The 3.4.1 hotfix is rolling out on Steam and PS4, with Xbox and Windows Store following soon. For patch notes, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/110295/
The disconnect penalty test will take place sometime after the update is released on PC platforms and Switch™.
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Is 2 Sacrifices/Kills balanced or not?

NMCKENMCKE Member, Trusted Posts: 6,043
I don't know if the developers want the killer to get 2 sacrifices/kills in every trial or want the killer to get more than 2 sacrifices/kills in every trial! What do you guys think the balance should be based around?

Best Answers

• VisionmakerVisionmaker Posts: 2,051
    edited September 2018 Accepted Answer

@Nickenzie said:
    I'll quickly add my opinion right here, if the survivors work together, since this is a asymmetrical horror game. The killer should get 2 sacrifices/kills but if the survivors are uncoordinated then the killer should be able to get 4 sacrifices/kills since the survivors didn't work as a team.

But then shouldn't a highly coordinated team get 4 escapes?

If a coordinated team is projected to get 2 escapes, then the average would be 1 escape, 3 kills.

Answers

• VisionmakerVisionmaker Member Posts: 2,051

F U N

• NMCKENMCKE Member, Trusted Posts: 6,043
    edited September 2018
    I'll quickly add my opinion right here, if the survivors work together, since this is a asymmetrical horror game. The killer should get 2 sacrifices/kills but if the survivors are uncoordinated then the killer should be able to get 4 sacrifices/kills since the survivors didn't work as a team.
  • SoulKeySoulKey Member Posts: 107

@Nickenzie said:

And that is why most killers dodge 4 swf squads.

@Nickenzie said:

If a coordinated team is projected to get 2 escapes, then the average team would be 1 escape, 3 kills.

However this is where we get into a grey area, people say it's a "horror" game and that you should feel lucky to survive. I get confused about this topic to be honest! :(
    It should calculate whose feelings will be hurt the most by a loss and give a win to them. 
    It's not about that, I just wanna know what is more balanced... geez.
  • GlobalGlobal Member Posts: 770

@Nickenzie said:
    Visionmaker said:

@Nickenzie said:

If a coordinated team is projected to get 2 escapes, then the average team would be 1 escape, 3 kills.

However this is where we get into a grey area, people say it's a "horror" game and that you should feel lucky to survive. I get confused about this topic to be honest! :(

because surviving has been easy so people think they are entitled to survive.

• TeaLeafTeaLeaf Member Posts: 205

I personally feel 2.5 should be the average kill per game. That is 2 to 3 is very common balance wise with a even divide between the two. 1 kill and 4 kills should both be a rarity and an indication your in the wrong ranking bracket (providing they fix rank to be meaningful) or just had a really bad or good game/got unlucky or lucky.

• Grey87Grey87 Member Posts: 346

@Nickenzie said:
    I don't know if the developers want the killer to get 2 sacrifices/kills in every trial or want the killer to get more than 2 sacrifices/kills in every trial! What do you guys think the balance should be based around?

Yes

• MasterMaster Member Posts: 10,208

@Visionmaker said:

@Nickenzie said:

If a coordinated team is projected to get 2 escapes, then the average would be 1 escape, 3 kills.

Balance is a thing you discuss when you have 2 sides facing each other, both at the same (high) skill level and using all tools available to them, in particular SWF, DS and all that stuff.

What it boils down to is that nurse is the only balanced killer since she is the only one that can reach a 2k average under competitive circumstances. All other killers are too weak.

I know you will argue now "not every game is like this", but this is exactly what balance means. BOTH sides use ALL tools available to them and are sweaty tryhards.

If you balance the game around casual survivors playing solo, then the killer cant do anything in other matches and should DC?

• MasterMaster Member Posts: 10,208

@Nickenzie said:

The devs try to balance the game towards this 2 kill average.

Sadly they achieve it by letting enough noob players to high rank, such that the killer can still achieve this 2k rate.

In a true competitive setting , nurse is the only balanced killer and all others are a joke.