue to perpetuate your lies, I'm sure it'll make you feel better one day.

    Senzu, it wasn't so much a community outcry as it was random individuals across social media, Reddit, Steam forums, etc.

  • SenzuDuckSenzuDuck Member Posts: 2,866

    @meshugganah said:
    SenzuDuck said:

    @meshugganah said:

    lmao.  right there, folks.  king spazorama.   he so is.  trust me on this.

    Oh look - no proof. Typical.


    yeah, let me scour the archives for that one, fruitcake.  where do i get this stuff?  the community has always been renowned for it's sanity and calm.  especially those delightful love munchkins from the far superior pc elite.

    Pc is undeniably better - but if you want to play on console that's up to you. I love how you can't form one sentence without throwing an insult in there, very cool.

  • SenzuDuckSenzuDuck Member Posts: 2,866

    @meshugganah said:
    SenzuDuck said:

    @meshugganah said:

    SenzuDuck said:

    @meshugganah said:
    
    lmao.  right there, folks.  king spazorama.   he so is.  trust me on this.
    
    
    
    Oh look - no proof. Typical.
    

    yeah, let me scour the archives for that one, fruitcake.  where do i get this stuff?  the community has always been renowned for it's sanity and calm.  especially those delightful love munchkins from the far superior pc elite.

    Pc is undeniably better - but if you want to play on console that's up to you. I love how you can't form one sentence without throwing an insult in there, very cool.


    "fruitcake" was the part that shifted the conversation into high gear and made all participants no longer responsible for their behavior?

    I mean, you've called me a fruitcake and a spaz in two different replies, very mature, 10/10.

    Still making things up regarding PC players.

  • ACEvHEARTSACEvHEARTS Member Posts: 239

    @SenzuDuck I did find this thread, love. I remember reading it back when it was live. Again, not everybody, obviously. Each platform has the vocal minorities that freak out about everything the devs do "wrong."

  • SenzuDuckSenzuDuck Member Posts: 2,866

    @RSB said:

    @SenzuDuck said:

    @meshugganah said:
    Mycroft said:

    @Vankruze said:

    Fake news, it gets released for every pc user at the same time. Australia may be 16 hours ahead in most cases but that doesn't change when devs decide to go live.

    Didn't the pig get released on console first?


    yes, by a day or two.  the pc users were turning themselves inside out.  how quickly they forgot such when us console users agonized over the clown.

    Nobody was turning themselves inside out over it, lmao.
    This is something console players made up to make PC Users seem awful.

    I've seen this being said for a few months now and not one person has been able to show a single screenshot, clip or thread of PC users being angry over it, continue to perpetuate your lies, I'm sure it'll make you feel better one day.

    I agree on this. Nobody (maybe except for some individuals) were crying over this. This is just a lie... We should not spread the community even more - on PC users and console users.

    Is it fair to release content first for the PC, and then for consoles? Nope, as well as releasing this first on consoles, then on PC. This is a thing we can't change, because platform as Steam, Sony and Xbox have different policies due to releasing content, so when on Steam, let's say, you just upload an update on the servers, then Steam checks: "Hm, looks okay. Accepted", on consoles it may take days, months more and vice versa.

    We should not blame the devs, nor other users for it, because it will take us nowhere.

    Neither of it was BHVRS fault either - not many people know this but despite it going live for Sony Europe/America it took another month for it to go live in Asia too, so clearly it was Sony dragging their feet and nothing to do with BHVRs submitting time.

    It Irks me that people act like they don't communicate with anyone, or patch release times are all down to them.

  • SenzuDuckSenzuDuck Member Posts: 2,866

    @ACEvHEARTS said:
    @SenzuDuck I did find this thread, love. I remember reading it back when it was live. Again, not everybody, obviously. Each platform has the vocal minorities that freak out about everything the devs do "wrong."

    From reading the first page it seems two people complaining while everyone else is telling them it's no big deal.

  • SenzuDuckSenzuDuck Member Posts: 2,866

    @RuneStarr said:

    @SenzuDuck said:

    Nobody was turning themselves inside out over it, lmao.
    This is something console players made up to make PC Users seem awful.

    I've seen this being said for a few months now and not one person has been able to show a single screenshot, clip or thread of PC users being angry over it, continue to perpetuate your lies, I'm sure it'll make you feel better one day.

    Here's a few (some reasonable people, some losing their damn minds over 1 day)

    https://steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/0/1693785035829239162/

    https://steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/0/1693785035827042056/?ctp=2

    https://steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/0/1693785035826717882/

    Comments in this thread:
    https://old.reddit.com/r/deadbydaylight/comments/7sb1du/the_patch_will_come_for_eu_and_aus_ps4_players/

    Also here :
    https://old.reddit.com/r/deadbydaylight/comments/7sffjy/saw_chapter_available_to_purchase_on_na_psn_store/

    Just a quick search. Steam forums is a gold mine if you need more examples though.
    Personally I think it's silly either way to get irrationally mad over a game, and the PC vs Console hate really should go, but eh.

    It was a thing that happened, maybe not to the extent that some claim, but still...

    Hey look - some proof.
    I'f still argue and say this isn't exactly people going absolutely spare.

    One of the threads is literally comments of "W H Y S T E A M" which I would see as a joke. Not the constant every hour posts that were made when Clown dropped.

    But yes - it looks like some people got mad on the steam forums.

  • ACEvHEARTSACEvHEARTS Member Posts: 239
    @SenzuDuck like I said bb, it wasn’t everyone. But it’s never “everyone”. But complainers do exist on all platforms for sure. 

    I don’t really blame anyone. It’s human nature to get frustrated when you have to wait for something that others have access to. But some people are definitely better at exercising patience than others 😂
  • BraveClemBraveClem Member Posts: 76

    How it's released? is there people Playing the DLC? Is there a Source?

  • RuneStarrRuneStarr Member Posts: 828

    @BraveClem said:
    How it's released? is there people Playing the DLC? Is there a Source?

    It's not. Troll thread or someone that fell for a troll thread. It's not on the AUS microsoft store, or anywhere yet.
    :(
    SoonTM

  • TheHourManTheHourMan Member Posts: 721

    If it did come out tomorrow, that would make sense though. Tuesday is when Sony's PSN store updates, so if they were aiming at a simultaneous release, Tuesday would be the most likely day. So either this Tuesday next

Sign In or Register to comment.